Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Born Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Born Again (192 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Born Again by steveodo(m): 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2023
Tell us your conversion story, how did you become born again ?
-Was it personal decision?.
-you were evangelized?
- was it because of a miracle you experienced?
Re: Born Again by MatrixReloaded: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2023
steveodo:
-you were evangelized?
Every man have a turn around. Every soul should repent. Its a personal decision as per say. Don't forget miracle only occurs to one with faith.
Re: Born Again by Dtruthspeaker: 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2023
steveodo:
-you were evangelized?

It's always personal.

God does a miracle or 2 to all people but since they never wanted Him in the first place, they still refused to follow Him.

Exactly like the multitude who saw and ate the bread and fish but after all that, they all went home and continued as they have always lived.

It's always a personal decision exactly as choosing whom you shall marry and whom you shall never ever marry or whom you shall employ/whom you shall never employ and so on
Re: Born Again by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Nov 18, 2023
steveodo:
-you were evangelized?
Let's start instead by asking What it means to be born again? Why? Because the mental experience that most boast of does not come close to the real deal described by Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Born Again by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
■ Every man have a turn around. Every soul should repent. Its a personal decision as per say. Don't forget miracle only occurs to one with faith.
While the act/process is to be experienced and endured by the whole who made the decision, the proof is not only experienced by the person in question though. Read what Jesus Christ said in John 3 vs 5 - 8 of those who are Born of Spirit. It is not possible to exist in that state and keep it hidden from others. undecided

So, are you truly born-again or did you simply have a mental experience which you confuse with being born-again. undecided
Re: Born Again by MatrixReloaded: 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
While the act/process is to be experienced and endured by the whole who made the decision, the proof is not only experienced by the person in question though. Read what Jesus Christ said in John 3 vs 5 - 8 of those who are Born of Spirit. It is not possible to exist in that state and keep it hidden from others. undecided

So, are you truly born-again or did you simply have a mental experience which you confuse with being born-again. undecided
John the baptist saw Jesus christ prior to when he was baptise and decline but christ insist so as the scripture will be fulfilled. Most people who aren't born again yet are filled with the guardian angel which eventually lead them to that salvation ground where they will be arrested by the Holiness of christ Jesus. Remember he didn't come for the belivers rather the unbelievers. Who are these unbelievers(pagan, idol worshippers,tax collectors) as you read your Bible and go to church u are a believer of christ but are you In communion with christ.
Re: Born Again by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

John the baptist saw Jesus christ prior to when he was baptise and decline but christ insist so as the scripture will be fulfilled. Most people who aren't born again yet are filled with the guardian angel which eventually lead them to that salvation ground where they will be arrested by the Holiness of christ Jesus.
■ Remember he didn't come for the belivers rather the unbelievers. Who are these unbelievers(pagan, idol worshippers,tax collectors) as you read your Bible and go to church u are a believer of christ but are you In communion with christ.
1. These idea you spew are of Fables and not Scripture. undecided

2. None of this answers the question asked you. Are you truly born-again or did you simply have a mental experience which you confuse with being born-again? undecided
Re: Born Again by MatrixReloaded: 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. These idea you spew are of Fables and not Scripture. undecided

2. None of this answers the question asked you. Are you truly born-again or did you simply have a mental experience which you confuse with being born-again? undecided
What are you talking about mental experience.? Being a Born again Christian is flee from all flesh acquaintance. Moreover Born again Christians are doers of christ evangelism and upholding the cruxification. Neither Born again nor mental awareness justify your question. The both are totally different. No one was born righteous. We all have that self perception of making heaven but it comes with a heavy burden which can be laid on the foot of the cross. That's why I always pray "O Lord remember me in your paradise" with an open heart and with faith.
Re: Born Again by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
■ What are you talking about mental experience.? Being a Born again Christian is flee from all flesh acquaintance.
■ Moreover Born again Christians are doers of christ evangelism and upholding the cruxification. Neither Born again nor mental awareness justify your question. The both are totally different. No one was born righteous
what you described there in bold is exactly that, a mental experience. lipsrsealed

2. Again, what you continue to assert are of mental experience—ideas concocted in the minds of men— and not the Truth as described by Jesus Christ Himself. Pay attention to what Jesus Christ said of those who are at least BORN OF SPIRIT.

5 Jesus answered, “Believe me when I say that everyone must be born from water and the Spirit. Anyone who is not born from water and the Spirit cannot enter God’s kingdom.
6 The only life people get from their human parents is physical. But the new life that the Spirit gives a person is spiritual.
7 Don’t be surprised that I told you, ‘You must be born again.’
8 The wind blows wherever it wants to. You hear it, but you don’t know where it is coming from or where it is going. It is the same with everyone who is born from the Spirit.” - John 3 vs 5 - 8
The many descriptions of the born-again experience you claim to have had does not in anyway resemble the description given by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
Re: Born Again by MatrixReloaded: 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
what you described there in bold is exactly that, a mental experience. lipsrsealed

2. Again, what you continue to assert are of mental experience—ideas concocted in the minds of men— and not the Truth as described by Jesus Christ Himself. Pay attention to what Jesus Christ said of those who are at least BORN OF SPIRIT.

