Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months (16639 Views)

2023 FAAC Allocation For Nigerian States - Before & After Fuel Subsidy Removal / Only Lagos, Ogun Generate More IGR Than FAAC Allocation / 2018 FAAC Allocation Distribution To States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by Lumarstone: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2023
I didn't see the name of my local government here, WHY?
Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by ObereEmma: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2023
emperor863:

It did not start today. Nnamdi Azikiwe too in his days painted our leaders black and not a few believed him because of the liberal nature of the Yorubas.

In the last general elections, some mindless subhumans wanted us to discard with the political leadership of the SW and replace them with the failures from their ethnic group.

It almost succeeded but it will never be tolerated again in the SW.

To the issue at hand, the response is simple. If the LGAs ate not living to your expectations, kindly relocate to your state of origin. We believe our leaders may not have hit the expected level in governance but they are kilometers ahead of the kleptomaniac leadership that holds sways in a part of the country.

The other day, a failed governor commissioned streetlights. Then one installed Julius Berger signage and his people wept for joy. The same people were to jubilate with ecstasy when their 'performing' governor marked their capital city toads with yellow markings.

Therefore, I advice you to the political leadership of the SW for the people of SW.
Stop saying Rubbish. The so-called Local government is not dominated by Yoroubas. The Yorouba dominated areas are the poorest. Learn to respect people helping your land . Some of you don't have sense.
Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by casualobserver: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2023
Burob:
Nonsensical assessment, then how come Delta (The Big Heart State) has received the highest allocation from the same FAAC in the last 8 years, but yet none of its local governments made the list?

Most probably bet my last Benjamin Franklin, the op was referring to internal generated revenue?

Delta state receives the highest faac based on oil revenue derivation. Lagos LGA also receives the highest based on VAT source derivation.

Note also that such is the drop in oil production over the years that 1) profit on oil has gone down because cost of production has gone up aand amount produced has gone down 2) a lot of the income from oil has been blocked against loans taken 3) it’s share of overall govt revenue has also gone down.

1 Like

Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by drlateef: 10:54am On Nov 22, 2023
obonujoker:
Alimosho got such amount, and yet the place looks like slum??🀣🀣

No wonder, APC lost there...

But where are Delta state LGAs?? After the state received 26BN, are the LGAs not receiving anything??

Mhen this country, even Sherlock Holmes cannot can πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

Delta state allocations is different from LGA allocation. I presume Delta should be among the first 3 states for state allocations. But Delta is still paying the debt owed as a result of sponsoring Atiku for elections. They will pay this for at least 2 generations πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

1 Like

Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by emperor863(m): 11:16am On Nov 22, 2023
ObereEmma:

Stop saying Rubbish. The so-called Local government is not dominated by Yoroubas. The Yorouba dominated areas are the poorest. Learn to respect people helping your land . Some of you don't have sense.

Like your fathers before you.

Respect begets respect and hatred begets hatred. It will do you a great desk of honour yo go and developed your god forsaken barren land so that your offspring will not develop other people's homes
Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by ufotunang: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2023
tommy589:

States governors and National assembly members voted against LG autonomy last year(Google). Instead for Labour Union and Nigerians to picket National Assembly,they gave it no attention.Not getting dividends of democracy to the grassroots is the major reason for the widespread poverty in the country.
Recently,an Ogun State LG Chairman wrote a public letter highlighting how the State divert fund meant for his LG. The man got arrested, impeached and now facing prosecution for stealing.
Governors collect allocations and do nothing. They are like mini gods that are not accessible unlike LG Chairmen. It is when Nigerians understand that all governors (past & present) are their problems,that is when they start getting breath of new life
..it's for nigerians to protest and agitate for local government autonomy...they should protest to their state assembly, state governors that they want local government autonomy... that if there is no local government autonomy that they will boycott the 2027 election... the 2027 governorship and state assembly election and not vote for any governorship candidate and state assembly candidate in the election until local government autonomy bill is signed into law..
Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by CodeTemplar: 1:26pm On Nov 22, 2023
tommy589:

States governors and National assembly members voted against LG autonomy last year(Google). Instead for Labour Union and Nigerians to picket National Assembly,they gave it no attention.Not getting dividends of democracy to the grassroots is the major reason for the widespread poverty in the country.
Recently,an Ogun State LG Chairman wrote a public letter highlighting how the State divert fund meant for his LG. The man got arrested, impeached and now facing prosecution for stealing.
Governors collect allocations and do nothing. They are like mini gods that are not accessible unlike LG Chairmen. It is when Nigerians understand that all governors (past & present) are their problems,that is when they start getting breath of new life
the governors are terrible no doubt. The lg chairmen are henchmen with governor stealing instincts.
Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2023
honeyB2018:

Can you imagine that the majority is from Lagos State.
But where's the evidence of these humongous amount of money as allocation?
Come to Ojo, Amuwo Odofin, Apapa, Ajegunle, you can't see any sign that the collect this kind of money. Yet people will still want them to continue.

You should be asking about your state local government...
Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by honeyB2018: 2:07am On Nov 24, 2023
emperor863:

It did not start today. Nnamdi Azikiwe too in his days painted our leaders black and not a few believed him because of the liberal nature of the Yorubas.

In the last general elections, some mindless subhumans wanted us to discard with the political leadership of the SW and replace them with the failures from their ethnic group.

It almost succeeded but it will never be tolerated again in the SW.

To the issue at hand, the response is simple. If the LGAs ate not living to your expectations, kindly relocate to your state of origin. We believe our leaders may not have hit the expected level in governance but they are kilometers ahead of the kleptomaniac leadership that holds sways in a part of the country.

