Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada (31948 Views)

UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle / UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle / Foreign Students: UK Varsities May Fall Into Deficit, Says Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by VULCAN(m): 4:50pm On Nov 16, 2023
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by Menclothing: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ice water
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by uche393: 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Nigerians have invaded every country on Earth, holding top positions in most and by 2050 we will take over all of them and form an empire.
Nigerians cannot take over any country because of tribalism.

Indians Chinese and Muslims probably can do it

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by planetx: 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
Most of the universities Nigerians attend in the UK are mushroom universities, that nobody recognizes the certificate.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by FoggedBrain: 5:16pm On Nov 16, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
As e day go. They are still both making money.
In the UK, Nigeria enrolment jumped from 9,000 to almost 120,000 in a space of 3 years.

In Canada, Nigerian enrollment jumped from 18,000 to almost 38,000.

See how the Chinese number keeps reducing. Those guys are gradually saying bye bye to Western world grin

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by Isobug: 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2023
spiSeyi:

Yes I am why you are not, keep you inferiority complex to yourself. I work in a multinational tech company and I know what I am saying. Meta and Google senior engineers and management team are mostly Nigerians and Africans undecided
😀😀.....I am a Pharmacist, After working as a Metallurgical Engineer for 3years.....does that meet you well?

I still maintain, are you more superior than Chinese and Indians that triple Nigerians going for education in the UK and US? Ofcourse you know you are not. What product can you manufacture?
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by FoggedBrain: 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2023
spiSeyi:

Yes I am why you are not, keep you inferiority complex to yourself. I work in a multinational tech company and I know what I am saying. Meta and Google senior engineers and management team are mostly Nigerians and Africans undecided

Show me way na. Abeg 🙏
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by Idaytesj29(m): 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2023
Padipadi:
They v just started. Infact may UK economy crash. Those mofos are lenient to Asians than Africans especially India. The usefulness of Nigeria to UK pas India own. It's India this, India that. They ditched Kemi Badenoch to accept Rishi Sunak abi na Rich Snacks.
Charles no like Nigerians. Wished Lizzy didn't die. That dependant visa wey dem cancel for still dey.
Those same Asians are biting them protesting for the oloriburuku Hamas people.
UK and US ori yin buru o!
Una no see Nigerians that really will not betray you mofos!
Do normal to Nigerians n let ya country v peace.
In UK, it's Indians, Lebanese and Arabs that do fraud pass.

You dont look like them, you are Black.
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by viyon02: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nshikoh:
So they've been milking Nigeria economy
so you know no? Ogaoooo
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by RosyIsBlessed: 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2023
Good for them. Why would I be traveling without my family. I wouldn't even focus on my studies.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by Awardd: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2023
Canada someone claim Asylum in Canada, if so what's are the procedure to follow
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by spiSeyi: 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2023
Isobug:

😀😀.....I am a Pharmacist, After working as a Metallurgical Engineer for 3years.....does that meet you well?

I still maintain, are you more superior than Chinese and Indians that triple Nigerians going for education in the UK and US? Ofcourse you know you are not. What product can you manufacture?
Don't compare others based on your scale of incapabilities, I am setting up my Non-invasive blood sugar and glucose wrist band and watch production in Ibadan, FYI the PCB components will be fully printed in the PCB plant I am setting up in Ibadan
You might be worthless and inferior to Asians other Nigerians aren't

3 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by Awardd: 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2023
VULCAN:
Is this breaking news to you.?

Mtscheww

is canada accept asylum, what are the processing?
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by tshtsh: 5:54pm On Nov 16, 2023
hustla:

My paddy got a job in Germany his UK degree and then moved to Canada on PR

Got 2 jobs with his UK degree in Canada

Una go just dey make up things sha

cheesy
Are you minding them ? After I got a PR to Canada it took me 3 weeks to land my first offer in my field from naija sef. Told them I had permission to work in Canada and interviews continued.
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by hustla(m): 6:07pm On Nov 16, 2023
tshtsh:

Are you minding them ? After I got a PR to Canada it took me 3 weeks to land my first offer in my field from naija sef. Told them I had permission to work in Canada and interviews continued.

