Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,320 members, 7,842,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper (1123 Views)

He Is An Impostor, A Meddlesome Interloper - NLC Disowns Lamidi Apapa / Vote For APC No Matter How Angry You Are - Amaechi Tells Supporters / Killings In Zamfara More Than The Numbers In Plateau And Benue - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by yarimo(m): 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bobloco:

Yarimo, go read section 63 of the electoral act 2022
so you can't read and understand again what it's says
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by yarimo(m): 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bobloco:

Yarimo, go read section 63 of the electoral act 2022
So what did 63 (1) says and what is APC argument before the court?
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by Truths9ja: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bobloco:

Are you not sure of the section of law you quoted

Well here is the section of the electoral act I am conversant with

(1) Subject to subsection (2), a ballot paper which does not bear
official mark prescribed by the Commission shall not be counted.
(2) If the returning officer is satisfied that a ballot paper which does not
bear the official mark was from a book of ballot papers which was furnished
to the presiding officer of the polling unit in which the vote was cast for use at
the election in question, he or she shall, notwithstanding the absence of the
official mark, count that ballot paper
yes you are talking about this section in the amended electoral act 2022. You are very right here. I strongly believe, Governor of Kano State, Abba Yusuff will win his appeal in the Supreme Court of justice especially on the alleged invalid votes APC said Inec added to Pdp votes. Supreme Court of justice will interpret the law to us. Supreme Court of justice will present the law as it is especially ok the pre election matters and the alleged invalid votes

Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by Truths9ja: 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2023
yarimo:
so you can't read and understand again what it's says
I have send the screenshot, you can read it from here and interpret it well
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by Truths9ja: 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:

This matter is different
how is it different, don’t forget that Wole Olanipekun petition supreme Court of justice that Obi was not duely Lp member in his petition. The Supreme Court of justice panel sitting on the PEPTIDE struck out Wole Olanipekun case that it’s pre election matter. Maybe you read the judgement well again. Everything is online now. Supreme Court of justice will interpret the law on the Kano case that present a pre election matters
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by yarimo(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bobloco:

Are you not sure of the section of law you quoted

Well here is the section of the electoral act I am conversant with

(1) Subject to subsection (2), a ballot paper which does not bear
official mark prescribed by the Commission shall not be counted.
(2) If the returning officer is satisfied that a ballot paper which does not
bear the official mark was from a book of ballot papers which was furnished
to the presiding officer of the polling unit in which the vote was cast for use at
the election in question, he or she shall, notwithstanding the absence of the
official mark, count that ballot paper
what is the argument before the court by APC ? isn't about lack of official Mark on some ballot papers ? Is like you don't even know why APC Kano state are in court
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by Bobloco: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2023
yarimo:
what is the argument before the court by by APC? Is like you don't even know why APC Kano state are in court

Do you mind share why the APC is in court
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by yarimo(m): 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2023
Truths9ja:
I have send the screenshot, you can read it from here and interpret it well
no supreme court will interpret it not me I am not a court
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by yarimo(m): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bobloco:

Do you mind share why the APC is in court
I don't have time for that, go and find out.
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by Bobloco: 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
yarimo:
I don't have time for that, go and find out.

So why mention it

Well, it's not necessary

What is being discussed here is the judgement of the courts
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by yarimo(m): 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bobloco:

So why mention it

Well, it's not necessary

What is being discussed here is the judgement of the courts
ok
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by Truths9ja: 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2023
yarimo:
no supreme court will interpret it not me I am not a court
good . Just to make some clarification about the so called issue of alleged invalid votes you are mentioning on Kano case.
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by Truths9ja: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:

This matter is different

Visit this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7753103/obi-not-member-labour-party#124226839

Olanipekun submitted the membership register of Labour Party and Obi's name was missing.

Olanipekun further argued on behalf of Tinubu and Shettima that Obi had no locus to file same because he is an independent Candidate.

The tribunal held that only a Party can determine her members.

A tribunal sits in 5, that means their decision even supercedes this judgement, the Courts must provide clarity and not cherry-pick Judgements like we saw in Plateau.

This was what the tribunal said when Olanipekun submitted the register!
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by garfield1: 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2023
Truths9ja:

Visit this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7753103/obi-not-member-labour-party#124226839

Olanipekun submitted the membership register of Labour Party and Obi's name was missing.

