Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,208 members, 7,860,346 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

How Do I Settle A Business Dispute With An American? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Settle A Business Dispute With An American? (715 Views)

Guinness Nigeria Resolves Dispute With Nafdac / Ghana Resolves Dispute With Nigeria Over Unpaid Gas Bill / Please Advice A Brother On This Paypal Dispute Conversation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Settle A Business Dispute With An American? by befada: 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
Hello Fellow Nigerian, i am having a business dispute with an American and all my effort in getting a lawyer in the state to file a case from US never workout therefore, can anyone tell me how to go about this, is it possible for me to file the case against him from Nigeria or how do i do please?

Thanking you while anticipating getting a satisfactory contribution from you soon.

Damilola Adeyemi Emmanuel.
E-mail: dammyadey25@yahoo.com/dammyadey25@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Settle A Business Dispute With An American? by i1: 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2011
hey just saw this, call me on 08053779782, so i can get the details and advise accordingly
Re: How Do I Settle A Business Dispute With An American? by Hope4pple: 7:33am On Dec 08, 2011
Although you can try to sue, I don't think it's worth the hassle. Consider whether the amount or the value of your loss is worth spending money to litigate the issue.

I'd advise you to use a form of alternative dispute resolution to attempt to resolve the issue, as opposed to a lawsuit.

Furthermore, if the actions of the company is criminal (fraud), and you report the case to the U.S government, they will probably attempt to pursue the case.

Check the following links; I think they'll be helpful,

http://www.ryanalexander.us/2008/08/can-i-sue-someone-in-a-foreign-country/
http://www.syversonlaw.com/Business-Law/International-Business.shtml

(1) (Reply)

Wikipedia Makes An Appeal. / Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? / Oceanic Merge With Ecobank As Itbplc Merges With Acess Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.