Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. (7436 Views)

Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL / A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. / Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by MrCork17: 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2011
kimberluge:

I dnt have to be forced 2 go 2 d gym cos i gat all my machines at home,it's actually easier dat way! But i fink d reason most ladies r fat is cos dey r saddled with lots of responsibilities! And d guys r too lazy n selfish 2 even lend a hand!! Dats y i love d whites!!! What time den can dey use 2 visit d gym?! cool cool cool

what machine? Sewing machine? undecided
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by Dabss(m): 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2011
Mr, Cork:

what machine? Sewing machine? undecided
hehehe mumu!!!
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by razznaija(f): 5:25pm On Oct 28, 2011
I think Naija girls don't go to the gym is because a lot of them don't have the time or they don't have the money to pay for membership because those gym prices are ridiculously high.
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by Cuddlemii: 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2011
I think everyone should keep fit, period! You look more sexy, attractive, healthy & good looking that way.  

Secondly, there are some clothes you get to wear when you are fit. Its not compulsory to be fit but necessary, don't let anyone deceive you. You don't have to hit the gym, there are several ways of working out even in your homes, offices, schools etc.

I love fit men, the sweetest to cuddle, they wrap you up like a baby while you get lost exploring their chest & forming baby stunts, Oh God!!!
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by Ybutterfly: 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2011
^^^^^^^^if 9ja men are being f0rced^^^^^^^^^^^^ then 9ja men should be f0rced t0 d0 the same^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by AmakaG29(f): 8:54am On Oct 29, 2011
No one should be forced to go anywhere, but encouraging a healthier lifestyle for all Nigerians never hurt anyone. It starts at an early age to develop healthy life practices. Societal norms frown upon women who sweat too much, mess up their hair, look too strong, don't have curves, and don't act "lady-like." The fears of being less womanly may keep some women away from the gym.

If women were forced to go to the gym, would we force men to cook or watch the children while we were there? Would husbands and boyfriends be forced to pay for it? Would those same husbands and boyfriends be jealous of the guys flirting with their women at the gym?

If you are with someone and you want her to be happier, healthier, and have more energy, then try to encourage a couples trip to the gym. I go on my own because working out feels good, but it can be hard without motivation from a friend. smiley
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by horny4u(f): 8:59am On Oct 29, 2011
Yesterday I visited the mechanic to check the car out and because it was closing time he had to take off his work shirt and put on something cleaner , oh la la la !!! See arm muscles, six pack stomach, I had to blink several times and pray against temptation.

I actually sat at a resturant yesterday and all the professional guys seemed to have massive pot bellys, ( I think a mini pot belly can be sexy but a 6 pack is sexy) Anyway how come some professional men do not have this, imagine all that muscle in a suit with lots of stimulating conversation, POLISHED!

about forcing how do you force someone : do you beat her ?
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by vivika(f): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2011
Pls let the men on this thread be quiet, in your parochial minds now, you all don't need to hit the gym!!!! You people are here saying you see fine women with bad bodies, i don't even see fine men not to talk about the ones with nice bodies, pls african men "remove the log from your eyes before you remove the speck from ours" FYI, i have a smoking hot body, never hit the gym once!
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 29, 2011
horny4u:

Yesterday I visited the mechanic to check the car out and because it was closing time he had to take off his work shirt and put on something cleaner , oh la la la !!! See arm muscles, six pack stomach, I had to blink several times and pray against temptation.
Naughty. Naughty. tongue

horny4u:

I think a mini pot belly can be sexy. . . .
I can't seem to reconcile the two.
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by sheyguy: 10:53am On Oct 29, 2011
see what too much DSTV and Hip Hop vids has done, gym ko gym nee. after starvation, enhancements creams and numerous enhancement surgeries u want Nigerian girls to compete with their foreign counterparts by going to gym alone abi u don wan.
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by otiigba1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2011
grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by kabukabu50(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2011
vivika:

Pls let the men on this thread be quiet, in your parochial minds now, you all don't need to hit the gym!!!! You people are here saying you see fine women with bad bodies, i don't even see fine men not to talk about the ones with nice bodies, pls african men "remove the log from your eyes before you remove the speck from ours" FYI, i have a smoking hot body, never hit the gym once!

Well said,Its hypocritical of any guy to demand that women should meet physical standards,that he does not cool

Weight is a very sensitive issue for women more then men,cause it is harder for women than men to shed extra weight.Genetics also comes into play some people are disposed having fitter bodies than others without going to the gym.

