Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN (3943 Views)

Drama As Emefiele Dodges Camera In Court (pics) / Anxiety As Emefiele Misses Buhari’s Deadline To Return To Office / Nigerians React As Emefiele Drags INEC, APC, AGF To Court Over 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by lexylaw40kuti: 10:40am On Nov 20, 2023
Presidency reacts as Emefiele exposes beneficiaries of massive corruption in CBN

Photo of Goodness Adaoyiche Goodness AdaoyicheNovember 20, 2023 1 minute read

The presidency has cautioned bank executives indicted by the special investigative team set up to investigate the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) activities under its former governor, Godwin Emefiele.

Politics Nigeria learnt that some bank executives and business moguls have been making “frantic moves to reach out to top aides of the president in the Villa to find a soft landing for them.”

Some industry players, it was gathered, met with Tinubu to give them a soft landing in the special investigation headed by Jim Obaze.

This is even as the panel gets ready to submit its interim report to President Bola Tinubu in the coming days.

Presidential sources say Emefiele had mentioned some of the bank chiefs as either beneficiaries of the sleaze funds or accessories who facilitated the disbursement of the monies under investigation.

One of the sources noted that some of the banks’ chiefs, who benefitted from the Anchor Borrowers programme and business moguls involved in dollar round-tripping, had earlier trailed the President to Paris, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Saudi Arabia when he visited.

The source said the bank chefs and top businessmen went to see the President in a last minute move to stop the Obaze-led team from including them among those to be arraigned for prosecution.

“The President washed his hands off the case because it is a matter solely for the special investigator and his team and he is unlikely to interfere. They should be ready to defend their actions if called upon,” a source close to the president said.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by thesolutions(m): 10:44am On Nov 20, 2023
wishful thinking
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Moyinoluwa35(f): 10:52am On Nov 20, 2023
Sometimes my body get weak with what am seeing in nigeria, the youth is just been blinded with religion and tribes issues and shy away from the truth.
I can swear with my life that the leaders of nigerians have done a charm a very strong one to silence the masses not to know the right from left, everyday the hardship keep increasing and we keep adjusting , most people have not seen food to eat,most people on nairaland can not boost of 30k on their account , and the keep supporting those who wants to destroy them.
Inflation keep rising, but income keep been stignant. How many of you can boost of quality health, don't you know the more the hardship the more your life expectancy rate reduce.. I must hustle anyhow to take my kids outside this country because the country is irredeemable.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by marenx: 10:54am On Nov 20, 2023
If you chop alone without sharing it with others, the investigation will never end. You can see that the report is not even clear.
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by lexylaw40: 10:57am On Nov 20, 2023
Okay
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Macphenson: 10:57am On Nov 20, 2023
Can corruption fight corruption? We are watching

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Soulsymbol99: 11:04am On Nov 20, 2023
At this stage na for those involved to plan how to eliminate him lipsrsealed but will u blame the man, will he go down alone? undecided if dem no indict the fura drinking mannequin frm katsina den they r not serious yet angry

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Faiththatworks(m): 11:05am On Nov 20, 2023
Hi
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by lexylaw40: 11:05am On Nov 20, 2023
Soulsymbol99:
At this stage na for those involved to plan how to eliminate him lipsrsealed but will u blame the man, will he go down alone? undecided if dem no indict the fura drinking mannequin frm katsina den they r not serious yet angry
Emefiele should have resigned......before dem use me I go use my sense

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Blitzking: 11:16am On Nov 20, 2023
Banks chief that have no names...is Tony part of them?
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Racoon(m): 11:23am On Nov 20, 2023
So what is the attack lapdogs of the government waiting for even allowing indicted person to be soliciting soft landings for?

So the EFCC, ICPC, NFIU, NPF and the DSS that claimed it is also involved in antigraft war waiting for the body language of the corruption himself before they act? What a country!
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Racoon(m): 11:24am On Nov 20, 2023
Blitzking:
Tony Emelelu? He is highly likely to be part of them.
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by grandstar(m): 11:25am On Nov 20, 2023
Buhari enabled this terrifying levels of sleaze in the CBN by interfering in its duties.

