Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? (434 Views)

How Do You Manage With A Wasteful Over Sabi Wife / How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? / Bachelors, How Do You Manage Marriage Pressure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by HelpfulBro: 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2023
Goodday family section of nairaland, I'm a young boy and I've been supporting home. I'm not complaining and I feel very opportuned to help out my father as he's tried alot but....

We are 5 in the house, me, my two older sisters, my mom and dad. The thing is I'm really worried about how foodstuffs run out in our home that I'm stressed when I think about it because...

Just recently I've used 100k+ to buy food stuffs, bag of rice and others and I told them that they should try to manage till January - February before I get money but to my surprise in 2-3 weeks the bag of rice is half.

I saw it today and I'm already worried, recently I've be advised by therapist to reduce stress and take more breaks because of the mental health crisis I was going through because I just left a relationship with a narcissistic partner

I'm scared because I know how it is when I didn't have some money, we don't eat well and food used to be scarce while my dad worried alot.

I'm still trying to build a consistent income so I can't even be spending much, I have a n investment and some funds I purposely locked up because I know better. I'm aware that just using money will finish it if it's not coming and I don't want to just assume I'll get another online job that paid me this amount at random

Pls advise me, how can I plan this food thing better because no support from anywhere it's stressful?
Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by Kingozymandias(m): 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2023
the fake stories on this forum ehn!!! when did you buy the bag of rice that it is half now now? was it kg or 10kg bag or 25kg bag? specify because there is no way on earth 50kg can be half in 2 months with just 5 people plus other food stuffs? bros na lie!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by Nukilia: 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2023
Sorry about the terrible situation you have found yourself Op. Do me a favour, the first thing you need to do is identify supporters of Agbado in your family, once you have identified them, direct them to the APC HQ for their RONU CARD. If you do not take this action, they will continue to eat all your food. If there are no Agbado members in your family, then your problem is half-solved. I will advise that you check that nobody is giving your food to Agbado camp as charity.
Call a family meeting to sensitize the family on the need to eat with caution as we are already in an economic crisis.

grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by Kingozymandias(m): 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2023
Now listen buy 50kg bag of rice @ 5- 48K
buy 8 cartons of golden penny jollof noodles
Buy 2 cartons of spaghetti
buy 2 cartons of marcaroni
buy half bag of beans
buy garri half bag
buy onions one basin
buy 1 carton of gino jollof tomatoe paste
buy packs of knorr maggi

the other things they can be buying small small this will last you guys 4 - 5 months of moderate usage

avoid doing father Christmas with the food
Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by illicit(m): 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2023
Abi one of your two sisters dey go carry ur rice give boyfriend

🥴🤕

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:13pm On Nov 17, 2023
Maybe they are wasteful or they have people they give foodstuffs to. Try and find out if your mom or sisters have people they give food items to. You gave them a time frame to use the items, so just ignore if it finishes before time. However when your dad is in need, you can give him some cash tokens.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by RepoMan007: 3:14pm On Nov 17, 2023
Rice can be exchanged for many other things like meat fish oil or beans. Instead, buy corn or even the less desirable guinea corn in volume. Whoever wants good food like meat fish bean should manage the corn to have strength, then hustle to eat well.
Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by HelpfulBro: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2023
Kingozymandias:
the fake stories on this forum ehn!!! when did you buy the bag of rice that it is half now now? was it kg or 10kg bag or 25kg bag? specify because there is no way on earth 50kg can be half in 2 months with just 5 people plus other food stuffs? bros na lie!!!

Should I take a picture for you bros?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by garriAndsugar: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2023
This bag of rice now is not up to one bag again.

When everyone is at home food will finish quick, let your sisters get something doing to support the family also.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by garriAndsugar: 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2023
HelpfulBro:

Don't mind him, Depending on how people eat one bag can finish within a month for a family of 5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by Kingozymandias(m): 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2023
HelpfulBro:

No need
Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by Villa12(m): 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2023
Kingozymandias:
Now listen buy 50kg bag of rice @ 5- 48K
buy 8 cartons of golden penny jollof noodles
Buy 2 cartons of spaghetti
buy 2 cartons of marcaroni
buy half bag of beans
buy garri half bag
buy onions one basin
buy 1 carton of gino jollof tomatoe paste
buy packs of knorr maggi

the other things they can be buying small small this will last you guys 4 - 5 months of moderate usage

avoid doing father Christmas with the food
only rich people can afford all these. Most average Nigerians cannot afford it
Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by Kingozymandias(m): 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2023
Villa12:
only rich people can afford all these. Most average Nigerians cannot afford it

Stop thinking this way undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Foodstuffs In These Times? by Villa12(m): 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2023
Kingozymandias:

Stop thinking this way undecided
I can't afford it. I know many that can't afford it either.

(1) (Reply)

When Is The Right Time To Teach Your Child Sex Education? / Life / Are You Living Your Life Purpose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.