Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman (15498 Views)

Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO / OpenAI (ChatGPT) Sacks Sam Altman (CEO) / OpenAI Co-Founder, Greg Brockman, Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by safarifarms(m): 11:58am On Nov 20, 2023
datola:
Sharp sharp. Bill Gates guys have been eyeing the AI guru guys.
Microsoft, which owns 49% of OpenAI,
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by safarifarms(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2023
mariovito:
Lol

These big companies and rivalry.

This is very legal and technical poaching.
But Microsoft owns 49% of OpenAI
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Faithful007: 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2023
Throwback:
OAI's loss is Microsoft's gain.
Its actually not that. Personally I don't understand the game they're playing here cos the same Microsoft owns half of OpenAI and controls their business model.

Maybe they want him to switch to something else. But Sam Altman is an investor and businessman. I don't see the wisdom in moving him to directly head a research team. That's not how Google and other tech giants do it. Makes no sense at all.
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by o123456789(m): 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2023
Siberia01:
grin
While the Nigerian tech bros and sis
And hosting conferences here and there
And bootcamps for 5k...

Even though they weren't employed by MS
Those guys were made for life
Damn cry
Men like Sam Altman an co got one or two knowledge from tech bootcamps and conferences like DEFCON, Black Hat and RSA conferences, it is called knowledge transfer... so why talk down of Nigerian tech conference hosts? I advise you to rediscover yourself and create a good niche for yourself in tech... instead of to talk down on Nigerian tech conference hosts, or are doing this so that they will get angry and stop hosting tech conferences and bootcamps then you can take over and only you will host and also increase the price from 5k to 1 million? Remember the poor, not everyone can even pay that 5k. Don't be selfish else you will die with your tech knowledge, that is if you even have any!!!
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Siberia01(m): 12:05pm On Nov 20, 2023
o123456789:
Men like Sam Altman an co got one or two knowledge from tech bootcamps and conferences like DEFCON, Black Hat and RSA conferences, it is called knowledge transfer... so why talk down of Nigerian tech conference hosts? I advise you to rediscover yourself and create a good niche for yourself in tech... instead of to talk down on Nigerian tech conference hosts, or are doing this so that they will get angry and stop hosting tech conferences and bootcamps then you can take over and only you will host and also increase the price from 5k to 1 million? Remember the poor, not everyone can even pay that 5k. Don't be selfish else you will die with your tech knowledge, that is if you even have any!!!
ok sir undecided
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by tuzle(m): 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2023
Joseph099:
I knew it , I just knew a tech giant would scoop this guy's away immediately they were sacked/ resigned.

But in Nigeria, you may never hear of them again or they may just Join politics.
wait u guys are getting it wrong here since Microsoft also owns openai.
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by tuzle(m): 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2023
mariovito:
Lol

These big companies and rivalry.

This is very legal and technical poaching.
there is nothing like rivalry here. Microsoft owns openai.
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by mariovito(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
tuzle:
there is nothing like rivalry here. Microsoft owns openai.

So if Microsoft owns open ai, why would Microsoft take in someone fired by Open ai?
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Shattuck(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
voltron14:

If you are an Obidient then you are an idiot.

Nigerian politicians are from around you.

How many honest, hardworking, innovative young people do you know personally?

How many of those people would go into politics?

I know you would claim there are several when common observation says otherwise.

If you are an Obidient, I would ask you to look at the state of goevrnnande from Anambra when Pbi was governor and what legacies he left for his successors.

Some of us support Tinubu because we are realists and not dreamers.

Tinubu is a visionary and as a you g Nigerian, your role is to key into the plans being laid and do your best to lift yourself and those in your immediate vicinity up.

your kind are the very same people the guy criticized, with people like you in large quantity Nigeria can never get better, imagine how foolish you sound, " tinubu is a visionary" a visionary criminal indeed, everything we have come to know as the problems of Nigeria are what this administration is continuing doing, yet one idiot somewhere is saying tinubu is a visionary.

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by PHAYOL81: 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2023
Impressive. Microsoft looking to tap into their knowledge of AI but as seasoned business moguls, they still retained their partnership pending the time their plan materialize and also as back up plan if the journey into the creation of their own AI-like software fail to yield desired fruit.

JUST GREAT
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by justli: 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2023
Throwback:
OAI's loss is Microsoft's gain.