How will someone with very poor understanding of economics have the final say on what the exchange rate should be?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Blitzking: 11:29am On Nov 20, 2023
Racoon:
Forget what u see on instagram smiling and all..I don't trust those men...them fit swallow person if given the chance.
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Faiththatworks(m): 11:31am On Nov 20, 2023
Emiefiele deserves all he is going through but seriously this is becoming a circus, Asiwaju you have sanitized the CBN and I applaud for it
My major concern is NNPCL,the president needs to set up an Investigative team to look into that cesspit and harbinger of corruption
The place stinks to High Heavens and it will take a very strong will to open the books of that organization.
Who are the main benefactors in NNPCL,both foreign and local,why is it difficult to refine locally
For close to thirty years, importation of refined crude started and this saboteurs are holding Nigeria by the jugular
I really wish Asiwaju will understand that all the wonderful economic plans he has will never materalise until he takes drastic actions to drain Nigeria of those parasites in NNPC or whatever they are called now
I encourage you to click on this link to get affordable property in Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub
https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by money121(m): 11:34am On Nov 20, 2023
Ok
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by pricklewane: 11:34am On Nov 20, 2023
Where is the link ?

lexylaw40kuti:
Presidency reacts as
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by IVORY2009(m): 11:57am On Nov 20, 2023
lexylaw40kuti:
Presidency reacts as Emefiele exposes beneficiaries of massive corruption in CBN

Photo of Goodness Adaoyiche Goodness AdaoyicheNovember 20, 2023 1 minute read

The presidency has cautioned bank executives indicted by the special investigative team set up to investigate the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) activities under its former governor, Godwin Emefiele.

Politics Nigeria learnt that some bank executives and business moguls have been making “frantic moves to reach out to top aides of the president in the Villa to find a soft landing for them.”

Some industry players, it was gathered, met with Tinubu to give them a soft landing in the special investigation headed by Jim Obaze.

This is even as the panel gets ready to submit its interim report to President Bola Tinubu in the coming days.

Presidential sources say Emefiele had mentioned some of the bank chiefs as either beneficiaries of the sleaze funds or accessories who facilitated the disbursement of the monies under investigation.

One of the sources noted that some of the banks’ chiefs, who benefitted from the Anchor Borrowers programme and business moguls involved in dollar round-tripping, had earlier trailed the President to Paris, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Saudi Arabia when he visited.

The source said the bank chefs and top businessmen went to see the President in a last minute move to stop the Obaze-led team from including them among those to be arraigned for prosecution.

“The President washed his hands off the case because it is a matter solely for the special investigator and his team and he is unlikely to interfere. They should be ready to defend their actions if called upon,” a source close to the president said.

Propaganda as usual grin 😅
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by IVORY2009(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2023
pricklewane:
Where is the link ?

Don't bother yourself, it's propaganda as usual, this present government of Tinubu has nothing meaningful to offer, but propaganda to distract the populace.
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by citygarden(m): 12:05pm On Nov 20, 2023
Have Been waiting for this report by external panel, my fair is some people who are close to the presidency can use their influence to not indicate some people. The likes of Dangote etc. Because this people really sabotage the economy of Nigeria under emefele. The buy at 400 and resell at 700 plus.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Captain40: 1:12pm On Nov 20, 2023
Hi is not enough oh! You better talk.
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Kukutente23: 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
Trash
The same Dangote that the agbado media team have been claiming is a major corrupt beneficiary indicted by the report and blocked from seeing Tinubu travelled with him to Saudi.
This tissue of lies is for agbadorians to saturate their empty stomachs this afternoon.
You can come and start venting your lives' miseries on Emefiele now.
At the mention of Emefiele all agbadorians lose their common sense
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by jude79(m): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
Sources, those involved, investigation have it, bank chiefs, top business executives, the president washed his hand, former cbn governor mentioned nothing.

This conjectures above are the names we saw in the op's post, nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by CJStarz: 1:38pm On Nov 20, 2023
Wait o,u think say Tinubu go arrest Bubu even if Emefiele indict am?
No way man!

Soulsymbol99:
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by CJStarz: 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2023
Blitzking:
Bros,abeg off mic....I say off d mic 😂
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Blitzking: 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2023
CJStarz:

Bros,abeg off mic....I say off d mic 😂
yes boss ii don off Mic

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by CJStarz: 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2023
Racoon:

Who be Tony EMELELU? @Blitzking no add surname,U rush add surname, come even add a wrong surname. 😂
No even ask me wetin be d correct surname,me sef no know 😂😂
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by CJStarz: 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2023
Blitzking:
yes boss ii don off Mic
👍👍💪💪😂
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by freemanq(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2023
Nothing will happen is business as usual
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by Adabestseason(m): 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2023
Let the so called special investigator report to the public also not only the president,what's a clandestine investigation of endemic and grand larceny
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by RepoMan007: 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2023
The same president that owns bullion van money and receives a huge cut from the state he once governed.

While I don't support corruption from emefiele, if he wasn't a adversary to Tinubu at some point, he will be handling his own bullion van in Agbor as we speak.
Re: Presidency Reacts As Emefiele Exposes Beneficiaries Of Massive Corruption In CBN by JOemmy(m): 3:54pm On Nov 20, 2023
Only in nigeria you will see hardened criminals investigating and prosecuting looters of public funds this must definitely be the 8th wonder of the world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Jonathan Said About Young Anambra Billionaire That Built Most Luxury Hotel / Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. / President Jonathan&daughter Attend Yakubu Gowon's 80th Birthday Thanksgiving(pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.