The other day, a failed governor commissioned streetlights. Then one installed Julius Berger signage and his people wept for joy. The same people were to jubilate with ecstasy when their 'performing' governor marked their capital city toads with yellow markings.

Therefore, I advice you to the political leadership of the SW for the people of SW.

I would have ignored you and your useless post,but doing so will amount to giving you a feeling that you have made a reasonable point, but in the real sense of it, it's a post of a chauvinist, who has failed to realize the point that he has failed.
In the first place,I will like you to understand, that as one who resides in Lagos State, pay my dues here, I have every right to make my comments about the way things go here without taking any permission from you and your cohorts.
Secondly, the money allocated to the local government where I dwell in Lagos State, my own personal allocation is there because population is used to calculate how much each local government gets. If I make any comments about the usage of the funds, slowpoke like you have no right to oppose me.
Thirdly, realize that Lagos State, not South West, is populated by non- Indigenes, therefore, non- Indigenes and not the people of the South West, drives the economy, therefore tribal bigots like you should hide your face and let the movers of the economy of Lagos State talk. For your information, know that Lagos State, is the only state in Nigeria, where the real indigenous people are less than 10% of it's population, to some extent,bigots like you may even be a stranger in Lagos State.
Fourthly, good governance and dividend of democracy, is the desire and expectation of good and law abiding citizens of any country and resident of any local government, if it's your desire that your appointed local government officials, should collect what belong to you and embezzle it, use it to better the lot of their families, while you wallow in pain and penury and die in the name defending your tribe and your embezzling officials without speaking out so be to you, after all, there's no road, market, filling station, rice, beans, cloth etc, that is made for any of the political party supporters, nor for any other tribe in any local government in Lagos State. All of us, do make use of the same facilities provided by the embezzling appointed officials.
So for their ineptitudeness and inability to correctly use the allocations for our wellbeing, we all suffer it together.
The present economic hardship, occasioned by the federal government and party you voted for in the name of my turn, hope it's biting only the supporters of those in the opposing parties? Yorubas are not feeling it?
Stupid ant. People like you should hide your face in shame. The other day, a Yoruba woman selling fish, was lamenting over the high cost of living in Nigeria and was calling the names of your political lord's in the state and South West. That Woman voted for a Yoruba man as president and governor. If it's was well with her, would she have come out openly to lament?
So many are their in their secret places, lamenting, and cannot speak, because of the castigation of bigots like.
All I want to tell you,is to continue in your stupidity of fighting for tribe and not for good governance. You will soon hit the street with placard for your stupidity.
Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by honeyB2018: 2:33am On Nov 24, 2023
MICHEALADEX:

You should be asking about your state local government...

Crimes and criminalities, know no bound, tribe and colour. A thief in Lagos State, if he has the same opportunity elsewhere, will still display that attitude of criminality.
My post wasn't about tribe, but about the usage of the resources allocated to the local governments. I live, do my business, pay my dues here in Lagos State, not my State of Origin. During the census, I'm counted as a resident of Lagos State, not my State. Progress and and and lack of it in Lagos State,affects me, more than that of my state. Sometimes, it takes me up to 5yrs, before visiting my state of origin, while I spend more than 365 days here in Lagos, population is one of the factors considered in the allocation of funds to Lagos State and it's local governments,and mine is included.
So if I make comments about things here and the way things are done here and you are offended, I don't want to sound rude, but understand that I'm passionate and concern about the well being of the state. That's all I want to tell.
Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by honeyB2018: 2:39am On Nov 24, 2023
ttobizz:

With all this money and the state igr, this is the lagos we get. Tinubu is indeed a builder. Delta didn't get this much, yet Ibori was able to steal all the billions and even reserved some amount for the Delta that we all see today

And no one have ever stollen any dime from Lagos State and it's local government funds?
Just de play.
Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by honeyB2018: 2:40am On Nov 24, 2023
ufotunang:
..this money does not go direct to the local governments.. these money goes direct to the state government through joint account with the local government..and the state governor can just give the local government 50 million naira out of the 600 million naira sent by the federal government for that local government area... because there is no local government autonomy...so money cannot go direct to the local government it goes to the state government through joint account with the local government.. that is why nigeria needs local government autonomy for the local government so that money can go direct to the local government from the federal government...state government are greedy they are against local government autonomy

God bless you my brother for being reasonable and not like the demented tribal bigots that have commented earlier.
Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by eagleu: 2:44am On Nov 24, 2023
obonujoker:
20 LGAs from Lagos made the top 25 in Nigeria... Honestly, Lagos should be competing with Johannesburg, Cairo, Rabat, etc....

And still someone calls it exclusive Yoruba land while depending on Federal allocation
Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by honeyB2018: 2:47am On Nov 24, 2023
ttobizz:

With all this money and the state igr, this is the lagos we get. Tinubu is indeed a builder. Delta didn't get this much, yet Ibori was able to steal all the billions and even reserved some amount for the Delta that we all see today

Let me make one point very clear here. I didn't make this post,to cast aspersions on local government, but with the best intention of asking that the right things be done in the local governments with this humongous amount of money, collected as allocation.
But some bigots want to turn it into another thing. Any way, it's their business.
One love.
Re: LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months by ufotunang: 11:07am On Nov 24, 2023
honeyB2018:

God bless you my brother for being reasonable and not like the demented tribal bigots that have commented earlier.
.. thank you very much 🌹

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Force Kills Scores Of ISWAP Fighters In Borno / Osinbajo Presiding Over NEC Meeting (Photos, Video) / Appeal Court Upholds Life Sentence Of Two Nigerians Jailed For Drugs In Cambodia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.