Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,488 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:48 PM

Out Of The Water (Part 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Out Of The Water (Part 1) (142 Views)

Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 4: The Great Purge) / Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 2) / Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Out Of The Water (Part 1) by Storymack: 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2023
Today was the day I was to leave the place I called home for eighteen years of my life. I was to go out to the real world and win souls for my mother who also took the role as a wife.

I was ready, I kept on muttering to myself but in truth I was far from ready. I wanted to stay here in the water and enjoy the glory of my kingdom. I didn't want to go out and mingle with mere humans that didn't have the sense to know that there are more dimensions to life but their ignorance was our success because they were so easy to trick and manipulate.

"Francis" The Sweet voice of my mother, the goddess of the black river called me.

I stood from the golden chair I was sitting on. "Yes mother" I replied.

She appeared in front of me looking as beautiful as ever, with long grey hair and silver eyes she was a beauty to match with no one.

"Are you ready?" She asked me.

"Yes mother I am ready" I bowed as low as I could.

"Take" She gave me a ring. "This is your connection to your real home, anytime you need my help use this ring to call on me and anytime I need you I'll communicate to you through this ring, you must never part with this ring"

I slipped the bronze ring into the middle finger of my left hand.

"Swallow this" she gave me a cowry and I swallowed it without hesitation. I trusted the goddess to that extent. She smiled at my loyalty.

"With that cowry in you, you will be able to disappear and appear at will. No prison or cage will be able to hold you down. You already know the art of manipulation"

"Yes my Queen"

"You already know your mission?"

"Yes my Queen"

" What is your mission"

"To kill, steal and destroy those that don't want to belong to our Kingdom and to Initiate as many as I can to our kingdom" I replied. This was the motto of our kingdom, this was the only thing we lived to do.

"Good, now go and fulfill the words of your mouth"

Immediately she said that a gust of wind carried me spun around me, I felt my entire body jerking, my eyes squeezed shut as I allowed the darkness envelope me.

It stopped as quickly as it happened. I opened my eyes and I was on land for the first time in my life.

TO Be Continued
https://storymack.com.ng/out-of-the-water-part-2/

(1) (Reply)

My Life In Royal Pros High / My Fellow Writers, Please I Need You To Answer This Question. / Olatunbosun, Denja, Agoi, Erediauwa To Headline 2024 World Book Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.