Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,120 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore (23387 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by Nobody: 1:57am On Jan 24, 2019
Omoyele Sowore, presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC), says he was the first person to expose Walter Onnoghen, the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), as possessing accounts containing unexplainable funds.

Sowore said this on Wednesday night while featuring at a town-hall meeting tagged 'TheCandidates', broadcast live on the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) with the support of MacArthur Foundation.

He made the statement while answering a question on how his administration would tackle corruption, if elected.

He explained that for any anti-corruption war to succeed, it must be fought indiscriminately.

"There must be consequences, you know... for people to know that it is not alright to be corrupt and still get a chieftaincy title," he said.

"Look at the judiciary. Look, Nigeria has been playing around with crruption for a long time, but you know, as an individual, I have been fighting corruption for the last 12 years with SaharaReporters.

"The Chief Justice of Nigeria who is under trial now, I was the first person on SaharaReporters to put out his account that he has money that he cannot explain. Do you know what happened when I did it? The EFCC issued a statement that I was wrong. Now, when it is politically expedient, he is underoing trial."

Onnoghen is currently being tried at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) for fraudulent asset declaration, with latest revelation about his bank account detailing a series of dubious payments to the tune of bundreds of thousands of dollars.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/23/breaking-i-was-first-prove-onnoghen-has-money-he-cant-explain-says-sowore

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by modath(f): 1:59am On Jan 24, 2019
Onnoghen , according to wailers is within his right to "own" & also "forget" to declare his stash.... cool

148 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by KanwuliaExtra: 1:59am On Jan 24, 2019
Nor be APC dey appoint and pay am? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by Eboski(m): 2:15am On Jan 24, 2019
ok

1 Like

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by CodeTemplar: 2:57am On Jan 24, 2019
Buhari will revert fully to 1983-84 mode if he gets his second term. I am scared as shit not because I am corrupt but because Buhari is a biased leader who doesn't understand democracy.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by QuotaSystem: 3:53am On Jan 24, 2019
See, even another Presidential aspirant is now buttressing the fact that the CJN has questions to answer regarding his suspicious unexplained wealth.

Not minding that innocent individuals somewhere likely have been wickedly robbed of justice, wailers still insist Onnoghen's case should be thrown out the window.

Anyone who is against the trial of Onnoghen is even more sentimental and nepotistic than the PMB government they're condemning.

159 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by Parada: 4:19am On Jan 24, 2019
But he will get it what will you now do ?
CodeTemplar:
Buhari will revert fully to 1983-84 mode if he gets his second term. I am scared as shit not because I am corrupt but because Buhari is a biased leader who doesn't understand democracy.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by QuotaSystem: 4:49am On Jan 24, 2019
CodeTemplar:

You should only be scared if you're a looter, boko haram or ipob terrorist.

With Buhari, you'll always reap what you sow.

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by femmy2010(m): 4:53am On Jan 24, 2019
JUSTICE bought and sold

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by Viking007(m): 5:00am On Jan 24, 2019
modath:
Onnoghen , according to wailers has is right... cool
There's a difference between HIS and IS.

"The Chief Justice of Nigeria who is under trial now, I was the first person on SaharaReporters to put out his account that he has money that he cannot explain. Do you know what happened when I did it? The EFCC issued a statement that I was wrong. Now, when it is politically expedient, he is underoing trial."
Only the zombies are blind to the hypocrisy in this government. You claim to be fighting corruption while you surround yourself with criminals only to discard them when they refuse to do your bidding. Nonsense.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by Muscomide: 5:01am On Jan 24, 2019
CodeTemplar:

Too, too biased, clannish, sectional and nepotistic. He has constituted the most non-inclusive administration since Nigeria's independence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by Yankee101: 5:03am On Jan 24, 2019
And you nko?

1 Like

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by hazardneymar: 5:04am On Jan 24, 2019
M

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by AdesegunSanni89: 5:12am On Jan 24, 2019
If Onnoghen had an iota of shame in him, he would have steppped down. Old SOAB

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by helinues: 5:22am On Jan 24, 2019
Okay

1 Like

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by modath(f): 5:23am On Jan 24, 2019
Viking007:
There's a difference between HIS and IS.

Only the zombies are blind to the hypocrisy in this government. You claim to be fighting corruption while you surround yourself with criminals, only to discard them when they refuse to do your bidding. Nonsense.

He "is" right.. has "a" right to "forget" such an amount .. it was incomplete post that auto correct mangled and I admit I didn't pay attention to.....

Bros, na me go lecture you. smiley

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by Uglyaddy: 5:29am On Jan 24, 2019
modath:

He "is" right.. has "a" right to "forget" such an amount .. it was incomplete post that auto correct mangled and I admit I didn't pay attention to.....

Lady,just put your head in shame.You are one of the people supporting a dullard that cant offer anything good to Nigerians.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by NessaBoo(f): 5:31am On Jan 24, 2019
The way PDP is supporting the CJN has buttressed the point that they love corruption, and more reason why they shouldn't be given a chance in hell to rule.

Look at them running from pillar to post to stop the trial, because they are beneficiaries of a corrupt judiciary.

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:33am On Jan 24, 2019
you did not declare? or you declare? all na to put a northern in there .To protect their rigging activities.abeg, crowding renting and vote buying should be enough for cabals in aso rock na

3 Likes

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by VivaDeAngelo(m): 5:35am On Jan 24, 2019
This one talks anyhow, that would be his greatest undoing. He also lacks political intelligence, always saying the things he should not be saying and keeping quiet to the things he should be saying.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by AdesegunSanni89: 5:35am On Jan 24, 2019
MondayOsunbor:
you did not declare? or you declare? all na to put a northern in there .To protect their rigging activities.abeg, crowding renting and vote buying should be enough for cabals in aso rock na
your wailing just dey start

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by MobilityExpress: 5:42am On Jan 24, 2019
NessaBoo:
The way PDP is supporting the CJN has buttressed the point that they love corruption, and more reason why they shouldn't be given a chance in hell to rule.

Look at them running from pillar to post to stop the trial, because they are beneficiaries of a corrupt judiciary.

It was PDP that corrupted our judiciary, so they're not just beneficiaries alone.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by CaptainGOOD: 5:43am On Jan 24, 2019
H
Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by CaptainGOOD: 5:44am On Jan 24, 2019
AdesegunSanni89:
what can your own miserable fada offer Nigeria? Fool

Why involving and insulting her father pls undecided

It's an irony how u, Yorubas claim to be respectful but easily insult people parents.
Rubbish eyes service hypocrites,

3 Likes

Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by JohnJey: 5:46am On Jan 24, 2019
true talk
MobilityExpress:

It was PDP that corrupted our judiciary, so they're not just beneficiaries alone.
Re: I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore by Viking007(m): 5:47am On Jan 24, 2019
modath:

Good morning. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate suspends plenary till thursday: Acting clerk Nelson Oyewo / 2023: Tinubu’s Loyalists Spoil For Fight Over APC Presidential Zoning / FG Detects 54,000 Fraudulent Payroll Entries In IPPIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.