Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

The Spirit And Freedom - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Spirit And Freedom (124 Views)

What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? / How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / Free Will And Freedom From Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Spirit And Freedom by Templee333(m): 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2023
"Where the spirit of the Lord is,there's freedom", that's what i read from the bible. But there's something that I don't understand in these modern christian churches. Let me tell a story...
Re: The Spirit And Freedom by Templee333(m): 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
Many years ago I went to a village diviner to make some findings, after I told him my purpose of visit he said I should come on a particular market day (Offiong), for that's the day of consulting the gods of our ancetors. I finally met him on the set day and he said everything, concluding with instructions on some sacrifices and rituals to perform. Again, these were to be performed on a specific market day (Obo).
Re: The Spirit And Freedom by Templee333(m): 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2023
I notice the same custom in today's christian churches. In their churches' Sign board their days of activities are clearly stated.Was that the original christian custom? I can remember that one of the epistles reprimanded those who still observe days,weeks and new moon. Must the spirit of God be limited to a certain day or hour?
Re: The Spirit And Freedom by Templee333(m): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
The spirit that operated in the days of the original christians didn't need any schedule. Miracles were performed anywhere at anytime. They didn't have to print handbills and distribute to people inviting them to come and receive salvation on a specific day in a certain location. The spirit was given freely at all times. Even at midnight during Paul's sermon when a certain Euticus fell from an upper room, he was raised by the spirit. Peter's shadow healed the sick and raised the dead without any prior notice. The spirit was absolutely free to do anything at anytime.
Re: The Spirit And Freedom by Templee333(m): 9:31pm On Dec 04, 2023
Another issue related to this is the setting of alter/temple. Is this also the original christian custom? Everything that has to do with physical altar ended on the cross. From the time of the new testatament the temple/altar of God is a pure heart that worships in spirit and truth. The revelation of st. John clearly states that in the new city no alter was found except the lamb of God. I can't remember when the original christians have a vestry where people will come and meet him to give solution to their problem, rather, they were commanded to GO and make disciples, baptizing them and the signs and powerful works will follow them wherever they'll GO. Througout the book of Acts, nothing is said about building any alter or a table covered with white piece of clothes and things of that sort. Who introduced all these into christianity?
Re: The Spirit And Freedom by chieveboy(m): 6:25am On Dec 09, 2023
Hello,

You can try to prove the fact that everything is vibration and that these vibrations reaches some lows, equilibrium and highs at different times of the day, week and year.

Someone in the days of old said something in the line of "there is time for everything...a time to die, born, etc".

There is indeed liberty where the spirit is. I interpret that statement to mean "if you enter or use the vehicle of the Holy Spirit, there is freedom, love and power".

The highs and lows are necessary for manifestation to maintain certain states as we know them and also for transformation.

Thanks
Re: The Spirit And Freedom by Templee333(m): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2023
@ chieveboy
The eck teachings refer to TIME, space and matter as illusion of reality, and yet you say that supreme spirit works effectively at certain times more than others? Well, it just might be so. Then how about proving it? i'm 100% ready for any experiment as long as you plainly state the strategies of going about it.
Re: The Spirit And Freedom by chieveboy(m): 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2023
Templee333:
@ chieveboy
The eck teachings refer to TIME, space and matter as illusion of reality, and yet you say that supreme spirit works effectively at certain times more than others?

I said it ebbs and tides, or has highs and lows...

This is not like it's a deficiency for it to have highs and lows, it's the actually the nature which it must work as far as maintaining manifestation in the world's of illusion is concerned. It must do this so that certain realities can exist.

For instance, if the ECK doesn't reduce it's vibration (go into a state of "low"wink, it will be impossible to have anything like cement concrete or 'Matter' as we know it. Nothing will exist to the human eye.

Well, it just might be so. Then how about proving it? i'm 100% ready for any experiment as long as you plainly state the strategies of going about it.

Experiment:

Water. It can change from Solid, Gas, and Liquid when subjected to certain conditions. Same water, different states (highs & lows), different behavior at different levels.

Purpose: We can't have rains if gaseous water doesn't exist.

The eck teachings refer to TIME, space and matter as illusion of reality, and yet you say that supreme spirit works effectively at certain times more than others?

You need to grasp the concepts better also. This world as an illusion is real. All of us however are using the illusory elements and so it is 'real' only to the extent that we are using illusory faculties (eyes, nose, skin, brain).

If you have used a VR headset before, that's practically how the illusion works and how best you can comprehend this concept.

The person wearing the VR headset will fall down and roll on the ground while onlookers will believe this one is a crazy person.

This is how one will see an earthling from the Soul Plane where there is no illusion or duality.

Note something crucial: the person wearing the VR is experiencing reality...as far his brain, eyes and mind are concerned. For the onlookers, it's an illusion, for the wearer, it's real.

A matter of state of consciousness it is then.

(1) (Reply)

Know This And Know Peace!!!!!!!!!! / This Gospel Singer Collapse & D!ed While Performing On Stage / Spiritual Implications Of Cobwebs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.