Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

I Got A Job In UK, Now This! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Got A Job In UK, Now This! (4575 Views)

My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back / Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by Ruke1989: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2023
sherylbaky:
Hold on to What you have, the future is bright overthere.
Sorry I now understand it better. You have done OSCE at your own expense.
The job advert didn't include a relocation allowance
What about accomodation? Will they provide a temporal one?
This is serious. Dont miss the offer. Try to look at your present saving, family too. No body for family get land? You definitely will be able to pay back. Then colleagues at work that have good relationship with you, then your church leaders. The wicked ones will try to be discouraging you or negative and discouraging but ignore them focus on the bright side.
I have seen nurses who cried to their bosses, their friends and family and the support came. A closed mouth is a closed destiny.
Things have really changed in UK now that Nigerians, Chinese, India, Pakistan have filled the place. Nigerians pay N8million to get certificate of Sponsorship now which was formally free. Third world citizens there have corrupted and rubbished the system

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by Sweetvie: 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2023
Things have changed fr. It's no longer easy to get an NHS offer. If your family can support you financially, i think you should go for it. It will all be worth it.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by GreatChizzy: 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

Nice one from you. I hope the OP gets the help/opportunity she needs.

Are you still a BATist?

I'm a lover of Nigeria, not a follower of any politician.

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by erniok(m): 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
GreatChizzy:

Great response

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by WhisperedNoise: 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2023
GreatChizzy:

Very well said.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by Emetex22(m): 7:26pm On Nov 20, 2023
My little coin, negotiate with them to sponsor your travels and other expenses, the can get reimbursed through salary deductions until payment is complete, I am a Registered Nurse in the US and I have friends go through this route. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2023
Cuteandkind:

Salary is £28,407 to £35,000.

I plan to travel alone now, my spouse (only dependant) can join me next year.

Take the offer

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by Collins4u1(m): 11:50pm On Nov 20, 2023
better no think of the care worker visa route oo
Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by Fyorgyn: 1:27am On Nov 21, 2023
I can totally relate.

My sister, a nurse, had to sponsor herself to the UK to write the OSCE and thankfully, she passed. She got her NMC pin, went back to Nigeria and started applying for jobs. After about 600 applications, she finally got about 10 invites. Most of them, however, cancelled when she mentioned she couldn’t attend interviews on-site.

She finally got one offer. She made it clear during the interview that she required sponsorship for work visa. They said no problem!

Two weeks after the offer was made, they sent her a regret mail (excerpt below) that they couldn’t go ahead because she’s from a red list country!

Unfortunately we cannot process your application any further on this occasion.
We currently recruit overseas Nursing staff through an NHS Trust Supplier and we adhere to the NHSE Code of Practice in relation to applicants from Red List countries. This means we cannot accept any direct applications from candidates who are not already based in the UK.

She got two more offers, and, again time to send COS, they sent a similar mail.

She finally got a fourth offer from a trust that will pay for everything! We couldn’t even rejoice until she got the visa because she had been burnt three times!

I forgot to add, before she did the OSCE, she had a physical interview with a care home that offered (verbally) to sponsor her and reimburse expenses etc once she gets her PIN. When she got it, she reached out to them but they eventually told her they couldn’t bring her from Nigeria. They thought she had some kind of visa to stay in the UK (she clearly told them she didn’t o)

This is what I think

1. Focus on passing your OSCE (have you written it already?)

2. Follow through to the end and see if they will actually sponsor you once they realize you will be applying for visa from outside the UK. My sister got 4 offers rescinded when they realized she needed to move from a red list country

3. I know it costs a lot of money to get to the stage you are already. I live abroad and was able to pay for most things for my sister- I don’t know how she’d have done it otherwise, with the exchange rate and all. If you have someone close to you living abroad, consider asking for help and setting up a realistic payment plan.

You possibly need money for
- visa application
(If you live outside Lagos or Abuja, factor in the cost of travelling for biometrics etc)
-Flight to the UK
-one month accommodation
-maintenance until your first pay cheque

Calculate this, know your numbers and then see how to go about it

Meanwhile keep applying especially to those that take overseas nurses.

