Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,036 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition (36130 Views)

Kebbi Rally: Mammoth Crowd Welcomes Atiku (Video) / Festus Keyamo Welcomes Atiku With This Message / Crowd Welcomes Atiku Abubakar In Jigawa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Khallicopyro: 8:03am On Nov 16, 2023
Medicine after death....
Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by SIONKPO1(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2023
I rather Support Tinubu than Atiku or Kwankwaso.
The North should relax for Southerners to also misrule Nigeria small

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Jeffy1206(m): 8:05am On Nov 16, 2023
Who is nnpp to give conditions? Put the votes given to LP and PDP, it's enough to eradicate any other party in Nigeria. Kwankwaso na scam and Kano president only!
Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by aswani(m): 8:12am On Nov 16, 2023
We don't need a two mega party system of the old political class, we want a third way, headed by those who have not run for or held elective political office before.

President Tinubu ó, Atiku ó, Peter Obi o, they are all part of a political class that need to step aside and allow new blood come in, even as early as 2027.

2 Likes

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by DTaj: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2023
casualobserver:

The idea is dead on arrival. The merger won’t work for the same reason they split up in the 1st place. A re-emerged PDP (which is what a merger between LP,PDP and Kwakwanso is) will never give the ticket to Obi.

The difference between APC and PDP (and it’s splinter groups) is very clear. I urge you to watch the video by Yomi Awoniyi former deputy governor of Kogi state under PDP on YouTube. After 25 years in PDP (his father was a founding member). He defected to APC a few months ago. He said he was shocked at the level of strategic planning in APC. That is what separates APC and PDP. PDP are a party who were gifted power in 1999, and have maintained power by rigging. As soon as it started becoming difficult to rig starting with the reforms under Jonathan, they started to lose their grip on power. The problem with PDP members ( the like of Atiku, Obi, Kwakwanso). Is that they still have that mentality of impunity and rigging that characterized the Obasanjo PDP era. They don’t know how to be strategic. They don’t know how to compromise, they are not fundamentally democrats.

Whatever your views on APC respect them for their ability to compromise, align settle rifts, pacify members, give and take and act strategically . That is why they win elections. You rarely ever hear of rancour in APC. APC will find a way to pacify you and keep you sweet of you are politically relevant. APC rarely do fight to end amongst members and when rifts occur, they will settle. When PDP have internal problems it is fight to finish. PDP is a party of egos and a merger will not succeed for the same reason they split up.

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS FACT-BASED ANALYSIS!

A lot of our young people, Gen Z, were probably not born, or were too young to know, how Nigeria's worst-ever "election" was conducted by an INEC led by Prof. Maurice Iwu in 2007, under a PDP FG of President Obasanjo!

The 2007 elections had been postponed and majority of the ballot papers were still being printed in South Africa, but INEC started announcing results! Imagine that!!! No election, NO BALLOT PAPERS, YET PDP WAS ANNOUNCED WINNER ALMOST EVERYWHERE. PDP killed the two main opposition parties, AD and ANPP, via that infamous 2007 "election"!!! LOL.

Please, I ask NR people to use Google to obtain information about THAT 2007 ELECTION! IT WAS MORE THAN MAGIC, IT WAS EVIL!!!

No INEC has matched the evil machination that the 2007 election was! LOL.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by sulaak(m): 8:18am On Nov 16, 2023
yinkus6750:
They should keep on dreaming.
2027 is by the corner.
Selfish interest will never allow the merger to be successful.
The three former candidates, Atiku, Obi & Kwakeanso, should shelve their personal ambitions, and bring out a neutral credible candidate as the merged parties presidential candidate.
But is that possible ?

Unfortunately, Atiku and KwaKwanso Fulani, born to rule agenda will never allow them to step down for Peter Obi. Peter Obi will be better served standing on his own and building LP into a formidable force as the main opposition party of Nigeria.

n 2006, Abubakar fell out with President Olusegun Obasanjo, and switched parties, from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), in preparation for the 2007 elections.[39]
Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by adez2016(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2023
Even if there is a merger(which l dont really believe can happen between the three) the main question will be....................who will be the Presidential Candidate that will be presented. Atiku, Obi or Kwakwanso. if u think that Atiku will allow Obi or Kwakwanso to be used then u dont know Atiku
Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Gspot(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2023
Oga shut up , the attachment you put here is inconsequential and irrelevant, go do same in osun you will see it's even worse. It's just that the author of this comparison is so dumb not to know politics is local, and he has turned blind eye to the obvious possibility that there was so Much low voter turn our in the presidential election one of the reasons being the cashless policy and others, so this analysis is bullcrap