The many descriptions of the born-again experience you claim to have had does not in anyway resemble the description given by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
You are just contradicting the same statement I just explained about John the baptist and Jesus christ. My brethren let's run this race and let heaven be our final destination shalom.
Re: Born Again by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Nov 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
■ You are just contradicting the same statement I just explained about John the baptist and Jesus christ.
■ My brethren let's run this race and let heaven be our final destination shalom.
I hope you have a clear understanding of the meaning and application of the word contradiction. undecided

Again, Pay attention to what Jesus Christ said of those who are at least BORN OF SPIRIT.
5 Jesus answered, “Believe me when I say that everyone must be born from water and the Spirit. Anyone who is not born from water and the Spirit cannot enter God’s kingdom.
6 The only life people get from their human parents is physical. But the new life that the Spirit gives a person is spiritual.
8 The wind blows wherever it wants to. You hear it, but you don’t know where it is coming from or where it is going. It is the same with everyone who is born from the Spirit.” - John 3 vs 5 - 8
The many descriptions of the born-again experience you claim to have had does not in any way resemble the description given by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

2. Run the race according to your mental idea or run it according to God's stipulation and ideas, which? undecided
Re: Born Again by MatrixReloaded: 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I hope you have a clear understanding of the meaning and application of the word contradiction.

2. Run the race according to your mental idea or run it according to God's stipulation and ideas, which? undecided
Find peace ✌️
Re: Born Again by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
■ Find peace ✌️
I take it that you have never in fact what Jesus Christ described as far as being born-again then...
... given that none of your many descriptions of the born-again experience you claim to have had comes close to that which Jesus Christ said of the phenomenon. I guess my next question is what do you gain from faking it? undecided
Re: Born Again by tctrills: 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

What are you talking about mental experience.? Being a Born again Christian is flee from all flesh acquaintance. Moreover Born again Christians are doers of christ evangelism and upholding the cruxification. Neither Born again nor mental awareness justify your question. The both are totally different. No one was born righteous. We all have that self perception of making heaven but it comes with a heavy burden which can be laid on the foot of the cross. That's why I always pray "O Lord remember me in your paradise" with an open heart and with faith.
Stop complicating it, Jesus Christ already gave you a simple definition. It means to be born of the water and of the spirit.
1. Baptism and 2. Receiving the Holy Spirit.
Re: Born Again by MatrixReloaded: 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
tctrills:

Stop complicating it, Jesus Christ already gave you a simple definition. It means to be born of the water and of the spirit.
1. Baptism and 2. Receiving the Holy Spirit.
Read up where I mentioned John the baptist and Jesus. Was is not on that quest that we knew about water baptism. Get sense abeg
Re: Born Again by tctrills: 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

Read up where I mentioned John the baptist and Jesus. Was is not on that quest that we knew about water baptism. Get sense abeg
You were confused do I just gave you a simple definition of being born again. You are welcome.
Re: Born Again by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

Again, based on what Jesus Christ said...,
... are you born-again?
Re: Born Again by paxonel(m): 3:36am On Nov 19, 2023
steveodo:
-you were evangelized?
it is a scam to the highest order.
Rather you should be asking, how were you converted from your previous religion or Faith into the Christian Faith which is required for your salvation?

a scripture says without Faith(not without being born again) it is impossible to please God
Re: Born Again by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:39am On Nov 19, 2023
The first and last time Jesus mention this was in his conversation with a first century member of the Jewish high court named "Nicodemus" John 3:3

Notice that Jesus used two different verbs in the conversation:

“Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.” :3

“Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born from water and spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. :5

This is because members of that court were anticipating to become part of those who will rule with the Christ in his Kingdom and they also believe that the Christ will establish his government in Jerusalem {Isaiah 2:3 compare to Act 1:4 & 6} that is why Nicodemus who is already nursing doubts due to the evil schemes of his colleagues went to visit Jesus at night.

Jesus is hereby telling Nicodemus that the seat is not for wishers it's out of reach for ambitious people {Matthew 20:20-23} so all prospective members of that class must first become BAPTIZED as disciples of Christ and afterwards they will be ANOINTED with God's Holy Spirit therefore they will no longer hope to live in the flesh again as humans but they will be transformed into angels {Luke 20:34-36 compare to {1Thessalonians 4:16-17} because Jesus is taking them away to his home in heaven {John 14:1-3} where flesh and blood (humans) can't live! 1Corinthians 15:50

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

My Christmas AI Images Of Jesus / TB Joshua Is A Great Prophet - Apst Johnson Suleman Speaks / Tinubu Blasts BBC Over T. B. Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.