Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. (390 Views)

Peter Obi: Bad Leadership Holding Nigeria Down, Not 1999 Constitution / Osun Voters Mock APC: We Collected Their Money, But Voted For Adeleke (Video) / I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by Justiceori2019(m): 2:32am On Nov 19, 2023
Bayelsa Money is not showing on Bayelsa State; Bayelsa Underdevelopment calls for concern.

Bayelsa State was created 1st October, 1996 out of Rivers State under the military administration of Gen Sani Abacha.

Bayelsa has 8 local government with a population of 2.9 million [2023] – Projection 9,391 km Area 270.2/km².

Bayelsa is blessed with oil and oil was first discovered in Niger Delta in Oloibiri, a small community in Ogbia Local Government of the state.

I have traveled passed Bayelsa twice looking at the part of Kaiama, Sagbama etc and i was shocked with the underdevelopment in the State.
From my point view Bayelsa State is far from development going by the resources at its disposable and I simply say the money of Bayelsa State is bigger than Bayelsa State, then why the Underdevelopment?

The Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of Bayelsa as at 30th June, 2023 is N9. 64 Billion which is 48.2% performance YTD (N3. 890 billion for Q2.
As at July 2023, Bayelsa got N21billion as federal government allocation.
As an oil bearing state, Bayelsa shares from 13% derivation fund.
In September, Bayelsa State received N2 billion as fuel subsidy removal palliative fund from the Federal Government.

Unfortunately, In the midst of all this huge resources in July, 2023, Bayelsa State emerged as the most concerning case, with a shocking 2.61 million people living in multidimensional poverty, constituting a staggering 88 percent of the state's estimated 2.9 million inhabitants, they suffer open defecation, Mal nutrition, lack of access to clean and safe water, no strong formal education etc, infact Poverty lives in Bayelsa State. Very sad but something can still be done though I acknowledge
Successive administrations has come and gone, but it now lies on the hands of the incumbent to change things for good.
I am crying and pleading with Governor Douye Diri not to see his reelection as an avenue to make away with public fund since he is not coming again after the completion of his second term but a call to serve the good people of Bayelsa State.
As a leader, making your name reign for good is better than acquiring properties all over the World.

Justice Ori,
Concerned Nigerian Youth.
19th November, 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by adesegun121(m): 4:47am On Nov 19, 2023
Ojelu

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by Nice2023(m): 4:51am On Nov 19, 2023
The truth is,the people don't like development. They like to follow those that are oppressing them. Look at a state whose oil income from federal govt is times 20 of abia and imo combine yet u can not see super projects in that state.

What they do literally is sharing the money among themselves and nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by IVORY2009(m): 4:59am On Nov 19, 2023
Nice2023:
The truth is,the people don't like development. They like to follow those that are oppressing them. Look at a state whose oil income from federal govt is time 20 of abia and imo combine yet u can not super projects in that state.

What they do literally is sharing the money among themselves and nothing more.

Same thing in Delta State, some of the commissioners are billionaires and there are no meaningful development in the state.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by Lastmankc(m): 5:20am On Nov 19, 2023
These guys are sperm donors and love drinking ogogoro

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by brain54(m): 6:11am On Nov 19, 2023
I weep for Bayelsa…

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by misano(m): 6:16am On Nov 19, 2023
IVORY2009:

Same thing in Delta State, some of the commissioners are billionaires and there are no meaningful development in the state.

Remove Delta state from your mouth forever.
Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by misano(m): 6:20am On Nov 19, 2023
Anytime APC fails to rig their way to power, their useless supporters will start to talk nonsense about the state. Is Kogi not in Nigeria? Make we here word jor. Every state is the same. If Nigeria makes more money today the politicians will loot more, if it makes less they loot less.

APC stop crying. We're not interested.
Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by IVORY2009(m): 7:19am On Nov 19, 2023
misano:

What do you know about Delta State, do you know the amount of resources that state has? And the amount of embezzlement going on there from Ibori to Uduaghan to Okowa, billions of naira shared, go that state and compare the urgue resources that has passed through and the development that is there, I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by victorclean(f): 7:30am On Nov 19, 2023
F
Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by brain54(m): 7:46am On Nov 19, 2023
misano:

Mugu…

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by misano(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2023
brain54:

Mugu…

I will like to compare your state with Delta state, mumu pikin.
Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by misano(m): 7:56am On Nov 19, 2023
IVORY2009:

What do you know about Delta State, do you know the amount of resources that state has? And the amount of embezzlement going on there from Ibori to Uduaghan to Okowa, billions of naira shared, go that state and compare the urgue resources that has passed through and the development that is there, I rest my case

Apart from Delta which state has more than 2 airports? Which has more than 3 state owned University? Which state has a standard stadium in any every town?

If you can pick a state in Nigeria with all this 3 things I mentioned then we can start talking.
Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by ruggedtimi(m): 8:06am On Nov 19, 2023
misano:
Anytime APC fails to rig their way to power, their useless supporters will start to talk nonsense about the state. Is Kogi not in Nigeria? Make we here word jor. Every state is the same. If Nigeria makes more money today the politicians will loot more, if it makes less they loot less.

APC stop crying. We're not interested.
bayelsa state is worst. My people give them 10k and win their vote.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by ruggedtimi(m): 8:09am On Nov 19, 2023
misano:

Apart from Delta which state has more than 2 airports? Which has more than 3 state owned University? Which state has a standard stadium in any every town?

If you can pick a state in Nigeria with all this 3 things I mentioned then we can start talking.
wetin delta state dey carry three airports do?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by misano(m): 8:11am On Nov 19, 2023
ruggedtimi:
wetin delta state dey carry three airports do?

It's part of development.
Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by misano(m): 8:14am On Nov 19, 2023
ruggedtimi:
bayelsa state is worst. My people give them 10k and win their vote.

Listen bro, I know things are not really good in Bayelsa but I have noticed that APC supporter only attack states that do not have APC governors then keep quiet on a state with APC governors. It's just politics, nothing more.
Re: Bayelsa State Has Money, But It Is Underdeveloped Because of bad Leadership. by obonujoker(m): 8:15am On Nov 19, 2023
Honestly I'm tired of Nigeria has a whole....

(1) (Reply)

'Leave Wike Alone'. Abuja Residents Ask Critics To Stop Distracting The FCT / Bandits Abduct 36 Women, Kill 3 In Zamfara Community / Rivers Crisis: Open Letter To U.S Secretary Of State, Antony Blinken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.