Thundafireseun:
Merger or no merger if INEC decides you are the winner nothing anyone can do about it not even the judiciary

IMO state election is a case study

1 Like

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Akungitit: 8:22am On Nov 16, 2023
The gathering of losers.
They should name the party ( National Party of Losers) NPL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by garfield1: 8:27am On Nov 16, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Obi won, INEC rigged Tinubu and the compromised judiciary ratified the fraud! Even if they were together, they'd still be rigged out like 2019!

Buhari smashed atiku in 2019

1 Like

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Thegoodone13(m): 8:28am On Nov 16, 2023
lexylaw40kuti:
stop trying to fool yourself... OK tell me if we vote for you in 2027 won't you rule for 8 lawful years . So that will make it 12 straight years of southern rule which will never go down well with the northern leaders. So just forget it. Tinubu till 2031 inshalah
I'm not a politician and who ever that win election is not concern me. Tinubu till 2031 or Obi till 2031 is not concern me but northern can't take over in 2027 . If they merge and Atiku is their presidential candidate, even northern will not vote for him.

1 Like

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Kentursky(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2023
Why wasn't my Anambra born new under Peter Obi?

1 Like

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by jaxxy(m): 8:35am On Nov 16, 2023
can atiku give up his political ambition? The opposition wasn't united.
Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by nairalanda1(m): 8:36am On Nov 16, 2023
Lifestone:
Medicine after death. This should have been done prior to 2023 General Election. Tinubu wouldn't have become the President.
I kept saying Nigerians didn't prefer APC after the Buhari disaster, opposition parties out of greedy individuals divided their votes and handed the election to APC. Check the figures.

Exactly
Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by nairalanda1(m): 8:37am On Nov 16, 2023
Lastmankc:
Idiots,just add Atiku,Obi and Rabiu votes together in the just concluded election,and you will discover that they already beat tinubulation black and blue if they have merged but pride, arrogance selfishness won't allow them do so.Thus, indirectly making ebola the president

Exactly!
Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by spiralwedge(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2023
Atiku should go and rest. He would still want to emerge as the candidate after the merger.
This same man is letting good politicians go into oblivion. He's not giving chances to people like Soludo, Duke, Fashola, Amina J Mohammed, Nuhu Ribadu, etc. These guys are supposed to be emerging right now, not this old rotten Atiku.
The Tinubu I know will raise his political proteges to a level that they can emerge as presidential materials after his turn, to follow a blueprint he will lay down.
For me, that's fair enough.

2 Likes

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by IgOga(m): 8:50am On Nov 16, 2023
grin cheesy grin

I see SE voting for APGA and APC if this merger is successful. They will not pick Obi or any Igbo man to lead the ticket and Wike and FG may influence the VP candidate to also not be from SE.

What they could have done before the 2023 elections and win in a landslide considering Emefiele gave them a real chance

3 Likes

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Kionrae: 9:00am On Nov 16, 2023
It is over for apc if they merge

1 Like

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by casualobserver: 9:08am On Nov 16, 2023
DTaj:

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS FACT-BASED ANALYSIS!

A lot of our young people, Gen Z, were probably not born, or were too young to know, how Nigeria's worst-ever "election" was conducted by an INEC led by Prof. Maurice Iwu in 2007, under a PDP FG of President Obasanjo!

The 2007 elections had been postponed and majority of the ballot papers were still being printed in South Africa, but INEC started announcing results! Imagine that!!! No election, NO BALLOT PAPERS, YET PDP WAS ANNOUNCED WINNER ALMOST EVERYWHERE. PDP killed the two main opposition parties, AD and ANPP, via that infamous 2007 "election"!!! LOL.

Please, I ask NR people to use Google to obtain information about THAT 2007 ELECTION! IT WAS MORE THAN MAGIC, IT WAS EVIL!!!

No INEC has matched the evil machination that the 2007 election was! LOL.

If you watch the Awoniyi video I posted, he said something very instructive. He said even though they are yet to produce a governor and some feel it is their turn, the people of Kogi west need to support the central to build trust so that their trust will be repaid in 8 years because they can’t do it o. Their own. He said Central won because they presented 1 candidate while west presented multiple candidates and split their votes. He also said he knows by then he will be too old to be governor but that trust and alliance needs to be built because they can’t produce a governor on their own without alliances with other senatorial zones.

