Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,732 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

NLC, TUC Suspend Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC, TUC Suspend Strike (51617 Views)

NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike For 30 Days / NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike / Industrial Court Restrains NLC, TUC from Embarking On Planne September 28 Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by Ecstasy154(m): 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
The National Executive Council of the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress on Wednesday night suspended the ongoing strike.

The unions said the suspension followed the intervention of the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu.

Our correspondent gathered that the meeting which commenced at a few minutes past 7 pm lasted for close to one hour during which various affiliates and state chapters reviewed the outcome of the meeting held between the leaders of the organised labour and Ribadu.

The National Deputy Vice-President of the TUC, Tommy Etim, made this known in an interview with our correspondent in Abuja.

“The NEC of the NLC and the TUC have suspended the strike. We did this based on our trust for the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, who gave us his words,” he said.

The PUNCH reports that the labour leaders met with Ribadu alongside the Minister of Labour, Simon Lalong, at the Office of the NSA on Wednesday afternoon.

The NSA had announced that the individuals responsible for the brutalisation of Ajaero had been arrested.

The organised labour is protesting against the alleged brutalisation of its National President, Joe Ajaero, and the failure of the government to implement some of the agreements reached on October 2, 2023 effectively.

https://punchng.com/breaking-nlc-tuc-suspend-strike/

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by Codepain: 9:26pm On Nov 15, 2023
Some are unhappy with this news
I don't care for NLC or FG
But if SE people are unhappy with something. Don't tell me what it's i am happy with it

146 Likes 14 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by Prelove1(f): 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
please guys, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num with faith
G.TBank
My name is Angela Oyom. Almighty God bless you and your family

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by otokx(m): 9:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
Great

2 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by NaijaCover(m): 9:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
Hmmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by seunlayi(m): 9:29pm On Nov 15, 2023

Am happy this strike ended in just 2 days but it's a clear warning that labour can still bite but am sure the next strike won't be from organised labour, it will be directly started by the masses when they will troop out to protest untold hardships brought on them by govt policies. This is a kind of strike that Mr A won't need to mobilise Mr B or send letter to Mr C, it's going to be a strike were Mr. A,B and C will just find themselves on the street at same time protesting against govt policies. Tinubu and his long train of Assistants should wake up now to make Nigeria better or at least, return it the way they met it just 5 months ago.

30k Geng, please free me, I no dey read quotes

174 Likes 17 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by LibertyRep: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
To what ends?

Don't start what you can't finish

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by xristos(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
So the strike was because of ajero's brutality..not because of Nigerians...na why e no get weight.
Chai politicians don see us finish

Sig.

101 Likes 15 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by seunlayi(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
2 days of strike is just okay. Labour won

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by straighttalk(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
Playing Games with our Sensitivity

3 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by seunlayi(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
Codepain:
Some are unhappy with this news
Why?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by exynos(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
So after receiving brown envelopes, they resorted to calling it off? I spit on the bald heads of these good for nothing NLC/TUC officials.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by Babatunjo: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
Nigeria is now officially a 1 party state like China imo

Executives, legislators, judiciary, police, business elites and organized labour are now pallies

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by conyema12(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
Now that strike is suspended… can they give Imo state light now .

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by mightyhaze: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
Naija.Cover:
Hmmmmmm
NnaijaCover didn't bring this good news.. tongue

4 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
Dem dun fold

Black jeeps must have been filled with sacks of minted notes.

Chaiiiii......

exynos:
So after receiving brown envelopes.

"Brown envelopes" is an insult..... Nah sacks.

9 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by OlujobaSamuel: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
Good, as I said earlier, only Ribadu response to the event has been reasonable, others are just unwise in their response.
Hopefully, someone within (unreasonable ones) won't destroy the good gesture of the NSA

3 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by seunlayi(m): 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
straighttalk:
Games
it's not, just to tell fg that labour still have some teeth to bite like a 60yrs old man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by 007lss1: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
Okay oooooo
Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by ATEAMS: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
Make Una dey play on top our head .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by EleventhWeirdo: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
So the economic wellbeing and fluidity of govt operations can be played around like pingpong by both labor leaders and govt at every slightest escalation? Some people would have died in the hospital today due to doctors/allied health workers on strike. What a country !

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by helinues: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
grin

He who Jah bless, anyone envying is only attracting thunder

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by efeteb: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ajaero don fall hand again. All the gragra is for what now?

Naija na cruise

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by blackmantis: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
Nonsense

Reducing NATIONAL strike to a tool for settling personal scores..

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by bigeliot(m): 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
This people just dey fall thier hand uppandan. The NLC has become so weak that nobody takes them serious. What did they achieve now? They were looking for pity abi what? Na wa. Good they called it off bcus nobody even notice them. Craze people

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by GreatAutos(m): 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
Useless people

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by Higherthan: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
grin cheesy
Shame on OSU and LP grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by Risingblue008(m): 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
Lie lie government
grin
Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Strike by Gmark26: 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
What shall we do now? shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Bow-Greeting Buhari (Picture): Slavery Or Respect? / Hundreds of Borno youths join militia group to defend their communities(photos) / Blessing Anyim Is Not My Daughter - Anyim Pius Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.