Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief (803 Views)

Suspected Car Thief Mobbed In Abuja (Video) / Police Arrest Serial Car Snatcher & His Lawyer In Delta, Recover Stolen Vehicle / I Stole To Raise Money To Feature Davido Or Runtown In My Music - Car Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by beardedboy(m): 11:26pm On Nov 20, 2023
A few months ago, I observed that many of my friends were posting pictures of a stolen car on their WhatsApp status. I later discovered that the stolen car belonged to a close friend of mine who is a car dealer.

Some weeks ago, I got good news that the car had been found in Kaduna.

However, tonight my friend (the vehicle owner) posted a heartbreaking update about the case on his WhatsApp status. I was doubting whether to post it on Nairaland but since he has posted it on twitter himself, I'll just copy his tweets and share it here.

I write to seek urgent intervention of the @PoliceNG_CRU @PoliceNG @Princemoye1 @KadunapoliceNG @OsunPpro & all well-meaning Nigerians in the recovery of my stolen Toyota Corolla (2011 model sport edition) held by the anti-car theft section of the SCID of Kaduna state command.

2/ The vehicle was stolen from Ede military barracks on July 6, 2023, and found in Kaduna on September 12, 2023. Despite evidence proving ownership, the Deputy Commissioner of Police (SCID) Kaduna, DCP Yusuf A. Abdul, has refused to release the vehicle and instead, seems to ...

3/ want to hand the car over to an Alhaji involved, who is known for buying stolen vehicles. Earlier, I made a For sale post on jiji. ng for this very car.I was contacted by someone claiming to be Captain Adamu Muhammed, expressing interest in purchasing the car...

4/Despite my absence due to the Hajj pilgrimage, I agreed to send the car to Ede military barracks for inspection, where the said Captain Adamu claims he works. However, the 'Army officer' drove the car out of the barracks and disappeared, leading to a police investigation and...

5/the eventual discovery of the vehicle in Kaduna. Despite presenting extensive evidence of ownership, including documents and petitions, the Deputy Commissioner of Police in Kaduna has failed to release the vehicle and the Alhaji, after promising to do so earlier...

6/ I have spent significant resources on this matter and am yet to see any results, with the police from Zone XI headquarters in Osogbo also facing resistance in their attempts to retrieve the vehicle...

7/I implore The Nigerian Police Force @PoliceNG_CRU @PoliceNG @Princemoye1 @KadunapoliceNG to intervene and ensure the prompt and fair resolution of this matter. Your assistance in recovering my stolen vehicle and holding the responsible ...

8/ parties accountable would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
Akibu Tadese

https://twitter.com/Sweetyunus/status/1726548758253679096

Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by beardedboy(m): 11:27pm On Nov 20, 2023
Mynd44 please help push to FP
Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by beardedboy(m): 11:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
However, the 'Army officer' drove the car out of the barracks and disappeared, leading to a police investigation and...
You know what's interesting about this part?
According to what I heard, when the so-called Captain Adamu showed up at the barracks gate, the soldiers on duty saluted him and greeted him like he was very familiar with them. Immediately the Captain Adamu drove off with the car, the soldiers changed face to the guys who went to deliver the car. They said they don't know anything about their deal and they don't know the man.

What is this?! People using an army facility to commit robbery and using the police institution to defend their robbery!

I don't think a society can get worse than this.

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by beardedboy(m): 11:42pm On Nov 20, 2023
I always say it, the problem of Nigeria is that nobody ever pays for their crimes or wrongdoings. People have perfected the crime of evading justice in this Nigeria.

Everyday crimes occur and nobody ever gets punished. No one is called to account. No one pays for their misdeeds. This is the major problem with Nigeria.

Accidents happen, no investigation to see if it was due to reckless driving, incompetent mechanic or bad road. We just continue with life as if it's all normal.

No, it isn't normal. Criminals must be made to pay for their crimes. Anyone standing in the way of justice must be treated as an accomplice in crime and punished as well.

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by adecz: 12:00am On Nov 21, 2023
Na wah..
Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by JASONjnr(m): 12:03am On Nov 21, 2023
Corruption in Nigeria is definitely because, lots of systems created to effectively drive the country to become better is manipulated by Money.

You might have a good case with evidence, but the accused has money. You will lose and risked being jailed.
Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by beardedboy(m): 5:27am On Nov 21, 2023
JASONjnr:
Corruption in Nigeria is definitely because, lots of systems created to effectively drive the country to become better is manipulated by Money.

You might have a good case with evidence, but the accused has money. You will lose and risked being jailed.
Unfortunately, this is the order of the day. For example, a thug impaled someone's eyes around this time last year. The thug works for a very big church (perhaps the biggest church in the country). I tell you that the thug is still walking free today. This one is story for another day.

Imagine a police institution covering a petty thief! This isn't the first but it will be this criminal Alhaji's last.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by beardedboy(m): 9:44am On Nov 21, 2023
Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by Pastsoul: 9:25pm On Nov 21, 2023
Make police no dey fear crime
Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2023
beardedboy:
A few months ago, I observed that many of my friends were posting pictures of a stolen car on their WhatsApp status. I later discovered that the stolen car belonged to a close friend of mine who is a car dealer.

Some weeks ago, I got good news that the car had been found in Kaduna.

However, tonight my friend (the vehicle owner) posted a heartbreaking update about the case on his WhatsApp status. I was doubting whether to post it on Nairaland but since he has posted it on twitter himself, I'll just copy his tweets and share it here.

https://twitter.com/Sweetyunus/status/1726548758253679096

U want make dem coughing them Cuts so far?

beardedboy:

Police take cut from thieves?
Lolz! Who dey rent dem Guns?
Why u think say this person dey shout , say dem dey protect car thieves ?
Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by UptownVibes(m): 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2023
The real criminals in this nation are the law enforcement agency. Na who them catch be thief..
Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by beardedboy(m): 9:15pm On Nov 22, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

U want make dem coughing them Cuts so far?
Police take cut from thieves?
Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by Stanleymaster1: 7:20am On Nov 23, 2023
Ok o....
Re: Kaduna Police Is Protecting A Serial Car Thief by beardedboy(m): 10:03am On Nov 23, 2023
UptownVibes:
The real criminals in this nation are the law enforcement agency. Na who them catch be thief..
They're a bunch of legal criminals.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bobrisky’s Prison Sentence And Its Implications / Two Robbery Suspects Blame Juju For Arrest / Riddles Over The Killing Snr. Executive Plastic Mgr. Of Thermocool Pz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.