All the best

Cuteandkind:

Okay, a lot have really changed now. Getting offers are tougher and the immigration process is stricter.

I made over 200 applications on Trac, and no singular interview invite.

I used my life savings to come to UK on a visit visa to write my OSCE. Just few applications here, I have gotten 2 offers.

So I am considering holding on to them, jealously cry

5 Likes

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by Fyorgyn: 1:47am On Nov 21, 2023
Hiya

I don’t think the OP is clout chasing at all.

The whole process is super expensive especially if one is earning in naira with the unstable exchange rate! I can see how this can drain one’s resources.

GreatChizzy:
If you have an offer as a Registered Nurse, your Visa category automatically is the Health Care Visa which exempts you from paying immigration Health surcharge (IHS). Also your visa fee would be cheaper than the Skilled Worker Visa.

Secondly, most NHS Trusts do not offer relocation packages. If you could afford to self sponsor yourself for the OSCE, I do not understand how you have a problem with this offer. It only suggests to me, that you opened this thread for clout chasing.
Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by moathews(m): 5:21am On Nov 21, 2023
1. Is the offer worth it, and should I accept it considering how difficult it is to get NHS offers now?

Whether or not the offer is worth it depends on your circumstances and priorities. On the one hand, it is challenging to get NHS offers, so you may be lucky to have two. On the other hand, the financial burden of relocating to the UK without any relocation assistance from your employer is significant. You will need to weigh the pros and cons carefully before deciding.

2. If I go through Health and Care Worker Visa Route, the visa processing fees will be cheaper than Skilled Worker, but is it advisable?

The Health and Care Worker visa route is a new route that was introduced in August 2022. It is designed to make it easier for healthcare workers to visit the UK. The visa processing fees are cheaper for the Health and Care Worker visa than for the Skilled Worker visa. However, there are some restrictions on the Health and Care Worker visa. For example, you can only work for a limited number of NHS employers.

If you are a registered nurse, you may be eligible for the Health and Care Worker visa. However, you should carefully consider the visa restrictions before making a decision.

3. Is it advisable to take a loan and invest in the relocation plans since I have an offer already?

Taking out a loan to finance your relocation is a personal decision that should not be taken lightly. There are many factors to consider, such as your creditworthiness, the interest rate on the loan, and the length of the repayment term.

Before taking out a loan, shop for the best interest rate and repayment terms. You should also make sure that you can afford the monthly payments.

Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to take out a loan is up to you. However, you should carefully consider the risks and rewards before making a decision.

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by anslemarinze52(m): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2023
Make your decision yourself ma, I feel you should be more accountable to yourself, weigh the options, choose the one the better.
Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by Cuteandkind: 11:59pm On Nov 21, 2023
GreatChizzy:

I do apologise for wrongly accusing you. What Cities did you get offers from? It could be in the city of my residence or close by. My wife and I would be happy to provide you accommodation should you consider the offers. Send me an email so we can discuss further details.

Done Sir.

The offer is from Brighton.

Thank you for helping out.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by Cuteandkind: 12:02am On Nov 22, 2023
Thank you everyone who has contributed to the discussion.

After much consultations with, I have decided to accept the offer.

All will be well last last.

Thank you everyone kiss

3 Likes

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by Cuteandkind: 12:08am On Nov 22, 2023
Fyorgyn:
I can totally relate.

My sister, a nurse, had to sponsor herself to the UK to write the OSCE and thankfully, she passed. She got her NMC pin, went back to Nigeria and started applying for jobs. After about 600 applications, she finally got about 10 invites. Most of them, however, cancelled when she mentioned she couldn’t attend interviews on-site.

She finally got one offer. She made it clear during the interview that she required sponsorship for work visa. They said no problem!

Two weeks after the offer was made, they sent her a regret mail (excerpt below) that they couldn’t go ahead because she’s from a red list country!

Unfortunately we cannot process your application any further on this occasion.
We currently recruit overseas Nursing staff through an NHS Trust Supplier and we adhere to the NHSE Code of Practice in relation to applicants from Red List countries. This means we cannot accept any direct applications from candidates who are not already based in the UK.

