Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? (281 Views)

There Will Be No Christians In Nigeria In Next 25 Years – NCEF Warns / 3-year-old Praise, Israel Ezekiel's Daughter Kneels As She Worships God In Kenya / Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by GreenDee(f): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2023
So I was discussing with a friend recently, and a question just popped up in my head.

As Christian Singles, how do we know the will of God in our life for marriage?

So we don't make mistakes.. your response are highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by immortalcrown(m): 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
It is simple. God's will is for you to choose a person that keeps the ten commandments.
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by doggedfighter(f): 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
Anyone that ticks your boxes and is your spec. Isn't that the will of God ?

grin grin

If you are given a barrow pusher or that girl.

Will they still be the will of God ?
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by achorladey: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
GreenDee:
So I was discussing with a friend recently, and a question just popped up in my head.

you can start seeking answer to your question by isolating scriptures that defines the will of God.

Let me start with Micah 6:8. Read and share what you can glean from it.

1 Like

Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2023
GreenDee:
So I was discussing with a friend recently, and a question just popped up in my head. As Christian Singles, how do we know the will of God in our life for marriage? So we don't make mistakes.. your response are highly appreciated.
There is no such thing as the Will of God in marriage. That scam was instead created by your pastors and mogs to scam you into allowing them to have greater control over your lives and marriages since that sort of control means that generations of your home will continue to fill seats in their businesses and auditoriums. Your lives are nothing but investments in their businesses. undecided
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
immortalcrown:
It is simple. God's will is for you to choose a person that keeps the ten commandments.
This is obviously a lie given that the 10 commandments, along with the other 603 which you conveniently ignore, were given by God instead to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan for a Constitutional Law in the Nation of Israel - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by immortalcrown(m): 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This is obviously a lie given that the 10 commandments, along with the other 603 which you conveniently ignore, were given by God instead to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan for a Constitutional Law in the Nation of Israel - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided
As a Christian, the will of God in respect to you choosing a spouse is for you to choose who obeys God.
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2023
This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 1Timothy 2:3-4

God's will for His worshipers is for us all to get to Paradise!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2023
immortalcrown:
As a Christian, the will of God in respect to you choosing a spouse is for you to choose who obeys God.
Stop lying! undecided

God's Will instead refers to God's Law, and the Law that has been available to all those condemned of God's Old Law from about 1900 years ago is the New Covenant Law and Truth of God, the National Constitution in the Kingdom of God i.e. Jesus Christ. And what God's Law says of your marriages has not changed in almost 2000 years — His Will is everlasting! undecided
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by immortalcrown(m): 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! undecided

God's Will instead refers to God's Law, and the Law that has been available to all those condemned of God's Old Law from about 1900 years ago is the New Covenant Law and Truth of God, the National Constitution in the Kingdom of God i.e. Jesus Christ. And what God's Law says of your marriages has not changed in almost 2000 years — His Will is everlasting! undecided
So, does the God's law you refer to say that you choosing a spouse who will disobey God is God's will for your marriage?
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
immortalcrown:
So, does the God's law you refer to say that you choosing a spouse who will disobey God is God's will for your marriage?
God's Law states that your marriages are of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 -36. What do you think that means? What part of that suggests to you that it matters to God whether you chose even the devil himself for a spouse? undecided
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by immortalcrown(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God's Law states that your marriages are of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 -36. What do you think that means? What part of that suggests to you that it matters to God whether you chose even the devil himself for a spouse? undecided
Is following what you stated here as God's law a disobedience to God?
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2023
immortalcrown:
Is following what you stated here as God's law a disobedience to God?
Answer the question first and you will have your answer. undecided

Again, God's Law states that your marriages are of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 -36. What do you think that means? What part of that suggests to you that it matters to God whether you chose even the devil himself for a spouse? undecided
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by immortalcrown(m): 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Answer the question first and you will have your answer. undecided

Again, God's Law states that your marriages are of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 -36. What do you think that means? What part of that suggests to you that it matters to God whether you chose even the devil himself for a spouse? undecided
Answer my question before we proceed because I already answered your earlier questions.

Is following what you stated as God's law a disobedience to God?
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2023
immortalcrown:
Answer my question before we proceed because I already answered your earlier questions.
Is following what you stated as God's law a disobedience to God?
Your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. Following that would mean one no longer believes or regards marriage as of God or has anything to do with God or His Kingdom. That is what obedience in this case would amount to. undecided
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by immortalcrown(m): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. Following that would mean one no longer believes or regards marriage as of God or has anything to do with God or His Kingdom. That is obedience of what obedience in this case would amount to. undecided
The obedience you mentioned here is to who?
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
immortalcrown:
The obedience you mentioned here is to who?
Who do you think? undecided
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by immortalcrown(m): 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Who do you think? undecided
You are the one to explain yourself, not me speaking for you.
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by FRANCISTOWN: 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2023
GreenDee:

There is no will of God anywhere for anyone.
Christians don't have better marriages than any of the other practitioners of other religions.

Christians who claimed to be spirit filled and spirit led commit marital error.
Your pastors and G.Os also have disfunctional homes.

Pastor Chris have been in the ministry since the 19s yet his marriage nose dived.
Kenneth Copeland, Kathryn Kulman, Chris Okotie and so on all had failed marriages.

Be responsible for once and stop putting your life in the hands of one fairy character
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by achorladey: 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing as the Will of God in marriage. That scam was instead created by your pastors and mogs to scam you into allowing them to have greater control over your lives and marriages since that sort of control means that generations of your home will continue to fill seats in their businesses and auditoriums. Your lives are nothing but investments in their businesses. undecided

Kobojunkie be calming down grin grin and read in between the lines well......

