Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists (4522 Views)

Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop / Latest Nigerian Hip Hop / 'Nigerian' Hip Hop Doesnt Make Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 2:21pm On Mar 06, 2006
what do u think of them?
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by Rhodalyn(f): 2:25pm On Mar 06, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by Grizzly(m): 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2006
Well they abound, n i guess "BROKE" caused it
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by rikkyjen(m): 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2006
Whay are people struck by inferiority complexIs there any evidence that 50cent went to school,Ja-rule etc.Arent they all high school dropouts.Abi you think because they speak english??They can speak english because they grew upĀ  hearing english,they are the same illetriate as the hausa dude in the north who grew learning and hearing hausa only. angry angry angry angry

I speak with some illetriate akatas,and they make mess of english language cos of their blunders and dats becos they didnt go to school to learn grammar tenses et al.So people it does not have to be white to be right

2 Likes

Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 2:05pm On Mar 07, 2006
''it does not have to be white to be right''anyway 50 cent and most of those artists ain't white,80% of them are blacks.
but i brought out this topic due to what i watched on tv on saturday,when 2face Idibia,was called on ben tv in london.
maan it was so embarrasing,trust me,even the presenter(Dj Abass) was trying to cover dat up.
2 face wasn't talking,all he could do is to use his hands as a gesture of what he wanted to say,whenever he uses his hand,the presenter.i ain't happy bout dat.
we all know dat he's famous,his only problem is grammer.

let me give u a joke about him.

simple and corrected english,he cannot spoke,i can spoker then him.just because i was born in the united state of usa. lol
not funny cheesy grin lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by Nairaface: 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2006
wrong section
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2006
hey u chat shit,wat da Bleep do u mean by ''spelling'' for ur info,those are called typing errors,i should go further than this,but i won't cuz u ain't a guy.meanwile,shut it. dickhead
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by angelz(f): 7:00pm On Dec 18, 2006
Nt bein able to speak simple english shudnt b an excus 4 a Nigerian dat has @ least an OND. If teachers in secondary sch r nt equip enuf 2 teach eng efectively, lecturers shud nt fall in d same category. It only shows dat while u were in sch, u werent serious 2 learn. As 4 TUFAC he's only gud in his profesn n @ donatin sperm, he refus 2 improv in his spoken eng 4 d close 2 7yrs he's bin a star. Shame on him. He's one of d most celebratd AFRICAN artiste yet he can 'celebrat' himself in public. Heck. I kno of sm yoruba musician who had 2 learn english in order 2 b able to present demselves home n away. Its also a minus 4 KENNIS MUSIC who faild 2 organis a private teacher 4 2face.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2006
nice comment, here is someone saying d fact,i feel ur point,u get me? dats the fact.
I reckon that he'd travelled to many countries,unfortunately he cannot express himself,all he says is ''yes o'' ''my people'',i listen to his music,it's cool.but he needs the english, who knows? he could have gone further than he is now.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by choongtin(f): 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2006
rikkyjen:

Whay are people struck by inferiority complexIs there any evidence that 50cent went to school,Ja-rule etc.Arent they all high school dropouts.Abi you think because they speak english??They can speak english because they grew up hearing english,they are the same illetriate as the hausa dude in the north who grew learning and hearing hausa only. angry angry angry angry

I speak with some illetriate akatas,and they make mess of english language because of their blunders and that is because they didnt go to school to learn grammar tenses et al.So people it does not have to be white to be right

