Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,945 members, 7,845,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Nigerian Lady Breaks Guinness World Record For The Longest Handmade Wig - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Lady Breaks Guinness World Record For The Longest Handmade Wig (250 Views)

Srushti Jagtap Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Dancing Marathon Record / Odumewu Debbie: Pinki Debbie Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Dance / Odumewu Debbie 'Pinki Debbie' To Break Guinness World Record For Longest Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lady Breaks Guinness World Record For The Longest Handmade Wig by adahmiracle: 7:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
Nigerian wigmaker, Helen Williams has broken the Guinness World Record for the Longest Hand-made Wig in the world. 

A statement released by GWR says she created the world’s longest handmade wig measuring 351.28 metres (1,152 ft 5 in).

Helen is said to have spent 11 days and over two million naira (£2,031; $2,493) making the wig.

After sewing the underlay with wig-cap netting and black fabric attached to a bicycle helmet, she completed the wig using 1,000 bundles of hair, 12 cans of hair spray, 35 tubes of hair glue, and 6,250 hair clips.

“Finding the materials to make the longest wig was not an easy task. My experience as a wigmaker helped a lot.”

Helen has been working as a professional wigmaker for eight years, producing about 50 to 300 wigs per week.

“I have trained hundreds of students and have made thousands of wigs,” she revealed.

Watch a video of Helen and the wig she made below

She disclosed that while attempting the challenge, she felt exhausted at some point but that her friends and family encouraged  her and she did not want to let them down and so she maintained her fo.......https://globalinfo247.com/nigerian-lady-breaks-guinness-world-record-for-the-longest-handmade-wig/

Re: Nigerian Lady Breaks Guinness World Record For The Longest Handmade Wig by rentAcock(m): 7:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
Nothing impressive about this. As a kid, I used to marvel over the Guiness Books of Record books. The book cover were shinny and filled with extreme feats and accomplishments by really smart and gifted people. But now, it's just a money making scheme. Any idiot can decide they want to make record for the most absurd things like the longest fart AKA mess or the longest wig. How is that ground breaking and impressive? I can decide to sew the longest dress in history, it's nothing special, except a total waste of fabric and time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Breaks Guinness World Record For The Longest Handmade Wig by PlayMaker14: 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2023
Congratulations to her.... I encourage this.
Re: Nigerian Lady Breaks Guinness World Record For The Longest Handmade Wig by We4all: 7:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
rentAcock:
Nothing impressive about this. As a kid, I used to marvel over the Guiness Books of Record books. The book cover were shinny and filled with extreme feats and accomplishments by really smart and gifted people. But now, it's just a money making scheme. Any idiot can decide they want to make record for the most absurd things like the longest fart AKA mess or the longest wig. How is that ground breaking and impressive? I can decide to sew the longest dress in history, it's nothing special, except a total waste of fabric and time.
I concurr. Most of their records are absurd and doesn't make sense at all.

(1) (Reply)

Oladips Is Alive The Truth Is Out As He Promotes His Album|oladips Is Dead / Skitmaker, OGB, Kogbagidi Graced Burial Of Late Pa Ayantoye In Ogbomoso (VIDEO) / “no Gree For Anybody” – Judy Austin Drops Advice For The New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.