People who have that kind of strategic selfless vision are not many in PDP. PDP members tend to have the mindset of it must be me.

Put the issue of it is the turn of the south to one side for a minute. The reality of Nigerian elections is that PDP was right not to give Obi the ticket. If they did, the votes Atiku got in the north would have gone to Tinubu. Where they messed up was the way they failed to pacify southern members (Wike, Obi Makinde) and convince them to remain in and work for the party. The same issue that plagued PDP in 2023 will arise in 2027, Obi is unelectable but they need his votes. If they give him the ticket they lose northern votes, if they don’t they lose SE votes. Having also started this Obidient movement, Obi cannot settle for VP. Atiku and Kwakwanso cannot at this stage settle for VP to Obi in a ticket that will not fly in the North anyway.

The biggest mistake PDP made was allow Obi to leave. Tinubu would never have allowed it, he would have found a way to keep him on board. Now that he has left, there is no way back.

I dont know the fate of PDP but I can make a bold prediction. If PDP remains a party and is ever to produce a president of this country, it won’t be Atiku, it won’t be Obi and it won’t be Kwakwanso. Take that to the bank.

Now going back to Awoniyi, for PDP to produce a president and to heal and re-emerge as a force. Atiku, Obi and Kwakwanso must be prepared to sacrifice their egos and ambitions. For a merger to result are PDP really to work with the likes of Abure who now feel they are a force and feel entitled to call the shots? Understand that, LP is now a force, will PDP chieftains be prepared to treat LP hierarchy with respect? It’s like your houseboy now becoming your equal, eating at the same table with people you looked down on, can they handle it? This is what is required for an alliance or a merger to work. Tinubu that merged with ANPP and CPC knew he had to wait to emerge President. Are Kwakwanso, Obi or Atiku prepared to wait or ready to accept they may never be president? Are they prepared to accept that a merger may not produce any of them as president? For a merger to work they have to have that mindset and I say if they had that kind of mindset they would never have split up in the first place.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Meagainstthem: 9:08am On Nov 16, 2023
2027 will be interesting,I'm looking for how all these good for Nothing obirodent will campaign for Atiku in 2027grin awon asinwin gbogbo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Meagainstthem: 9:13am On Nov 16, 2023
adez2016:
Even if there is a merger(which l dont really believe can happen between the three) the main question will be....................who will be the Presidential Candidate that will be presented. Atiku, Obi or Kwakwanso. if u think that Atiku will allow Obi or Kwakwanso to be used then u dont know Atiku

Atiku or Kwakwaso,no Nigeria Fulani man will deputize third class citizensgrin

2 Likes

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by jrusky(m): 9:17am On Nov 16, 2023
Mega thrash. I think obi and his goats said they are saints and can't merge with sinners like Atiku? So who become the illusional president and vice president of their useless merger?

If Atiku mistakenly merge pdp with that useless obi then I will personally suspend my pdp membership till further notice that means apc will rule forever.

2 Likes

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Meagainstthem: 9:18am On Nov 16, 2023
IgOga:
grin cheesy grin

[bI see SE voting for APGA and APC if this merger is successful[/b]. They will not pick Obi or any Igbo man to lead the ticket and Wike and FG may influence the VP candidate to also not be from SE.

What they could have done before the 2023 elections and win in a landslide considering Emefiele gave them a real chance

At bold, you no see am well, dem no born dem well make dem no slave for Atiku if dem merge

1 Like

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by paramakina202: 9:21am On Nov 16, 2023
Lastmankc:
Idiots,just add Atiku,Obi and Rabiu votes together in the just concluded election,and you will discover that they already beat tinubulation black and blue if they have merged but pride, arrogance selfishness won't allow them do so.Thus, indirectly making ebola the president

APC would have simply change their rigging strategy and still declare Tinubu the winner and ask opposition to go to court.
Atiku/Obi PDP ticket was rigged out by Buhari.Nigeria electoral system need to be restructured.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Beolly(m): 9:25am On Nov 16, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Obi won, INEC rigged Tinubu and the compromised judiciary ratified the fraud! Even if they were together, they'd still be rigged out like 2019!
Obi didn't present his results that showed he won in courts.

