Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,847 members, 7,862,772 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:51 AM

Another Nigerian Helen William Sets New World Record For The Longest Handmade - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Another Nigerian Helen William Sets New World Record For The Longest Handmade (231 Views)

Ashrita Furman Breaks Guiness World Record For Most Arrows Broken With Neck / Helen Paul Used Hijab For A Skit With Wo Song, Slammed By Fans / Odumewu Debbie 'Pinki Debbie' To Break Guinness World Record For Longest Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Helen William Sets New World Record For The Longest Handmade by EmmyJoe1960(m): 1:55am On Nov 15, 2023
About two weeks ago that Hilda Baci the world record holder for the longest cooking marathon was dethroned by chef Alan Fisher, another Nigerian Helen William has achieved a new feats for the longest handmade wig,

Guinness World Records disclosed on Tuesday that “Helen spent 11 days and over two million naira (£2,031; $2,493) making the wig,”

"Helen Williams from Lagos, Nigeria has achieved a new record for the longest handmade wig which stretches an incredible 351.28 metres (1,152 ft 5 in) 👏 pic.twitter.com/gwGdqjF8Wp

— Guinness World Records (@GWR) November 14, 2023

“After constructing the underlay with wig-cap netting and black fabric attached to a bicycle helmet, she completed the hairpiece using 1,000 bundles of hair, 12 cans of hair spray, 35 tubes of hair glue, and 6,250 hair clips.

Helen has been a professional wigmaker for the past eight years, making between 50 to 300 wigs weekly.

however, creating a world record was not an easy feat for her despite the almost-decade-long experience.

Reacting to the feats she attained Helen said “At some point, I felt exhausted,” she told the, however, friends and family encouraged me. I did not want to let them down, so I maintained my focus. The outcome is the longest handmade wig in the world.”

Helen did the work beside the Lagos–Abeokuta Expressway – a route linking Ogun and Lagos State.

(1) (Reply)

Portable Calls Out Charles Okocha For Scamming Him Out Of A Balance Of 20 Millio / Meet Seargeoh: Sylvester's Son And His Intriguing Journey / Naira Scarcity: Singer Yemi Alade Quarries CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.