She got two more offers, and, again time to send COS, they sent a similar mail.

She finally got a fourth offer from a trust that will pay for everything! We couldn’t even rejoice until she got the visa because she had been burnt three times!

I forgot to add, before she did the OSCE, she had a physical interview with a care home that offered (verbally) to sponsor her and reimburse expenses etc once she gets her PIN. When she got it, she reached out to them but they eventually told her they couldn’t bring her from Nigeria. They thought she had some kind of visa to stay in the UK (she clearly told them she didn’t o)

This is what I think

1. Focus on passing your OSCE (have you written it already?)

2. Follow through to the end and see if they will actually sponsor you once they realize you will be applying for visa from outside the UK. My sister got 4 offers rescinded when they realized she needed to move from a red list country

3. I know it costs a lot of money to get to the stage you are already. I live abroad and was able to pay for most things for my sister- I don’t know how she’d have done it otherwise, with the exchange rate and all. If you have someone close to you living abroad, consider asking for help and setting up a realistic payment plan.

You possibly need money for
- visa application
(If you live outside Lagos or Abuja, factor in the cost of travelling for biometrics etc)
-Flight to the UK
-one month accommodation
-maintenance until your first pay cheque

Calculate this, know your numbers and then see how to go about it

Meanwhile keep applying especially to those that take overseas nurses.

All the best

This is quite insightful. Thank you for the detailed response. I am yet to write OSCE. The Trust is aware of this. They also know I will be relocating from Nigeria. I disclosed my visit visa status to them which they already confirmed from the Home Office.

I will go with their offer and struggle it out.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by GreatChizzy: 10:37am On Nov 22, 2023
Cuteandkind:

Done Sir.

The offer is from Brighton.

Thank you for helping out.

I spent nearly two years in Brighton but currently residing in Telford, Shropshire which is nearly 4 hours away from Brighton. You mentioned having two offers, are both in Brighton?
Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by Cuteandkind: 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2023
GreatChizzy:

I spent nearly two years in Brighton but currently residing in Telford, Shropshire which is nearly 4 hours away from Brighton. You mentioned having two offers, are both in Brighton?

The other is in Stevenage.

But I have accepted the one of Brighton.
Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by bry8ted(m): 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2023
Cuteandkind:

Married Sir smiley
Gbayii Ma.
Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by dirolad(m): 5:27pm On Mar 11
Cuteandkind:
Greetings My Good People of Nairaland.

Please I need suggestions on an offer I have.

I am a Registered Nurse, hoping to relocate to UK. I have passed through all the steps and currently preparing to write my OSCE in the UK. I had to sponsor myself to UK for my OSCE exams.

So recently I got job offers from 2 NHS Trusts in UK after passing their job interviews. They are willing to give me COS for my Skilled Worker Visa Processing, but none is willing to make any financial commitment for my relocation.

THEY MADE IT CLEAR THEY DO NOT OFFER ANY RELOCATION PACKAGE.

This means I have to;

Pay the Skilled Worker Visa Fees myself
Pay NHS Surcharge myself
Pay for flight
Pay for my TB tests myself
And even cater for my accomodation on arrival.

The cost runs into millions of naira, which I do not have.

My questions;

1. Does anyone thing the offer is worth it, and should I accept it considering how difficult it is getting NHS offers now?

2. If I decide to go through Health and Care Worker Visa Route, the visa processing fees will be cheaper than Skilled Worker, but is it advisable?

3. Is it advisable to take a loan and invest in the relocation plans, since I have an offer already?

Every suggested will be appreciated.

ednut1
justwise
DisGuy
Lalasticlala

please can you quote me your mail, I want discuss something with you.
Re: I Got A Job In UK, Now This! by ToyosiR(f): 12:37pm On Apr 15
Hello All,

My sister intends to sponsor herself for the OSCE exam in the UK , what are the documents to attach to her visa application.

Any other information to know on her visa application?

Kindly help with tips and input.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Getting An Appointment Date At The Indian Embassy(nigeria) / The Most Bizarre, Thrilling, And Unusual Driving Roads On Earth(Photos) / I Will Like To Know About Hustleing Life In Dominica From Nigeria Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.