Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom (12608 Views)

Police Arraign Woman Caught Collecting N1,000 To Give Out Pvcs / Zulum: Boko Haram Is Attacking People And You Are Collecting N1,000 Per Car / Osinbajo Attends A Thanksgiving Service In Kogi After Helicopter Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Addme: 7:16am On Nov 16, 2023
A clergyman with the Evangelical Church Winning All, ECWA, Pastor David Musa, has been killed by his abductors in Kogi State.

He was said to have been killed on Tuesday night after the gunmen collected N1 million ransom from his family.

News of his murder was broken on the social media church platform on Wednesday morning. The short message reads: “It is with a heavy heart but in total submission to the will of God, I write to inform you that the abductors of our brother, Pastor Musa David, have killed him after collecting ransom of one million naira last night. Let our prayers be with the family, the Church, and the DCC in this trying moment.”

News of the abduction of the victim broke on Saturday, 11 November, in the heat of the Kogi State governorship election. He was said to have been abducted around the Obajana area.
Pastor David was formerly in charge of ECWA Bishara, Ajaokuta. His gruesome murder has heightened panic among his congregation and the state in general.

It would be recalled that the Lokoja/Obajana/Kabba Road has become unsafe in recent times. Gunmen have been operating regularly on the road, abducting and sending people to their early graves.

In September, an army Major was among 26 people that were led to the bush at Aiyegunle Igun, a few kilometres to Kabba town. Some of them secured their freedom after one week in captivity. The fate of others are still unknown.

In a related development, some people narrowly escaped abduction when the gunmen seized the road on Sunday.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/11/15/gunmen-kill-abducted-priest-in-kogi-after-collecting-n1m-ransom/%3famp=1

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by BOSSkesh(m): 7:23am On Nov 16, 2023
My God
What is this abeg

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by SoNature(m): 7:28am On Nov 16, 2023
This is a clear sign of frustration.
Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Jeffiy: 7:30am On Nov 16, 2023
These must be Fulani Herdsmen who ordinarily will want everyone to denouncing their faith by force

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by OVB123: 7:32am On Nov 16, 2023
For many reasons, i don't like kogi state at all. It's not a state i will advise anybody to live. Unemployment very high, youths restiveness second to non and above all they are very diabolical. Expecially the Ethnic group that occupy OKENE TOWN.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Yaribanzaonic: 7:45am On Nov 16, 2023
Can't you see that Fulani Herdsmen have resumed their actions again. In total disregard to Tilumbu,who you supported as President?

IPOB catches them and kills Dem without pity. Same you will be insulting IGBOs. It's obvious you are Yoruba and instead of thinking without sentiments, you let bigotry cover your brains.

I wish they catch people like you..so you will be in their captivity and be shouting IPOB... Nonsense.

BOSSkesh:
My God
What is this abeg

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by adesegun121(m): 7:48am On Nov 16, 2023
Imagine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Risingblue008(m): 7:48am On Nov 16, 2023
Hff
Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Mpcoll001: 7:48am On Nov 16, 2023
Why kill him after collecting money??

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by PussyKing(m): 7:48am On Nov 16, 2023
undecided

Yoruba Muslims can't repent from terrorism this is so sad shocked

Islam
Islam
Islam

Too terrific sad

9 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Resetinc: 7:48am On Nov 16, 2023
check very well where he was abducted …
there must be a fulani settlement & cattle market nearby …
and there must be an army checkpoint nearby

maybe he recognized the place they took him to so they had to kill hi. To avoid traces..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by NaijaCover(m): 7:49am On Nov 16, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by bjtinz: 7:49am On Nov 16, 2023
Chai. So sad. May he RIP. cry
Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Blake755: 7:49am On Nov 16, 2023
Wickedness why killing him after being paid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Nackzy: 7:50am On Nov 16, 2023
Stupid Gunmen, them pay you yet you still kill the man

9 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by sureboykris(m): 7:50am On Nov 16, 2023
Just like that
Another life lost
Nigeria keeps breaking my heart

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by EmeeNaka: 7:53am On Nov 16, 2023
Could be the gunmen hate his religion. There are many terrorists in Kogi state

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Frayoworld(m): 7:53am On Nov 16, 2023
Omo l live in Kabba
Diz z really sad n heart breaking
RIP SIR
Jee nke oma onye ozi

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Yewag: 7:54am On Nov 16, 2023
Khai
Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Abbiencre: 7:55am On Nov 16, 2023
My heart weeps
Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by bigdammyj: 7:56am On Nov 16, 2023
Noted, RIP to the dead.
Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Camic: 7:58am On Nov 16, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Frayoworld(m): 7:58am On Nov 16, 2023
]For many reasons, i don't like kogi state at all. It's not a state i will advise anybody to live. Unemployment very high, youths restiveness second to non and above all they are very diabolical. Expecially the Ethnic group that occupy OKENE TOWN.

Very true bro
But with the almighty God on our side, we av been scaling through.
Pole are also making it here if you are into a good biz

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by gigabyte13: 7:58am On Nov 16, 2023
Abeg, l wan ask question
This kidnapping things
Is it not a terrorist act.....??
What is stopping the government from making kidnapping a capital offense punishable by death......
Except the government herself is interested in this kidnapping activities.....
Nigerians as of today, now see kidnapping as another way of cashing out.
So saaaaadddddddd.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Otulented: 7:58am On Nov 16, 2023
That's what the country has turned into.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Snowx: 7:59am On Nov 16, 2023
God repented for creating a man..

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by seunlayi(m): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2023

Gone are those days when I will schedule a night bus to travel with, pass all the night sleeping deeply on the journey and wake up afresh next morning to begin hustling in another town....
Nigeria is truly gone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Atheistan: 8:00am On Nov 16, 2023
Bad
Re: Gunmen Kill Abducted Priest In Kogi After Collecting N1 Million Ransom by Frayoworld(m): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2023
]For many reasons, i don't like kogi state at all. It's not a state i will advise anybody to live. Unemployment very high, youths restiveness second to non and above all they are very diabolical. Expecially the Ethnic group that occupy OKENE TOWN.

[color=#990000][/color]
Very true bro( very fetish n diabolical)
But with the almighty God on our side, we av been scaling through.
People are also making it here if you are into a good biz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: Secret To Tinubu’s Political Success Are The Ties He Built In 1992 / 650 PDP Members Destroy Their Membership Cards In Abak, Akwa Ibom (Photo) / Work For Zamfara People, Obi Urges Governor-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.