Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company (11568 Views)

EFCC Drops All Allegations Of Misconduct Against FINTECH, Leatherback / Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism / Onyema Denies US Fraud Allegations, Says All Money Transferred Went Through CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by Chetas81(m): 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
Zeebuy:

Spoken like a true illiterate
because crime is living in your blood
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by Chetas81(m): 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Imagine say nobody tif any money for this country... just Imagine how Nigeria go be like Australia...
Singapore
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by Swiftgrp: 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2023
Qtsnow:
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FALSE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST LEATHERBACK CEO, IBRAHIM IBITADE

https://techcabal.com/2023/11/17/efcc-declares-ibrahim-toyeeb-ibitade/
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2023
That platform is shitty as hell anyway...little wonder
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by BigIyanga: 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chigozie321:

You have a very low IQ
You dont know the full meaning of IQ without Google…
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by Zeebuy: 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2023
omoredia:

Laziness go ki ur papa. Elon musk dey make and build things. But u want to make money with only format. U are a theif!

I wont swim in the pits with you. If you knew me personally, you'll know I'm in the same field as Elon Musk.
Anyways, enjoy your 2minutes of fame, I wont honor you with any more responses
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by Chigozie321: 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2023
ItisWell22:

Such humans are part of the problems of Nigerian youths!

Nobody should be scrutinized once they have money.

You try question, they say “it’s poverty”.
As in ehn
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by airsaylongcome: 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
Tjra:

Boss, me sef dey wear jeans and turtleneck for office. In Tech too and we are real.

Potential investors dey Nairaland make dem no come dey use simple dressing stereotype us oo

What's the rationale for the turtle neck? In tech too and I will only wear a turtle neck if I'm abroad in ferocious winter. Don't see any need for a turtle neck in our hot humid weather

2 Likes

Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by baumolina(m): 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2023
I'm sure they reported to the appropriate authorities, but those guys don't take some of the reports serious until there's an issue.
erniok:

What you wrote up there is not true.

When you notice high volume transactions, you have an obligation to inform both EFCC and NFIU. Failure to do so makes you an accomplice. You don't have to wait for them to know and start asking questions because at that point, any negligence makes you culpable.
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by omoredia: 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2023
Zeebuy:

I wont swim in the pits with you. If you knew me personally, you'll know I'm in the same field as Elon Musk.
Anyways, enjoy your 2minutes of fame, I wont honor you with any more responses

Same field with Elon? U are a real joker. The next Batman movie must have u in the casts
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by lagosrd: 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2023
Qtsnow:

[/b]

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/everything-you-need-to-know-about-false-allegations-against-leatherback/amp/

Everything just dey look the same
State govt no want see LG succeed

Commercial banks no dey take eyes see, microfinance bank and online wallets.

They want to be the only person doing the business and declaring huge profits In and out.
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by erniok(m): 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2023
baumolina:
I'm sure they reported to the appropriate authorities, but those guys don't take some of the reports serious until there's an issue.
If they had, they would have stated it don't you think so? What they said they did was just internal investigation which is not good enough.
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by LeonMacJames(m): 1:39am On Nov 20, 2023
omoredia:

Laziness go ki ur papa. Elon musk dey make and build things. But u want to make money with only format. U are a theif!
So are you telling me you don't use or pay for any intangible software product or services? So if a tech company doesn't sell physical products and hardware they are "yahoo enterprises" ?
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by blaise26abj(m): 6:25am On Nov 20, 2023
It is so difficult to defend Nigerian Agencies . I was tempted to say since he has been declared wanted , a honourable man will quickly go there to clear his name and leave media sensationalism alone until he understands why he has been declared wanted .

But again the nonsense happening now in government agencies puts this within their modus Operandi
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by omoredia: 8:23am On Nov 20, 2023
LeonMacJames:

So are you telling me you don't use or pay for any intangible software product or services? So if a tech company doesn't sell physical products and hardware they are "yahoo enterprises" ?

Thats the only channel for corruption. U can cut corners when u deal in physical things
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by cyrusmillz: 10:24am On Nov 20, 2023
ecolime:

Any business wey their CEO get dreadlocks or dey wear turtleneck, count me out.

Guy you funny oh grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by omoredia: 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2023
LeonMacJames:

Yes u go and copy code from russia and come here to be doing fraud with it claiming techie
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by LeonMacJames(m): 5:06pm On Nov 20, 2023
omoredia:

Yes u go and copy code from russia and come here to be doing fraud with it claiming techie
They world has left behind this kind of thinking. You have absolutely no idea how software works for you to be talking like this.

Let's use Nairaland as an example. It's a software platform with no physical product. Seun osewa makes his money from Ads. Businesses pay him to show case their products to his users like you. There are two ways you can make money from software either from charging people to use it or charging businesses to advertise to your users. Games are also software, movies are software, music is software. The mediums you use to access these services are hardware that you are responsible for. Hardware and software are two sides of the same coin.

And Financial services technology is also software. Whether from traditional banks or Fintech Applications. Those guys make their money from transaction fees, and exchange rates. And to remind you, Fraud in a financial sense means obtaining money under false pretense. There's no harm in not knowing things and no knowledge is lost.

Lastly can you prove that you have used a financial application that copied it's code from Russia ?
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by omoredia: 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2023
LeonMacJames:
They world has left behind this kind of thinking. You have absolutely no idea how software works for you to be talking like this.

Let's use Nairaland as an example. It's a software platform with no physical product. Seun osewa makes his money from Ads. Businesses pay him to show case their products to his users like you. There are two ways you can make money from software either from charging people to use it or charging businesses to advertise to your users. Games are also software, movies are software, music is software. The mediums you use to access these services are hardware that you are responsible for. Hardware and software are two sides of the same coin.

And Financial services technology is also software. Whether from traditional banks or Fintech Applications. Those guys make their money from transaction fees, and exchange rates. And to remind you, Fraud in a financial sense means obtaining money under false pretense. There's no harm in not knowing things and no knowledge is lost.

Lastly can you prove that you have used a financial application that copied it's code from Russia ?

Software is meant to facilitate tangible products to maximize its value potential. U cant claim to be doing tech and u are to affecting the real economy. Its like crypto. Its all fraudulent
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by LeonMacJames(m): 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2023
Apparently, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Explain to me how a SaaS company with financial services can affect the economy of a country.

If don't understand how the Economy in relation to Banking and Finance works, you should at least try to educate yourself.

Can you tell me what exactly Nairalands tangible product is?

Like I said before, the world has left behind that kind of thinking
omoredia:

Software is meant to facilitate tangible products to maximize its value potential. U cant claim to be doing tech and u are to affecting the real economy. Its like crypto. Its all fraudulent
Re: Leatherback Denies EFCC Allegations Against The Company by omoredia: 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2023
LeonMacJames:
Apparently, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Explain to me how a SaaS company with financial services can affect the economy of a country.

If don't understand how the Economy in relation to Banking and Finance works, you should at least try to educate yourself.

Can you tell me what exactly Nairalands tangible product is?

Like I said before, the world has left behind that kind of thinking

Stealing dey hungry u. Theif

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Go Into Floor Tiles Business / First Bank: Our South-East Branches Are Open / Should Subsidiaries Be Separately Registered As Companies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.