50 cent nd ja rule r not white and besides in africa if u are a school drop out there isnt any hope for you than if you live in america because they develop talents than in africa all of these people have talents thats why they r really making it and please people you cant compare a drop out school kid that lives in amreica to a nigerian school drop out kid because the society is diffrent
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2006
Basically, i don't think this has anything to do with talent, talent hasn't got anything to do with the society, moreover talents are natural, but u made some good points.
meanwhile, its not about 2face alone,its about most of em artists.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by choongtin(f): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2006
i fink the society develops talent if 50 cent was a nigerian and lived in nigeria and was a school drop out do u think he would be where he is now tu face and all those school drop outs r not known world wide like 50 cent and the rest it all has to do with the popularity of the society and how it develops its talent init
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 6:25pm On Dec 19, 2006
i fink its all about economical problem.
Cuz even 5 cent had a rough life,he stuggled to become wat he is today, i can still rememeber when he made his first album,he ain't popular den.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by MOM1(m): 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2006
English aint our first language,have watched lot of interviews.Majority of yankee artist speak ''Street English'' and not good English accepted in the society.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 1:16pm On Dec 22, 2006
good,it's ot our first language.but it's official, even in Nigeria,so it gotta be used
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by clow(m): 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2006
y'all shud just stop "HATIN" who says 2face cant speak gud english,dat wuz hw som1 compard him nd pasuma askin who speaks better.hey but"COME ON"
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by clow(m): 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2006
y'all shud just stop "HATIN" who says 2face cant speak gud english,dat wuz hw som1 compard him nd pasuma askin who speaks better.hey but"COME ON"
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 7:15pm On Dec 22, 2006
lol,who compared him 2 pasuma? dats must be funny,innit?
anyway no one is hating, its d fact,i listen to his song,i like his song,but its just d fact dat some of those artist can't speak good english, its not justabout 2face,remember the topic doesn't says 2face.
hey all,come join the new forum at http://tkforum.uni.cc
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:24am On Dec 27, 2006
@topic
me i am thired of most of them,they just see usic as a business venture to gain quck money and popularity angry
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by PoDeep(m): 9:05am On Dec 27, 2006
Illiterate US artistes have a better stand than their Nigerian counterparts cos for one,over there they have far more recognised music genres & cultures eg. 3 1/4 of world knows Hiphop(lets not forget where hiphop started:the US).the entire globe knows Rock music,at least 1/2 know country music,everyone knows Orchestra & Soul etc.Now tell me who the hell knows 'Afrohiphop'?!(The only big time recognition comes from singing 'juju' or 'fuji' music.Not even literate Naija rappers get much international recognition)That's why peeps like 50 cent,The rolling stones etc are far more recognised than any Naija artiste.Thats why even Akon had to be in the US to shine big time.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 11:43am On Dec 27, 2006
U don't expect Afro-Hip Hop to be known popularly,cuz it's not actually effective,it's just nothing. an artist just named it afro hiphop and everyone took it that way,so u don't expect it to be known. Hip-hop is Hip-hop, i could create mine and call it ''Tommie Hip HOp'',so it's just one of those slangs. at least there are Nigerian artists in Uk and Us who are basically running things and work things out.
Like the song by Big Brovas (jjc Crew), we do see them on Channel U, dats just the way it is.Like DA DOn used 2 say.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by debojyde(m): 11:52pm On Dec 27, 2006
I think you should give credit to the nigerian hip hop artists for doing their thing the way they know best.i ave a feeling you call them illiterate because some of them do their tracks in their local languages or because they dont sound exactly like their western counterparts-if thats true then all i can tell you is to stop hating.This people dont even know you.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 11:43am On Dec 28, 2006
Man,there's nothing bad in doing their tracks in their language, Shakira did dat aswell,and no one is hating, wat am i hating for? are we under d same roof,or do i look like someone in the music industry,so wats d hating about.u know wat pals,take the topic off 2face, we all know dat he's an example,but keep the Topic rolling.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by JustGood(m): 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2007
how many oyinbo artiste no be illiterate
abi you think say to speak oyinbo mean say dem no be illiterate?
dem sef no fit speak Ibo, or Yoruba or Hausa sef
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by JustGood(m): 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2007
2pac na illiterate
pdiddy na illiterate
wetin u dey yan sef?
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2007
I fink some of u are getting this wrong, it's not about going to school, it's about expressing themselves in concerts or auditions.
U don't have to be a literate before you can speak.
anyway i fink this topic should be closed down now
is dat possible ? don't fink so.
Go ahead lads
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by oyinboaja: 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2007
na wa oh
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2007
Y'all need to know more about life.
Zup y'all
Check out Tkforum and be part of the fun.
http://tkforum.uni.cc

see y'all dere.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by oyinboaja: 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2007
na wa oh
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by ladebi(m): 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2007
tommiekidd:

I think some of u are getting this wrong, it's not about going to school, it's about expressing themselves in concerts or auditions.
U don't have to be a literate before you can speak.
anyway i think this topic should be closed down now
is that possible ? don't think so.
Go ahead lads
Then if its about expressing ones self, I dont think tuface or any nigeria arist is an illiterate because given the opportunity to use pidgin or our languages that we can speak and understand they can express themselves very well.
Almost all of nigeria artist grew up were they only speak pidgin so the artist who can express himself is just shy
thats it is modenine illiterate or not.
Yall should ask urselfs who is an illiterate.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by ladebi(m): 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2007
JustGood:

2pac na illiterate
pdiddy na illiterate
wetin u dey yan sef?
Please forgive me for my errors on my first post.
Tupac an illiterate then every undergraduate in the world is an illiterate.99 percent of nairaland members are all illiterates including me. Please i would like to ask again Who is an illiterate.
Who Is An Illiterate?
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by tommiekidd(m): 9:25pm On Feb 02, 2007
Last night i was brwosing through my dictionary, finding the meaning of the word ''illiterate''
This are my results:

1.Having little or no formal education.
2.Marked by inferiority to an expected standard of familiarity with language and literature.
3.uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge of a specific field

I fink u're wrong Ladebi, anyway dats the case, Literacy is Literacy and Illiteracy is Illiteracy.
U can't be in between,it ain't possible blad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Modenine Re-disses Ruggedman And Saucekid. Ruggedbaba Is In Trouble Again / Minjin Ft Iyanya - Coupe Decale Remix [official Video Download] / Poco Lee Vs Lil Smart (davido "Mafa Mafa" Dance Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.