Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,904 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then (55559 Views)

Metamorphosis Of Olusegun Obasanjo (Photos) / The Official Peugeot 504 Of Olusegun Obasanjo In 1979 As Head Of State (Photo) / Arrest Obasanjo Now – Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by Exceed15: 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2023
He aged gracefully.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by kestolove95(m): 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2023
Old age
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by Justiceleague1: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2023
Coneheaded structures and sophisticated maarrraans y.m.m regard buhari more than they regard OBJ

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by Vinnie2000(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
Obasanjo the Great!πŸ‘πŸ‘

The Greatest Yoruba Man who ever lived alongside AWOLOWO and FELA KUTI.πŸ˜ŠπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

DRUGGIE Ebola Tinubu is not even in the Top 10.πŸ˜’

Amoda is in the League of Gani Adams, Buruji Kashamu and Baba Suwe! 🀨😏😏
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by backnbeta(f): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
God1000:
Life has different phases, we're all gonna get old someday

Baba Obasanjo is a strong African man, I think he's the most recognized and respected
living former president in Africa, sadly his people don't like him.

I remember meeting him way back in 2011 when I was working in one of his farms in Ibadan
The fact that his people disagree with his political views doesn't mean hatred for him undecided
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by tishbite42: 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2023
Freshtruth:
I swear the guy really cashout big time but one thing he will be remember for his for him to tell his successors the truth
The truth he never told himself
How hypocritical
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by emmnprince(m): 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Yes, he introduced "Operation Feed the Nation".

And used part of taxpayers money and money from the treasury generated from crude oil to build and sustain his farms for years
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by pendragonbladgo(m): 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2023
God1000:

Baba Obasanjo is a strong African man, I think he's the most recognized and respected

I remember meeting him way back in 2011 when I was working in one of his farms in Ibadan
Which one be his people again?

Am I not his people? Obasanjo employed all tribes to his Government, no tribe or family in Nigeria can say they didn't gain except for the men whose focus was follow women and giving birth to children in early 2000s are poor today, for people like my Dad and others who took advantage of Obasanjo's tenure are ok till date!

Those who don't like him must be a personal issue, I don't think he has ethic issues. Also; OBJ don't have personal friend!
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by Vinnie2000(m): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2023
backnbeta:

The fact that his people disagree with his political views doesn't mean hatred for him undecided

Ogbeni, They HATED him.πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

They accused him of stopping Awolowo from becoming President. undecided

As president, They Didn't like his Govt which was PRO-NATIONAL as against the Pro-ethnic style of Bubu and Ebola. sad sad

They Didn't like him because IGbos loved him. They HATE anything or Anybody IGBOs love!πŸ˜•πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜Œ
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by yemmywesey(m): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2023
Oloriburuku fellow
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by Atk1nson(m): 1:03pm On Nov 18, 2023
Toluwanise247:

Who is baba ? That thief

What do you know about him?

For IGR,to debt size, the economic growth, baba had by far the best record in Nigeria's recent democratic history. Crude price was $20+ per barrel, man never made noise about being broke.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by pendragonbladgo(m): 1:03pm On Nov 18, 2023
God1000:

Come to think about this, you must be from Igbo, except an Igbo man will say Yoruba don't like Obasanjo.
What you don't simply know about yoruba's is, they think, that's why you feel like they hated him. Yoruba's don't hate, they only think and disagree with you when your sense is not in line, just like Peter Obi who brought down fall for him and his boss Atiku forever with his greed to leave PDP that help him become relevant!
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by adolfHitler1934: 1:03pm On Nov 18, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
This man chop Nigeria from his youthful days to his old age. I don't celebrate criminals who turned this country upside down. Yeye dey smell 🀧
Mumu talk from a confirmed mumu person that can never get closer to the least of Obasanjo's achievement in life.

You are one of the haters that the Op stated...."Sadly, his people don't like him"

Envy and hate kills, beware.
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by rohangold: 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2023
Legend man
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by ellizy(m): 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2023
I pray for baba grace
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by Angelfrost(m): 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2023
The man has aged very well like fine wine!... We should learn from and imitate Asians (especially the Japanese) in how they stay healthy and age gracefully.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by IVORY2009(m): 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2023
shadrach77:
So what's the big deal? Everybody will age. He has lived a good life. A three time leader of world's most populous black nation, blessed with children, grand children and with long life and good health. What else can one pray for?

I pray you get to that age......

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by sirjoggy(m): 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2023
brain54:
Don’t know if this would aptly convey/express my thoughts…

But my dad used to say plantain Dey spoil we say it Dey ripe

Every single day we wake up we get older. In fact I just got older by 60 seconds typing this.