2 Likes

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by LegallyObliged: 9:27am On Nov 16, 2023
Atiku and Peter Obi are old men and should retire from politics

1 Like

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Jomonix: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2023
It's a great idea to for merger. However the most urgent need is electoral reforms. The electoral system is filled with gaps. The law enforcement during elections is poor and should be reviewed. INEC staff has been accused of writing results ahead of time. How can we reform the system to make this unattractive or at least provable in court. How can law enforcement be equipped so they can successfully investigate and prosecute criminal activity in our elections with or without the support of INEC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by alimiadedayo1: 9:45am On Nov 16, 2023
Finneseguy1:
Atiku should not be trusted , it was because of his greed for power that made Apc to defeat pdp.
but obi is not greedy? your head dey pain u

2 Likes

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by aswani(m): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2023
casualobserver:

If you watch the Awoniyi video I posted, he said something very instructive. He said even though they are yet to produce a governor and some feel it is their turn, the people of Kogi west need to support the central to build trust so that their trust will be repaid in 8 years because they can’t do it o. Their own. He said Central won because they presented 1 candidate while west presented multiple candidates and split their votes. He also said he knows by then he will be too old to be governor but that trust and alliance needs to be built because they can’t produce a governor on their own without alliances with other senatorial zones.

People who have that kind of strategic selfless vision are not many in PDP. PDP members tend to have the mindset of it must be me.

Put the issue of it is the turn of the south to one side for a minute. The reality of Nigerian elections is that PDP was right not to give Obi the ticket. If they did, the votes Atiku got in the north would have gone to Tinubu. Where they messed up was the way they failed to pacify southern members (Wike, Obi Makinde) and convince them to remain in and work for the party. The same issue that plagued PDP in 2023 will arise in 2027, Obi is unelectable but they need his votes. If they give him the ticket they lose northern votes, if they don’t they lose SE votes. Having also started this Obidient movement, Obi cannot settle for VP. Atiku and Kwakwanso cannot at this stage settle for VP to Obi in a ticket that will not fly in the North anyway.

The biggest mistake PDP made was allow Obi to leave. Tinubu would never have allowed it, he would have found a way to keep him on board. Now that he has left, there is no way back.

I dont know the fate of PDP but I can make a bold prediction. If PDP remains a party and is ever to produce a president of this country, it won’t be Atiku, it won’t be Obi and it won’t be Kwakwanso. Take that to the bank.

Now going back to Awoniyi, for PDP to produce a president and to heal and re-emerge as a force. Atiku, Obi and Kwakwanso must be prepared to sacrifice their egos and ambitions. For a merger to result are PDP really to work with the likes of Abure who now feel they are a force and feel entitled to call the shots? Understand that, LP is now a force, will PDP chieftains be prepared to treat LP hierarchy with respect? It’s like your houseboy now becoming your equal, eating at the same table with people you looked down on, can they handle it? This is what is required for an alliance or a merger to work. Tinubu that merged with ANPP and CPC knew he had to wait to emerge President. Are Kwakwanso, Obi or Atiku prepared to wait or ready to accept they may never be president? Are they prepared to accept that a merger may not produce any of them as president? For a merger to work they have to have that mindset and I say if they had that kind of mindset they would never have split up in the first place.

Clearly you are an excellent student of Nigerian politics. It is people like you that should be posting more in this section for the rest to be enlightened, not those rancid IPOBidients who have nothing to offer.

Thank you for your insightful posts, much appreciated.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Lighthome: 9:45am On Nov 16, 2023
Like in Bayelsa, I be
IVORY2009:
The electionary system in Nigeria is a scum, a suitation where the sitting president determines who wins an election is no longer an election, even if the merger is achieved, the sitting president will still tell Inec what to do, as far as the federal govt still appoints the Inec chairman, he will continue to win and appoints governors, local government chairs, senators, house of representatives members etc across who are loyal to him.

1 Like

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Afamed: 9:50am On Nov 16, 2023
Few months ago, you claimed to have won election, Nov 15th you came to talk merger.

Can a political party which truly won an election few months ago be talking of like this?

Truly , one needs another lie to defend the the first lie

2 Likes

Re: LP Welcomes Atiku’s Merger Proposal, NNPP Gives Condition by Gr8amechi: 9:54am On Nov 16, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Jega Will Go, Heavens Won't Fall" - Ayo Fayose / Disturbing Signals: Your Govt Has Crashed Our Expectations - Lukman To Tinubu / Adamu Adamu: I Worked As Buhari’s Speech Writer For Five Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.