Who owns openai?
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by tuzle(m): 12:54pm On Nov 20, 2023
mariovito:

So if Microsoft owns open ai, why would Microsoft take in someone fired by Open ai?
let look at it this way, Microsoft invested in openai, the board of openai sacked the founder, the second decided to step down also. Then the share holders saw the sack as unfair even the chair person of microsoft also found it unfair and then decided to take them for a new ai development process. They aren't the sole owner sha

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Rick9(m): 1:12pm On Nov 20, 2023
They should just create another chatbot that is more advanced than ChatGPT, but I ain't gonna leave ChatGPT though.
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by voltron14: 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2023
Ekeneegwu:

At least I have a dad .. you wey dem born for brothel .. your mum don’t know who your real father is .. na the Simp wey accept you as a son I blame otu…

So you believe that palatine tapper is your dad?

grin

Go to the Leprosy Colony and seek ykyr biological dad.

Bastard.
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Ekeneegwu(m): 1:21pm On Nov 20, 2023
voltron14:

So you believe that palatine tapper is your dad?

grin

Go to the Leprosy Colony and seek ykyr biological dad.

Bastard.

Chia … who teach you English we need to flog your English teacher … So na so dem Dey pronounce “plantain” in your village fool now I know am wrecking havoc with a stupid fool who is not worth my time … go to school first before you follow an elder to talk . voltron fool
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by voltron14: 1:22pm On Nov 20, 2023
Ekeneegwu:

Chia … who teach you English we need to flog your English teacher … So na so dem Dey pronounce “plantain” in your village fool now I know am wrecking havoc with a stupid fool who is not worth my time … go to school first before you follow an elder to talk . voltron fool

Mumu.

I meant to write palmwine.

At least you know what your Foster father does.
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Ekeneegwu(m): 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2023
voltron14:

Mumu.

Hehehe see how stupid your making your mother look .. fool can’t even hold a conversation without plunders fool
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Ekeneegwu(m): 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2023
voltron14:

Mumu.

Have you eaten today maybe that’s why your brain is not functioning properly.. ordinary palmwine you Dey conjure amadiohia to help you fool .. my son you don’t need a dictionary just stop ogogoro it will help you fool
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by voltron14: 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2023
Ekeneegwu:

Have you eaten today maybe that’s why your brain is not functioning properly.. ordinary palmwine you Dey conjure amadiohia to help you fool .. my son you don’t need a dictionary just stop ogogoro it will help you fool

I had oats with strawberries and blueberries.

Something your father never had.
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Ekeneegwu(m): 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2023
voltron14:

Mumu.

Tell your hiv infested mother to help your already cursed life cos a PIG have more to offer than a retard she gave birth to .. ODE … Voltron lol 😆
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Ekeneegwu(m): 1:27pm On Nov 20, 2023
voltron14:

Remove that dictionary that your using to reply me .. it won’t help you fool
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by voltron14: 1:27pm On Nov 20, 2023
Ekeneegwu:

Hehehe see how stupid your making your mother look .. fool can’t even hold a conversation without plunders fool

It's called blunders motherfucker.
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by voltron14: 1:28pm On Nov 20, 2023
Ekeneegwu:

Remove that dictionary that your using to reply me .. it won’t help you fool

E pain am.

grin
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Ekeneegwu(m): 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2023
voltron14:

My son .. don’t worry I will help you find your retard father .. slowpoke looking mofo… I don’t blame you na Seun I blame he should be doing age verification first before you chat in this forum
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by voltron14: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
Ekeneegwu:

My son .. don’t worry I will help you find your retard father .. slowpoke looking mofo… I don’t blame you na Seun I blame he should be doing age verification first before you chat in this forum

Tell the world the truth: did your Father ever eat strawberries?
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Ekeneegwu(m): 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2023
voltron14:

It's called blunders motherfucker.

We should clap for the fool .. it’s called sarcasm… plunderous idiot
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Ekeneegwu(m): 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2023
voltron14:

How old are you ode .. don’t worry na hunger wey Dey worry you fool
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Ekeneegwu(m): 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2023
voltron14:

If you carry on like this na burn dem go burn you for market .. cos it’s obvious you intend to be a thief or share your yansh like your gay father , maybe that’s why he left your mum for your uncle .. cursed generation
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by voltron14: 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
Ekeneegwu:

We should clap for the fool .. it’s called sarcasm… plunderous idiot

Plonker doesn't know the difference between plunder and blunder.

grin

slowpoke.
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Ekeneegwu(m): 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2023
voltron14:

grin

slowpoke.

Na your type Dey rape their sister ..I pity for the little cunt .. don’t worry when next am in Nigeria I will come find you and raise funds so you can go to school so you will know the difference between plantain and palmwine ..lol 😏
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Ekeneegwu(m): 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2023
voltron14:

grin

slowpoke.

Palatintina …lol you for kuku write your own dictionary since the one we have it’s not enough for you fool
Re: Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman by Akanaz(m): 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2023
In this life, just strive to become someone of value. E get why and this is one of the reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare / What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job / Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.