Life is short… live a good life.

If they is anything that has always fascinated me it’s old age and death.

Insert pix: Younger and older(last) pics of Mohammed Ali!
ọrọ agba
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by kareemkamil(m): 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2023
I'm sure, he will continue to regret y he looted so much. Life is vanity unpon vanity.
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by Angelfrost(m): 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2023
Freshtruth:
I swear the guy really cashout big time but one thing he will be remember for his for him to tell his successors the truth

He cashed out but also set the nation on the right track economically... He handed over a thriving and debt-free economy to Yar'Adua.

He remains the best Civilian Head of State we have had since the return of democracy in 1999.

That's why he can boldly remain in Nigeria and speak boldly whenever he is called upon, unlike his successors who flee the nation after handover, like the crooked rogues they are.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by Tonytonex(m): 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
Pogba12:
1.Before
2. Now
why he come lose weight like that? shocked
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by isaachi4u: 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2023
Grate Man. Respect Sir
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by Atlantis585: 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2023
Why didn’t anyone tell him that you can’t put a mobile phone next to your heart? The radio waves from it can cause heart related problems such as heart failure and irregular heart beats.

Now y’all know. Do the right thing.
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by kissdabride: 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
Pogba12:
1.Before
2. Now
The best president Nigeria have had.....
May aged in grace baba sanjo!!!!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by okoroemeka(m): 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2023
God1000:

it will be a privilege to meet such a man
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by aremubabs: 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Obasanjo the Great!πŸ‘πŸ‘

The Greatest Yoruba Man who ever lived alongside AWOLOWO and FELA KUTI.πŸ˜ŠπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

DRUGGIE Ebola Tinubu is not even in the Top 10.πŸ˜’

Amoda is in the League of Gani Adams, Buruji Kashamu and Baba Suwe! 🀨😏😏

First of all, Obasanjo is not even close to the top 10 list of greatest Yorubas ever.

There is Obafemi Awolowo (established the first newspaper in Nigeria and the first TV station in Africa),

Herbert Macaulay (founder of the first political party in Nigeria),

Wole Soyinka (the first black Nobel Prize winner in Literature),

Hubert Ogunde (regarded as father of modern Nigerian theatre),

D.O. Fagunwa (legendary writer),

Fela Anikulapo Kuti (Father of Afrobeat),

Amos Tutuola (undeniably the first West African writer of English expression to win considerable international recognition.)

Jimoh Buraimoh (credited with being Africa's first head painter.)

The Saparas, the Crowthers (founder of the first university in the whole of Africa)...

Who the heck is Obasanjo? Without political powers or influence, what did he achieve by sheer natural gifts or talents?

No doubt, he has achieved much by virtue of political powers, but there are far greater Yoruba sons than him. In fact, placing him beside Awolowo is an embarrassment to the Yoruba people.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by Coolcat95: 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
This life get as e bi ooo
As day dey break na so person de waka πŸͺ¦ 🚢dey near him grave, meaning as day dey go, na so person dey old de go
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by God1000(m): 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2023
okoroemeka:
it will be a privilege to meet such a man
Yes man
Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by dominic17: 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2023
He is not Muslim hence they hate him
God1000:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then by efe21: 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2023
aremubabs:

First of all, Obasanjo is not even close to the top 10 list of greatest Yorubas ever.

There is Obafemi Awolowo (established the first newspaper in Nigeria and the first TV station in Africa),

Herbert Macaulay (founder of the first political party in Nigeria),

Wole Soyinka (the first black Nobel Prize winner in Literature),

Hubert Ogunde (regarded as father of modern Nigerian theatre),

D.O. Fagunwa (legendary writer),

Fela Anikulapo Kuti (Father of Afrobeat),

Amos Tutuola (undeniably the first West African writer of English expression to win considerable international recognition.)

Jimoh Buraimoh (credited with being Africa's first head painter.)

The Saparas, the Crowthers (founder of the first university in the whole of Africa)...

Who the heck is Obasanjo? Without political powers or influence, what did he achieve by sheer natural gifts or talents?

No doubt, he has achieved much by virtue of political powers, but there are far greater Yoruba sons than him. In fact, placing him beside Awolowo is an embarrassment to the Yoruba people.
You don't have respect. Pa Obasanjo is a legend and you should respect him. Always see the good in people. Enjoy the rest of your day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Unhappy Over Governors Takeover Of APC / Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers / Femi Fani-kayode Speaks On Melaye's Arrest & Hospitalization - Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.