cheesy

Got two other friends who work as Cloud Engineers for Canadian companies from Naija

Person no fit know beyond wetin e know
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by hustla(m): 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2023
Padipadi:
They v just started. Infact may UK economy crash. Those mofos are lenient to Asians than Africans especially India. The usefulness of Nigeria to UK pas India own. It's India this, India that. They ditched Kemi Badenoch to accept Rishi Sunak abi na Rich Snacks.
Charles no like Nigerians. Wished Lizzy didn't die. That dependant visa wey dem cancel for still dey.
Those same Asians are biting them protesting for the oloriburuku Hamas people.
UK and US ori yin buru o!
Una no see Nigerians that really will not betray you mofos!
Do normal to Nigerians n let ya country v peace.
In UK, it's Indians, Lebanese and Arabs that do fraud pass.

Crash how? Were Nigerians not abusing the dependent thing? Advertising fake dependent nonsense up and down on social media etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by BennyDGreat: 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2023
obaidan:

So in 2022 Nigerians spent about 41.7 million pounds to apply for UK student visa(much more if we consider payment for rejected applications). Let's even be super conservative and say 30,000 of those spent an average of 12,000pounds in tuition, that is 360million pounds. Naija dey lose money sha.

Too much money. Too much!
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by subcbouy: 6:31pm On Nov 16, 2023
These countries make the population of international students in the UK:
China
India
Nigeria
Indonesia
Malaysia
Pakistan
Others
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by obaidan: 6:33pm On Nov 16, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Too much money. Too much!
and that's UK alone o....also the 12k per year year tuition is so underestimated....
if we add what Nigerians pay for denied US visas alone...everywhere go scatter, na only God fit help naija

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by Tonymegabush1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Same in Canada. Home student will pay anything between 5,000 to 10,000 cad per year c/w grants, international student pay times 3 of that on an average with zero grants. But Canada >>>> UK when it comes to staying back after schooling.

Trying to stay back in the UK after schooling is extreme sport.

Staying back at Canada after study is better than that of the uk. Uk will tell you to look for a sponsor.

Canada is hard to.enter but once you enter it's way better

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by ndidibabe(f): 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2023
planetx:
Most of the universities Nigerians attend in the UK are mushroom universities, that nobody recognizes the certificate.
Can you at least 5 of these mushroom universities? I want to compare them to the best universities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by 247man: 7:20pm On Nov 16, 2023
Mrdecent:
They may have a rethink soon. Get set

Yea. In like 2 years time.
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2023
SoNature:
Education is by far faster and cheaper in the UK than Canada. But then, graduates are more likely to get jobs faster in Canada than the UK. I just hope the UK's Home Office knows what they are doing by stopping students from coming in with their dependents.
What do you mean by education being cheaper in the UK compare to Canada? As far as I know, Canada is way cheaper than UK, you can see PG course for as low as 11k CAD in Canada while the cheapest I’ve ever come across in the UK is £12k, change both funds to naira and you will see that UK is way higher than Canada

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by Chetas81(m): 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2023
SLAVE WON'T STOP CHASING THEIR MASTERS 🤣

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by EconFinance: 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2023
planetx:
Dey play
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by tshtsh: 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2023
ndidibabe:
Can you at least 5 of these mushroom universities? I want to compare them to the best universities in Nigeria.
Don’t compare U.K. universities with universities in Nigeria. When you leave Nigeria to U.K. or elsewhere your competition is in U.K. not Nigeria. Most Nigerians attend mushroom schools in uk. In Scotland there are many universities but the ancient 4 are the most recognised by employers ( St Andrews uni , uni of Aberdeen , uni of Edinburgh , uni of Glasgow ). You’ll find most Nigerians in Glasgow Caledonian uni , uni of west of Scotland , Robert Gordon and the likes which employers don’t really value as much as the ancient universities.
If you come to canada you’ll find thus cana da has very competitive universities but most Nigerians are attending colleges ( Humber college , Seneca …). A Nigerian with a bachelors or masters degree goes to Canada to study at a college just to get student visa . Where I work there is no college graduate in the engineering team. Most are from uni of Waterloo, uni of Toronto , queens uni and a few from McMaster uni.

