Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre (3697 Views)

Weeds Overrun Lagos Health Centre, Residents Seek Intervention / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Bola Ahmed Tinubu Health Centre (Photos) / Doctor Stephen Ijeuwe Collapses, Dies In FMC Yenogoa Over Lack Of Defibrillator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by TajuDEENaMao: 4:34am On Nov 22, 2023
Residents of Ayetoro Makun in the Sagamu Local Government Area of Ogun State have lamented the lack of a public health centre in the community.

Some of the residents, who spoke with PUNCH Metro on Tuesday, decried the hardship encountered in getting medical treatment, as they claimed to be travelling a long distance before they could have access to proper medications.

PUNCH Metro gathered that some pregnant women were usually helpless as they had no other option than to surrender to some untrained nurses during their child births.

Speaking with our correspondent, a resident, Rev. Morenikeji Afosi, said the lack of a PHC in the community had been challenging. She said, “We travel miles to receive health attention. We go as far as Babcock Hospital in Ilishan. I have met many of my neighbours in the same hospital at some point in time.”

Afosi said she learned that there was a proposed site for the PHC, but opined that “execution was the challenge.”

She appealed to the state government to help build a standard PHC in the community to alleviate the residents’ suffering.

Another resident, who gave his name simply as Mr. Igbinigie ThankGod, decried going to the neighbouring Mowe for medical treatment. He said, “Going to Mowe or a nearby hospital is not always easy particularly if it is late at night. I always manage to go to the hospital in the Redemption Camp for treatment.

“There are some critical health conditions that will require immediate medical attention. But since there is no PHC in the community, how will such victims survive?”

When contacted, the LGA chairman, Odulate Afolabi, said there was an ongoing project on the PHCs.

He said, “We will build a PHC at Ayetoro Makun. We have the lists of projects we are working on and the town is on the list already. But we have started one, we can’t jump to others. We just moved to a town to build a maternity centre and it is almost at the completion stage now. Once we are done with that, we’ll proceed to the next.”

Odulate maintained that they were doing everything possible to deliver dividends of democracy to the people.

https://punchng.com/ogun-community-laments-lack-of-health-centre/?amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by duduade: 5:23am On Nov 22, 2023
And you people have been voting

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by IVORY2009(m): 5:28am On Nov 22, 2023
The govt just collect and keep collecting for themselves and the people's wish doesn't count during voting, until a revolution happens in Nigeria, things will never get better, people who are suppose not to be in power are now occupying high offices and embezzlement is the what is happening today.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by ipobarecriminals: 5:58am On Nov 22, 2023
sad eleyi Dapo and that short man in Abia are CURSED,,MISFORTUNE to their people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by Mindlog: 6:18am On Nov 22, 2023
Being in a community with no health centre is scary.,....I shudder at the thought of it and sadly, it is a situation across Nigeria.
Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by Jesuschristonw: 6:32am On Nov 22, 2023
Largest igr...noting to show for

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by Faiththatworks(m): 6:50am On Nov 22, 2023
It is not only Ayetoro Makun community that suffers this problem in Ogun state,I daresay I know of another community in Ogun State that is in dire need of Government presence
It is the Ogun Waterside Local Government.
This local government was initially proposed to host Dangote Refinery before he had a falling out with Governor Amosun
I feel the Government of Ogun State should understand that the state doesn't end in Abeokuta and Ijebu Land
This local government shared boundaries with Ibeju Lekki LGA and is 40 minutes to Ilaje in Ondo State via a boat ride
The villages include Lomitoto,Lupefun and Ode Omi town
I fell in love with the community the first time I went there due to its wonderful Beaches and Lagoon front
I encourage the Ogun State government to please heed the call and look at providing infrastructure in this Local Government
For more on my property in the community,kindly click on the following link:
https://www.nairaland.com/7905627/introducing-strongtower-estate-ode-omi#126875204

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by Nackzy: 7:09am On Nov 22, 2023
Very possible their polling units gave over 300,000 votes during election

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by SayDeeJay: 7:10am On Nov 22, 2023
The selfishness of the leaders will not alow them to have such.
May God deliver us from all these self-centered politicians.
Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by faebenezer5star: 7:11am On Nov 22, 2023
Consequences of bad leadership 😁😁 more is still coming, Nigerians MUST have sense at last.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by crossfm: 7:12am On Nov 22, 2023
The health sector in Nigeria is a big Shame,not just Ogun but throughout the country.

You won't understand how bad it is until you or your loved ones have any health challenge.

Lack of facilities,lack equipments,lack of manpower and the unprofessional attitude of health workers do to the pressure and workload they get daily.

State of emergency is what is needed in the health sector in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by Prigidypogodo(f): 7:13am On Nov 22, 2023
grin

But but we have the largest IGR in the world

ohhh i forgot
majority of the IGR is from Skull mining.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by Weseffiro: 7:13am On Nov 22, 2023
crossfm:
The health sector in Nigeria is a big Shane,not just Ogun but throughout the country.
Even here in Delta

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by phemmie06(m): 7:16am On Nov 22, 2023
Is there anything Ogun state doesn't lack?
They are truly the gateway state to lack

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by chiagozien(m): 7:16am On Nov 22, 2023
Fools don't care about their region,they only care about the people they love to hate.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by Lastmankc(m): 7:17am On Nov 22, 2023
And these guys gave APC maximum votes in the last election.Ogun state is the most useless state,with useless leaders and foolish voters in the country.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by Tayorshd87: 7:30am On Nov 22, 2023
K
Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by OloYeOfEgbE: 7:35am On Nov 22, 2023
Hehehehehehe.....

Na so one die because she couldn't afford blood thinking she was doing igbos..

Orisirisi

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by Philipmoon2(m): 7:41am On Nov 22, 2023
The politicians in Nigeria knows how to divide the people, they used their tools (money) to create tribalism thereby destroying our unity and strength. Elections are over, they politicians gained while the masses lost. Just look at every state governor, Reps and senators mismanaging public funds. They are now lions, signing bills that favors them up and down.
Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by cjudy(m): 7:43am On Nov 22, 2023
Their president is from there. They should cry to him
Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by John4B: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2023
Is a pity
Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by Nightwolf1: 8:28am On Nov 22, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
sad eleyi Dapo and that short man in Abia are CURSED,,MISFORTUNE to their people

It's hard to come to terms that your Ogun state governor is such a miserable personality with all that hefty and so much touted IGR, yet nothing to show for it.

Embarrassed by his failure in every sectors of Ogun state economy, your miserable self couldn't cry in your thatched hut alone but attempted to drag in another fellow who is less 6 months on the saddle of leadership with developments tied his name already grin grin

Nevertheless you may continue grinning like a roasted he-goat and feel disoriented that you can't stop thinking about Alex Otti taking Abia state to greater heights which in your weirdest imagination he has to fail like Dapo.

A cretin is naturally useless to humanity.
Homeless sucker! 😋😋

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre by Btruth: 8:48am On Nov 22, 2023
Shame to Dapo Abiodun....he is such a disaster. his name will go down in history as the worst governor Ogun State ever had. Well, that is the problem of having a dullard as a leader. he is one. A man that cannot even read a statement that was drafted for him very well, so what do we expect?
Silly governor.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xeronine: The Secret Of Noni? / . / Where Can I Get My Kidney Sold In Naija: And The Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.