Olanipekun further argued on behalf of Tinubu and Shettima that Obi had no locus to file same because he is an independent Candidate.

The tribunal held that only a Party can determine her members.

A tribunal sits in 5, that means their decision even supercedes this judgement, the Courts must provide clarity and not cherry-pick Judgements like we saw in Plateau.

This was what the tribunal said when Olanipekun submitted the register!

Oga,focus on pdp and leave nnpp
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by AustineE1: 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2023
Truths9ja:
good . Just to make some clarification about the so called issue of alleged invalid votes you are mentioning on Kano case.
I'm surprise at you,how can you be arguing your valid point with that national clown with the moniker Yarimo,for Some us here,we can not waste our precious time with him,he has long lost it,his opinion is only good for comic relief. Posterity will certainly not be kind to them that values political/tribal patriotism over the interest of the ordinary masses of this country.
Some day there evil choices will come hurting...nemesis is a bitch!
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by Truths9ja: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:

just to tell you that Gawuna appeal is a pre election matters and his cross appeal will be struck out in the Supreme Court of justice. Supreme Court of justice has dealt with pre election matters cases in the court of justice. Just to make some clarification to you
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by Truths9ja: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:

it’s very unfortunate that the people aren’t ready to say the truths again. The law and the constitution is there to be enlightened, but the people shy away to stand by the truths and the law. Now when Supreme Court of justice struck out APC cross appeal in the court, there will be series of propaganda against the judges sitting on the appeal the Pdp and Nnpp in the Court
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by mrvitalis(m): 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2023
yarimo:
when it favour you judiciary and INEC are the best, but when it goes the other way judiciary and INEC are killing democracy
Favour me? Lmao

Had my family members with appointment under Jonathan federal appointments when I supported Buhari

I don't do personal benefit boy
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by Bobloco: 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:

Really, why leave out NNPP, because you have seen the obvious criminality being perpetuated there using the court
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by garfield1: 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bobloco:

Really, why leave out NNPP, because you have seen the obvious criminality being perpetuated there using the court

Where exactly is the criminality
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by Bobloco: 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:

Where exactly is the criminality

The criminality is using a pre election matter to sack the governor and Ganduje himself boasting even before the judgement that APC will snatch Kano state
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by Truths9ja: 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bobloco:

it’s very unfortunate, he knows the truths but he’s shying away with it. He forgot that there’s repercussions for it either in the good way or bad way.
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by yarimo(m): 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2023
Truths9ja:
You are arguing with yourself since grin grin grin grin grin you don't even know why you are arguing , you always quote without reading grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by garfield1: 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bobloco:

The criminality is using a pre election matter to sack the governor and Ganduje himself boasting even before the judgement that APC will snatch Kano state

Oga,what about the invalid ballot papers
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by garfield1: 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

Those set of judges were never appointed by APC and we don't has those set of judges again

These present judges were appointed by pdp
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by mrvitalis(m): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:

These present judges were appointed by pdp
So?
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by garfield1: 10:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

So?

So it is the same thing
Re: Plateau And Kano Court Verdicts; Is The APC No Longer A Meddlesome Interloper by AndroBlaze: 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bobloco:
The recent judgements at the Appeal court are very disturbing.
Pre election matters are being used to sack the governors of Plateau and Kano state.

When it's against the APC, other parties are meddlesome interlopers, doing busy body

But when the APC is meddling into other parties internal affairs, it becomes justified

Is this not a calculated attempt to snatch this two states from the opposition and hand them over to the APC using the judiciary since it could not be achieved through the ballot
There is a strong argument to say these are not internal affairs and thus qualify as post election arguments.....however let me ask you a question...

When Buhari brought up Atiku not being a Nigerian citizen in their case at the Supreme court, was that a pre election matter or post election matter??

When Atiku brought up Buhari not having a SSCE certificate at the supreme court, was that also a pre-election matter or post election matter??

Also I believe LP tried to use the citizenship thing against the current deputy governor of lagos, again the same question?

I hope you can answer this with the opinions of the court as this should help clarify whether this matter can be deemed post election as one of the esteemed appeal judges maintained.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Patience Is Needed As The Naira Find It's Level - PwC Nigeria On Arise TV / Open Letter To Mr.president By Seyilaw - People React / Why Don't Billionaires Set Up 'Soup Kitchens' Offering Free Food Like In UK?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.