Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,214 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead (815 Views)

Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goitre; Asks For 300,000 Instead. / Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria / Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by naijaadvance: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2023
Mrs Folakemi from Ede local government in Osun state, has been suffering from goiter for a while. She sought medical help but when a team of doctors offered her free medical services, she opted out and asked for the money raised on her behalf.

The NGO tried to change her mind but she insisted on walking away with the N300,000 contribution. She was given the money afterwhich she went back to her village.

Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by naijaadvance: 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
Health is Wealth
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by FuckingMachine: 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2023
I hope Goiter wins.

99% of poor people are responsible for where they are. Even their relatives can't help them due to their nature.

This woman and Happie Boys are a prime example.
If social media didn't exist you'd see them on the road and pity them.

Not anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2023
Poverty no be anybody mate

1 Like

Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by hakym619(m): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2023
Guys , should these affiliate marketing tutors be trusted.
They've endlessly and relentlessly bombarded my phone with ads on how to earn 500k weekly by becoming an affiliate marketer.

What puzzles me is that they claim to worth tens of millions yet they relentlessly push their 50k course to audiences.

Are they genuine? Should one consider them. I'm interested but I don't have money to spare as they could just dump an incomprehensible course on me after making payments.

What are your experience with them ?
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by mariahAngel(f): 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2023
May God help her.
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by Coolsat(m): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2023
This is sad mehnnn

They shouldn't have succumb to her greed
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by advanceDNA: 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2023
A fvnny and sad situation at the same time..

Poverty can really impair judgement
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by Babangidapikin: 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2023
The Commissioner of Health should ensure she returns to that hospital ...and get treated ...
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by YourMrBoo: 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2023
Hunger doings
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by Irupetepete: 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2023
The money was raised for treatment not for giving..
I blame those who have her the money instead of treatment

2 Likes

Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by Tohsynetita1: 7:23pm On Nov 21, 2023
hakym619:
They've endlessly and relentlessly bombarded my phone with ads on how to earn 500k weekly by becoming an affiliate marketer.

What puzzles me is that they claim to worth tens of millions yet they relentlessly push their 50k course to audiences.

Are they genuine? Should one consider them. I'm interested but I don't have money to spare as they could just dump an incomprehensible course on me after making payments.

some are real o, those I know are real.
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by Gadafii: 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2023
Okk guy let me tell you the story of this woman and why she opted for the cash out, tho my phone is will go off anytime from now due to low battery but I will try to be very fast

The woman, Mrs Folakemi from Ede local government in Osun state, has been suffering from goiter for a while…..
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by AskProf: 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
hakym619:

Run.
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by Authoreety: 8:11pm On Nov 21, 2023
Gadafii:
Okk guy let me tell you the story of this woman and why she opted for the cash out, tho my phone is will go off anytime from now due to low battery but I will try to be very fast

The woman, Mrs Folakemi from Ede local government in Osun state, has been suffering from goiter for a while…..

She treated it b4 and it resurfaced, so knowing that it will resurface again, she decided to take the money instead..
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by FreeStuffsNG: 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2023
mariahAngel:
They should not have given her the money.
Free surgery or she leaves, as surgery is what she needs the most.

What is her intention? To keep the condition and use it to draw sympathy?
Why would anyone reject help for their own good? How annoying!
She may eventually be persuaded to change her mind. She may be using that as an excuse to avoid surgery. Some of these guys are in morbid fear of surgery.
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by Ekpekus(m): 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2023
Babangidapikin:
The Commissioner of Health should ensure she returns to that hospital ...and get treated ...
Just unfortunate that a patient cannot be forced against their wish...
But the money should have been kept for the purpose of the surgery (at least that is what the money was raised for) until the woman is ready
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by Ekpekus(m): 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2023
Irupetepete:
The money was raised for treatment not for giving..
I blame those who have her the money instead of treatment
Gbam... I agree with you 💯
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by Babangidapikin: 8:28pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ekpekus:

Just unfortunate that a patient cannot be forced against their wish...
But the money should have been kept for the purpose of the surgery (at least that is what the money was raised for) until the woman is ready
Well we won't really know what transpire ... Social media news can't be verified ...but I know Dr Tajudeen would ensure she get treatment if it's possible.
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by mariahAngel(f): 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
She may eventually be persuaded to change her mind. She may be using that as an excuse to avoid surgery. Some of these guys are in morbid fear of surgery.

You may be right. undecided
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by PapaNnamdi: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2023
Na to give am punch for the neck make she swallow her pride

E sure me say she wan place that 300k on 2sure odds,

1 Like

Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by NFBI: 10:57pm On Nov 21, 2023
The odd world
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by naijaadvance: 4:41am On Nov 22, 2023
mariahAngel:

You may be right. undecided
hmmm
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by imagrg(m): 6:26am On Nov 22, 2023
Funny.
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by hakym619(m): 6:28am On Nov 22, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

some are real o, those I know are real.

Please, link me up.
Re: Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goiter; Asks For N300k Instead by Originalsly: 7:27am On Nov 22, 2023
Why give her the money? If the contributions was for surgery and she changed her mind then either the money was kept until she decided to go ahead with it/find another treatment ....... or money refunded to the donours.

I know they said it's goiter.... but I strongly believe it's cancer. Why? ... my neighbour had that swelling at the side of his neck ... same position ... was small at first ... a small lump ... but was slowly growing bigger. Over a period of about 3 to 4 years it was pretty big and he underwent surgery and had it removed. It didn't take much time to start growing again.... but not as big...same spot. They didn't say it was goiter ... just referred to it as the lump ... ( doctors said what they wanted to) but from inside info ... they said it was cancer... had already spread down his trachea and one of his lungs. He was a junior in our hangout group ... we knew what was happening to him but he didn't. We decided not to let him know ... he was soo full of confidence but we knew his days were numbered. We showed a good face.. like normal.. but was like mourning on the inside. Whatever he wanted ... wherever he wanted to go ... like two of us will say no... the rest will agree and he will get whatever he wanted in the end. As time passed ... he was getting short winded... then couldn't make it to the corner ... the hangout spot ... we take turns to visit him at home so as not to raise suspicion... then ... he couldn't walk from the bedroom to the kitchen. We knew his lungs were like gone. Was hospitalized for like two months.... fullll of confidence... doctors told us in confidence they don't know how he is still alive because both his lungs were toast. His parents asked for a discharge .... died in his brother's arms on the way home. He was 16.... hurt a lot.. knowing someone is dying... but he doesn't know... and watching him die slowly... painful. This lady reminded me of him.

(1) (Reply)

Dark Skin Under Lips / Bra Size 120 Incredible Any Remedy. / Is It Safe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.