It is possible to be fit without being a bag of bones,lets not fall head over heels for "Hollywood standards". cool
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by oc2fish: 5:37pm On Oct 29, 2011
I like them fleshy. My mother will never approve any hiv infested looking
girl. Have you forgotten the FATTENING room in the old Calabar culture
there is nothing like doing FLESH
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by cold(m): 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2011
Funny thing is a lot of ladies find discussions bordering on weight offensive.The moment you raise the issue of keeping their weight in check their countenance changes & the mood is suddenly tense like you just told them to commit suicide.Ladies,It is only for your own good the guys keep emphasising on staying fit.In the long run you'd feel much better & happier with yourself.Anyways just saying
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by seedord247(m): 12:54am On Oct 30, 2011
Some people Go just dey rant bangladesh Nonsense.

You leave in Ikotun, your company resume at 8am, you leave home by 5am to beat the early morning old up, your work close by 4-5pm,

with the evening huzzle of beating that same traffic you eventually get home by 8pm.

Now make una Tell me with this Kind shecdule which time you go take get time for Gym.
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by cold(m): 12:58am On Oct 30, 2011
^^Lame excuse.You can work out at home if you so choose.It's all in the mind
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by HISchild: 1:13am On Oct 30, 2011
Exercise is not a bad thing, but too much emphasis on it is; "For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." - 1Ti 4:8. Keeping in mind also that, "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised." - Proverbs 31:30 . This is truth.
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by Outstrip(f): 1:36am On Oct 30, 2011
Nigerian men need to hit the gym just as much. As a matter of fact there is no excuse for an out of shape Nigerian man since typically they contribute nothing to the day to day running of the household. I am pretty sure that if the average Nigerian wife decides that she wants to take 2 hours a day, 3 days a week to go work out all her in laws will call her lazy including the husband that is complaining
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2011
cold:

Funny thing is a lot of ladies find discussions bordering on weight offensive.The moment you raise the issue of keeping their weight in check their countenance changes & the mood is suddenly tense like you just told them to commit suicide.Ladies,It is only for your own good the guys keep emphasizing on staying fit.In the long run you'd feel much better & happier with yourself.Anyways just saying

They find it offensive only when it's a case of the kettle calling the pot 'black'. You'll find overweight pot-bellied men talking crap concerning overweight women - that's the offensive bit.

A man would equally be offended if an overweight woman kept lamenting about how 'unfit' Nigerian men are, wouldn't he?

Fitness should be recommended for EVERYONE, not just women. Just saying.
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by cynthiafred67(f): 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2011
seedord247:

Some people Go just dey rant bangladesh Nonsense.

You leave in Ikotun, your company resume at 8am, you leave home by 5am to beat the early morning old up, your work close by 4-5pm,

with the evening huzzle of beating that same traffic you eventually get home by 8pm.

Now make una Tell me with this Kind shecdule which time you go take get time for Gym.

^^^ help me ask them ooo

I told my bf that I wanted 2 start going 2 the gym he asked me wot I will be working on? B4 I could say a word he said pls u are ok the way u are.
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by Outstrip(f): 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2011
The traffic thing is no excuse. My cousin has a very hectic schedule in Lagos. She has the same wake up in the morning and arrive home at night. She is at the gym 4 times a week at 5am. She is in her thirties but not married. I suspect that is the only reson why she finds the time for herself. She looks fabulous and she sees her fitness as a lifestyle. it can be done even in lagos. You just have to have an understanding spouse if you are married
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by donsteady(m): 2:44am On Oct 31, 2011
hahaha this is funy, you dont have to hit the gym every day to look great, this is what i do, i spent 15minute of every morning doing press up and situp check my profile pic out and see the result, i dont look my age, i will be 30yrs in jan 2011 but i look pretty younger stronger thn my age. so i beg no dull ur self lol
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by Outstrip(f): 3:17am On Oct 31, 2011
You are a man. This topic is about women. Men burn fat and tone faster than women. Apples and Oranges
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by donsteady(m): 10:14am On Oct 31, 2011
ah, but the last time i checked, what men can do women can do better hahaha
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by Outstrip(f): 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2011
Of course. If a man can get fat a woman can get fatter better
Re: Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. by BoOOosHBoy: 6:27am On Nov 12, 2011
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Society So Obsessed With Looks? / Hot Beautiful Dresses Just Arrived. / How To Make Natural Hair Soft - 8 Step Regimen For Soft Natural Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.