When you leave Nigeria your income , skills and education should be applied to your new location and not comparing with your previous location. Many leave Nigeria from upper model class ans settle at the bottom in Canada but still beat there chest saying they are better off than person A or B in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by BayoGreater: 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2023
Can I get schools with funding for direct masters in the U.S. Kindly suggest schools. I'm interested in I.T related courses, many thanks.
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by Gerrard59(m): 11:49pm On Nov 16, 2023
spiSeyi:

The majority of tech workers in the US are Asians. So, how are Africans the majority? In fact, this is Google's management team: https://craft.co/google/executives The black man there is from Zimbabwe

Meta's: https://about.meta.com/media-gallery/executives/ The only black person there is an African American as head of diversity.

Majority of the tech workers in the US: https://www.mercurynews.com/2012/11/29/asian-workers-now-dominate-silicon-valley-tech-jobs/

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by ndidibabe(f): 12:01am On Nov 17, 2023
tshtsh:

Don’t compare U.K. universities with universities in Nigeria. When you leave Nigeria to U.K. or elsewhere your competition is in U.K. not Nigeria. Most Nigerians attend mushroom schools in uk. In Scotland there are many universities but the ancient 4 are the most recognised by employers ( St Andrews uni , uni of Aberdeen , uni of Edinburgh , uni of Glasgow ). You’ll find most Nigerians in Glasgow Caledonian uni , uni of west of Scotland , Robert Gordon and the likes which employers don’t really value as much as the ancient universities.
If you come to canada you’ll find thus cana da has very competitive universities but most Nigerians are attending colleges ( Humber college , Seneca …). A Nigerian with a bachelors or masters degree goes to Canada to study at a college just to get student visa . Where I work there is no college graduate in the engineering team. Most are from uni of Waterloo, uni of Toronto , queens uni and a few from McMaster uni.

When you leave Nigeria your income , skills and education should be applied to your new location and not comparing with your previous location. Many leave Nigeria from upper model class ans settle at the bottom in Canada but still beat there chest saying they are better off than person A or B in Nigeria
I do not really understand your argument. A lot of Nigerians are working in the UK with a Unilag degree which is far rated below Robert Gordon Uni which you have just referred to as a mushroom uni. Infact, I know a FUTA graduate working in your almighty St Andrew Uni as a Network Engineer. What competition are you referring to specifically? Schools will always be rated above one another and while you attend a first class uni, that might give you an edge to be shortlisted for an interview, it doesn't give you the job. Not even in those countries you have mentioned where they place more value on your skill than your certificate.
Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by tshtsh: 12:45am On Nov 17, 2023
ndidibabe:
I do not really understand your argument. A lot of Nigerians are working in the UK with a Unilag degree which is far rated below Robert Gordon Uni which you have just referred to as a mushroom uni. Infact, I know a FUTA graduate working in your almighty St Andrew Uni as a Network Engineer. What competition are you referring to specifically? Schools will always be rated above one another and while you attend a first class uni, that might give you an edge to be shortlisted for an interview, it doesn't give you the job. Not even in those countries you have mentioned where they place more value on your skill than your certificate.
Works at St Andrew as a network engineer not an academic position but a support position. I can work in Goldmansachs as a security guard or support engineer and that does not mean I am rated as high as an associate in derivatives. Where you work is not as important as your role in the organisation. Not everything can be explained here but bias in the work place is real. There is a reason McKinsey targets ivy-league business school grads as consultants and there is also a reason Nigerian doctors struggle to get a license to practice Medicine in Canada. Workplace bias is real but I am of the opinion that it’s better to attend a top school home or abroad.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada by Gerrard59(m): 1:50am On Nov 17, 2023
YoungBruzzy:

What do you mean by education being cheaper in the UK compare to Canada? As far as I know, C[b]anada is way cheaper than UK, you can see PG course for as low as 11k CAD in Canada[/b] while the cheapest I’ve ever come across in the UK is £12k, change both funds to naira and you will see that UK is way higher than Canada

Those are colleges, not standard universities.

Their nomenclatures differs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% / What A Phd Is And What It Is Not / Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.