GreenDee asked....

Key: In "our life" for marriage.

Going by what I know about how you subscribe seriously to the words of Jesus Christ, you cannot tell me Jesus Christ didn't say anything regarding God's will. Can you?

There is no such thing as the Will of God in marriage

I definitely agree that the above are words put together by religious leaders of Christian denominations today including people in the field relationships and the rest.

That scam was instead created by your pastors and mogs to scam you into allowing them to have greater control over your lives

The more reason you need to make GreenDee understand the will of God in our life for marriage to avoid falling prey to scams

Or GreenDee come and elaborate your question well.
Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2023
achorladey:
Kobojunkie be calming down grin grin and read in between the lines well...... GreenDee asked....
Key: In "our life" for marriage. Going by what I know about how you subscribe seriously to the words of Jesus Christ, you cannot tell me Jesus Christ didn't say anything regarding God's will. Can you?
■ I definitely agree that the above are words put together by religious leaders of Christian denominations today including people in the field relationships and the rest. The more reason you need to make GreenDee understand the will of God in our life for marriage to avoid falling prey to scams Or GreenDee come and elaborate your question well.
God's Will is God's Law and Jesus Christ is the embodiment of that very Law which is the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. That Law does not include anywhere in it any suggestions that may be regarded as a "will of God in our life for marriage".

2. And that is exactly why I was blunt with him in my response regarding the origin of that scam. undecided

1 Like

Re: Christians In The House, How Do You Know The Will Of God In Marriage? by Dustbinbint(m): 8:25am On Nov 20, 2023
Jehovah God instituted marriage as the basic unit and the most fundamental unit of society, the family. The relationship of husband and wife with themselves and one another dictates how they will relate with any child resulting from the marriage, and this affects how the child will relate with them and with his environment and, eventually, how his attitude and outlook will turn out as an adult.

So everything begins in marriage, the root of the family, the root of society.

Notice how God created Adam first. It is not that God didn't originally intend to create Eve. The use of the plural “them” in Genesis 1:26 lets us know that He very well intended to create Eve from the start. Then, the reason Adam was created first was because he was to be the head of his wife. As the head, he needed to have greater knowledge and experience of things pertaining to God, and of how to relate with the world around him.
After a considerable time had passed, Eve was then created, put under the headship of a capable and competent person.

This tells us something. When we read that a man is the head of his wife, it means that he should have greater knowledge, maturity, and experience. This is biologically hardwired into women to opt for men who are older than they, because those qualities usually come with age.
You might notice how women start puberty at an earlier age than men, and they start crushing on, not their peers, but older males. They tend to find younger men unattractive for romance and this for good reason—the odds that they are experienced, mature, and knowledgeable are against them. We just need to understand why things are wired to be this way instead of complain about it.

So, storytime over. Let's get talking:

A man should be ready to care for his wife financially before he is ready to marry: Proverbs 24:27 says that one's “outside work,” his “field,“ should be ready and prepared BEFORE he considers building a house, i.e, a household.
True, a wife as her husband's helper will also try to assist her household financially where she can, (Proverbs 31:15-18) but the burden is really on the husband.
This is one reason why a woman is called to honor and respect her husband, because a person who really carries their load of responsibility will naturally get more respect from his neighbors than one who abdicates it.

A man should also honor his wife, showing her consideration and honoring her. This is important in sexual relationships (understanding what is pleasing and arousing to her and what is not), in communication: opening up his heart to her—women enjoy heart-to-heart discussions more than most men know, and it's really because they have greater sensitivity and compassion, qualities that should make them very attuned to their babies; this also has the side effect of making them very attuned to people, and that's why women like to talk about people. Men should understand this too.

A man should take the lead in his family's worship of God. In the Law, only the men were obligated by command to be present at the three annual festivals where God's laws were explained. They were to be the ones to clarify their wives and children on points of misunderstanding about God's law. (Deuteronomy 16:16; see also 1 Corinthians 14:34, 35)

These are the requirements of husbands and so if you are not ready to do these things as a man, you are not ready to marry.

Two final points:

Christians are obligated to marry only fellow believers. Actually, this has always been a commandment of God which was carried into the Law of God through Moses, which is now part of the principles guiding the conduct of the Christian congregation. We find such guiding principles in 1 Corinthians 7:39, in 1 Corinthians 9:5, and in 2 Corinthians 6:14, 15.

Finally, whoever seeks to marry should realize that marriage makes them one flesh and as Jesus said, no man (neither those IN the marriage nor those OUTSIDE of it) should put them apart. Thus, babies will never become more important than one’s spouse, nor parents, nor employers, nor any creation under heaven.
If one is not ready for this commitment, they are not ready for marriage.

As a side note, the requirement that we should be obedient to governments and authorities (Titus 3:1) shows that one should keep to the legally established age of marriage which in Nigeria is 21. If one is younger than the legally accepted age for marriage, they are not ready to marry.
It is important that one understands what he is entering into. A marriage will thrive if the foundation is knowledge, wisdom, and discernment, qualities found in those who are mature and experienced. (Proverbs 24:3, 4; cf. Job 12:12) I think it therefore stands to reason that one should be old enough to be reasonably knowledgeable and experienced for the marriage to make any meaning.

Those who are ready to marry should do as Psalms 127:1 says, and let God be the builder of the household so they the marriage won't be entered into in vain.

(1) (Reply)

Choose A Bible Character To Marry / What Sanctifies Our Offerings? / Hear Ye.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.