Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Horns Of Dilemma: Unbound And Unburned - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Horns Of Dilemma: Unbound And Unburned (73 Views)

Crushing The Horns Of Destruction And Demotion Dr DK Olukoya / The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma / My Pastor ! Did This To!! State Of Dilemma Now! Plz Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Horns Of Dilemma: Unbound And Unburned by topshore(f): 12:02am On Nov 22, 2023
Scripture Text: Daniel 3

Three of Daniel's friends, Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego, were in Babylon when King Nebuchadnezzar asked them to worship an image. Fear and threats were made, threatening them with fire and death if they didn't bow down. Everyone in the province of Babylon followed the king's instructions, but these three Hebrew men believed in the only one God, Yahweh, who created heaven and earth. They refused to bend or bow, believing that their God would save them from the fire.

In Dan 3:4-7, a loud caller instructed people to worship the gold statue set up by King Nebuchadnezzar. People from every language fell to their knees and worshipped the statue, fearing that if they didn't, they would be thrown into a fiery fire. The people from every language fell to their knees and worshipped the statue, demonstrating the importance of worship and devotion to the king's god.

In this passage, captives are taken to a different country and are instructed to worship a golden monster, which goes against the first two laws of Christianity. Christians must obey God and not men, as Peter emphasized in Acts 4:18–20, 5:27–29. The king tells the three friends to make a big choice, as they will be thrown into a fiery furnace if they don't worship the god. The king seems to forget about the God of Daniel and his friends, who he met in chapter 2. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego tell the king that they will not defend themselves before the king, as the God they serve can save them from the fire and from the king's hands. They want the king to know that they won't worship the gods or the gold statue they put up, demonstrating their great faith. This passage serves as a reminder of the consequences of not obeying God but choosing to obeying men.

The story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego is a powerful example of how people can trust in God's strength and courage during difficult times. The three friends, who made a promise to the God of Israel, were given the courage and strength to stand up against the king. This powerful statement was made with grace, strong resolve, and faith, demonstrating the importance of trusting in God's provision.

The lesson of this story is that we should never be proud or sure of ourselves, but rather trust that God will provide what we need when we need it. The fires were for Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who had the chance to meet God and feel His safety, friendship, and peace even in difficult times.

In our own lives, we often feel God most strongly during difficult times. Nebuchadnezzar and the people who watched saw that God could help them through the fire without getting burned, holding them up, letting go, and being set free. This story serves as a reminder that we should never be too proud or sure of ourselves, but rather trust in God's provision.

In Dan 3:26-30, the satraps, prefects, judges, and royal advisers gathered around Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego after a fire. They saw that the fire had not hurt their bodies, hair, clothes, or smelled like fire. Nebuchadnezzar announced that the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had sent his angel and saved his servants. They believed in him and refused to follow the king's instructions. People from any country or language who criticized God would be killed and their homes destroyed.

The king gave Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego more authority in the region of Babylon. Although shocked by what he saw, Nebuchadnezzar was aware that the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego was distinct from all other gods he had previously encountered. All three friends were promoted at work, turning them from nothing to heroes. After coming out of the fire, Nebuchadnezzar was appointed king over the rest of Babylon, showcasing the king's satisfaction with the God of Israel.

In the text, Peter emphasizes the importance of following God and not letting the devil deceive you. He shares the story of Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego who chose to follow God and were saved. The text encourages readers to choose between accepting God or following the devil, and to remain faithful to God. People may try to force them to deny God, but it is crucial to remember that God will save those who remain faithful. The text also reminds readers that they will not be burned when they walk through the fiery fire, as Heb. 43:2 states. When faced with temptation or dilemma, it is essential to remain confident and not bend or bow.

If you have ever chosen the world over God at a cross road in your life, now is the time to repent for tomorrow might be too late.

Just say this short prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ I come to You now, forgive my sin, take control of my life and chage my world. I say bye to the devil, and I enter the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Lord Jesus, in Jesus' name I pray amen!

Congratulation!!!

Peace!

Also read: https://jesusplusnothing.com/series/post/Daniel3

(1) (Reply)

The Art Of Being A Sheep (2) / Really???��� Nigerian Pastor Rejects Oil Well / Everything The Old Testament Says About God's Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.