Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away At Age 96 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away At Age 96 (480 Views)

Former US President, Jimmy Carter Enters Hospice Care / Queen Elizabeth II Dies, Aged 96 / Meet Clar Weah, Liberia’s First Lady Who Hails Originally From Jamaica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away At Age 96 by Melezenawii: 10:02pm On Nov 19, 2023
Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter, a passionate champion of mental health, caregiving, and women’s rights, passed away Sunday, Nov. 19, at 2:10 p.m. at her home in Plains, Georgia, at the age of 96. She died peacefully, with family by her side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tituNJLI35I?si=97G0YmQYhBBUyjT_

Mrs. Carter was married for 77 years to Jimmy Carter, the 39th president of the United States and the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize recipient, who is now 99 years old.

“Rosalynn was my equal partner in everything I ever accomplished,” President Carter said. “She gave me wise guidance and encouragement when I needed it. As long as Rosalynn was in the world, I always knew somebody loved and supported me.”

She is survived by her children — Jack, Chip, Jeff, and Amy — and 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren. A grandson died in 2015.

“Besides being a loving mother and extraordinary First Lady, my mother was a great humanitarian in her own right,” said Chip Carter. “Her life of service and compassion was an example for all Americans. She will be sorely missed not only by our family but by the many people who have better mental health care and access to resources for caregiving today.”

The schedule of memorial events and funeral ceremonies will be distributed as soon as possible to media and posted on www.rosalynncartertribute.org. This tribute website includes the family’s official online condolence book and opportunities for memorial gifts, as well as an official biography and downloadable photos.

###

https://www.cartercenter.org/news/pr/2023/statement-rosalynn-carter-111923.html
Re: Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away At Age 96 by Unity28: 10:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
Eyah... R.I.P
Re: Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away At Age 96 by Melezenawii: 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2023
Washington Post: “The Carters had been married for more than 77 years, the longest presidential marriage in U.S. history, and spent the final months of their time together at the family home in the town of Plains, in southwest Georgia"

2 Likes

Re: Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away At Age 96 by judatech: 10:17pm On Nov 19, 2023
Rosalynn was my equal partner in everything I ever accomplished,” President Carter said. “She gave me wise guidance and encouragement when I needed it. As long as Rosalynn was in the world, I always knew somebody loved and supported me.”
This is deep😪

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away At Age 96 by KillIgbohoN0W: 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2023
So this innocent looking woman sef dey Bleep?
Hmm

Re: Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away At Age 96 by illicit(m): 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
RIP
Re: Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away At Age 96 by God1000(m): 11:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
May her soul rest in peace
Re: Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away At Age 96 by finallybusy: 5:11am On Nov 20, 2023
Carter is 99. He'll follow soon.
Re: Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away At Age 96 by OPICANTO2223: 6:28am On Nov 20, 2023
May your soul rest in peace.w
Re: Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away At Age 96 by Nahunger(m): 6:53am On Nov 20, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:
So this innocent looking woman sef dey Bleep?
Hmm

Lol
Shey imam and pastor too no dey doo ni

(1) (Reply)

Woman Rescued 17 Days After Bangladesh Building Collapse / Cyber-attacks On U.S. Energy Firms Tracked Back To Iranian Hackers / North Korea Offers 'high-level Talks' With US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.