Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,748 members, 7,955,858 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:12 PM

Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List (10835 Views)

Chevening Scholarship Removes Diezani From Honours List / Queen Of England Honours Nigerians In Her Honours List Of 2015 / Full List Of Nigeria National Honours Award Recipients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Rossikk(m): 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2011
^^You have to be an EXCELLENT actress to win a national merit award. Putting on a fake American accent makes her a MEDIOCRE actress, no matter how 'popular' she is among those who don't know any better.
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Afam4eva(m): 6:43pm On Oct 29, 2011
Are excellent actors those that use African accent? Are you F-ing kidding me?
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Rossikk(m): 6:45pm On Oct 29, 2011
How many Hollywood actors/actresses do you see faking a foreign accent?

Why should she not use her natural African accent? What is wrong with the African accent?
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Afam4eva(m): 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2011
If the role she's acting demands that she uses an American accent, then why not? Afterall, there are loads of Nigerian that fake the American accent. So, Nigerian movies are just a mirror to what happens in real life.
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 29, 2011
What has aki and pawpaw,kanayo,genevieve and olu jacobs contributed to Nigeria besides campaigning for jonathan during his presidential campaign ?
afam4eva:

Yes, no one can rule out nepotism but tell me where you don't find nepotism. It's not only peculiar to the National merit list. We can't complain because the people that were chosen have equally done well for the country.
There are millions of deserving Nigerians that deserve this honor but they won't get because they don't belong to the inner click !
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Afam4eva(m): 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

There are millions of deserving Nigerians that deserve this honor but they won't get because they don't belong to the inner click !

Pls name some of these Nigerians.
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Rossikk(m): 6:52pm On Oct 29, 2011
^^ Pally, very few, if any, of the roles she's played ''demands'' that she speaks with a Yankee accent.  

And if they did, she would have to spend some proper time actually learning to speak in that accent without sounding so tragically fake.
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Afam4eva(m): 6:54pm On Oct 29, 2011
Rossikk:

^^ Pally, very few, if any, of the roles she's played ''demands'' that she speaks with a Yankee accent.  

And if they did, she would have to spend some proper time actually learning to speak in that accent without sounding so tragically fake.

I'm not arguing with you about her sounding fake. What i'm saying is that that's not the basis for the award.
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Rossikk(m): 7:12pm On Oct 29, 2011
It should be!!!! We are not robots. The girl is actually spitting in our face to be 'forming accent'. What is wrong with OUR accent??

I would never give her a National Merit Award on the basis of that FLAW.

You're free to hold a contrary view of course. cool
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by naijadot: 9:16pm On Oct 29, 2011
Its always a good thing when we honour our very own.
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by misterh(m): 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2011
I look at d list & i SMH! I think there are more pple deserving of nat'l awards than a 'pawpaw'. I stil don't know wat IMMENSE contribution he has done 4 Nigeria.
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by isuomo: 10:11pm On Oct 29, 2011
Stephanie Okereke getting an award from GEJ? and nairalanders are shocked? u surely no nothing that happens here in Abuja!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by mechris: 11:59pm On Oct 29, 2011
Kanayo O Kanayo's award is most Laughable.Looks like reward for campaing effort.The painful thing is that GEJ is constant streak of display of errors in judgement .
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 30, 2011
I wonder why capt. Yobo should be getting an award at this time with Nigeria not making it the nations cup.
Well, Siasia's name should be there too.
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Plutarch: 6:29am On Oct 30, 2011
Many Nigerians r just critics. For those of u criticizing d list,u will do good by listing d name of 5 pple than ought to be there but were omitted
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Afam4eva(m): 6:31am On Oct 30, 2011
Abi oo
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by member479760: 7:59am On Oct 30, 2011
Let dem receive the honor, afterall the thin no get meaning for a country living without power for the past 50 years.
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by TenKobo1: 8:36am On Oct 30, 2011
That's truly a demeaning list.
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Remii(m): 9:06am On Oct 30, 2011
zeen nurei:

This is bulshit. Honestly we need to pray for our naija.

we have always been praying, we even have the biggest praying hall in the world, so we need to do more than pray. "leaders are also prayer warriors" they get anointing and blessing from both mosques, churches and even shrines, lol
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 30, 2011
What the heck is Joseph Yobo doing on that list before the most decorated nigerian player, Uncle Kanu, I ain't mad at his success but due process must be followed, okay I think GEJ is compensating his 2011 political machineries!
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by crackhouse(m): 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2011
Gej only acts on the list given to him by the compilers. He don't even know most of them and the type of work they do. Maybe he's familiar with about 30 to 50 names while other names remains strange. One day, they will also give D'banj and Tuface national honour for corrupting our young minds with their music video. Cool biz for compilers, some will even beg for their name to be included.
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by sholasys: 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2011
This Afam4ever is intellectually clueless, what a pity ? you are so blinded you dont see what we r talking about. Dont worry, Jim Iyke , Tonto Dike, etc will be also be awarded too for promoting Nigeria. I dey laugh ooo
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Afam4eva(m): 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2011
sholasys:

This Afam4ever is intellectually clueless, what a pity ? you are so blinded you dont see what we r talking about. Dont worry, Jim Iyke , Tonto Dike, etc will be also be awarded too for promoting Nigeria. I dey laugh ooo

No, you will be awarded for doing nothing, Olodo. Instead ofn you to get your hat on and try to achieve a quarter of what these guys have achieved, you're busy maasturbating with their pictures in your mind. Guy, wake up and get cracking.
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by Santino1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 02, 2011
Please what has Dangote done to deserve the ''Powerful'' honour of GCON
Re: Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List by kokoA(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2011
There is this traffic warden here in Abuja that does his job so well (under the sun an in the rain) to an extent that people park their cars to watch him at times. I think these are the kind of people that deserves a national honor undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sultan Of Sokoto Alarmed Over Insecurity, Calls For Prayers For Nigeria / PDP To Buhari: Boys Scout Leader Better Than You / Aregbesola Inflated Airport Contract By N11.5bn - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.