Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO (11903 Views)

Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) / Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman / OpenAI (ChatGPT) Sacks Sam Altman (CEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by spirul77: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2023
Whe you are good at whsr you do.

For permanet cure for weak, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count.
Reach me on what's from my signature.
If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to call me out.
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by Gerrard59(m): 8:50am On Nov 22, 2023
Former Salesforce chief executive Bret Taylor, former US Secretary of the Treasury Larry Summers, and Quora founder Adam D’Angelo will be part of the new board at the AI startup, it said. Taylor will serve as the chair of the board, the startup said

The investors behind OpenAI must be so influential and wealthy to have that man on its board. This means OpenAI is an important company to watch. This is the first time in my follow-up on corporate America, that I have read how the removal of a company's head got so much condemnation from investors and senior employees, and the company quickly rescinded its decision.

4 Likes

Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by sniperwolf(m): 8:58am On Nov 22, 2023
mariovito:
Wow!

Left as staff returns as exec

He left as a CEO and reinstated
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by GreatrAnalyst: 9:10am On Nov 22, 2023
Good news.

Success speaks and your achievements can be a lifesaver.

Meanwhile, the power of those boards should be out on check
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by GreatrAnalyst: 9:16am On Nov 22, 2023
CelestineNelson:
For me it looks more like Microsoft was behind the whole drama.

It couldn't have been Microsoft.
Microsoft has about 49% or so stake in OpenAI.
Microsoft already made move to hire Sam into Microsoft heading AI research and his colleague when the news of his sack came out.

The board even used Google Meet to sack Sam. Microsoft has their own proprietary software which is Team, and wouldn't use Google Meet to hold meeting and sacked the CEO. It couldn't have been Microsoft

2 Likes

Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by GreatrAnalyst: 9:20am On Nov 22, 2023
Gerrard59:

The investors behind OpenAI must be so influential and wealthy to have that man on its board. This means OpenAI is an important company to watch. This is the first time in my follow-up on corporate America, that I have read how the removal of a company's head got so much condemnation from investors and senior employees, and the company quickly rescinded its decision.

Microsoft has about 50% stake.

OpenAI happens to be the first AI company to have 100 million customers fastest... a record period of time which none has come close to.
The innovations coming up are mind blowing almost every month. And many more mind-blowing feats. When a company is doing well, the CEO/leadership must be responsible, and give versa.

It is the reason why 500+ staff members out of the total 700+ said they were going to quit also if Sam is not reinstated as CEO.
That's not normal. That's leadership success which is hard to come by.

Firing an achiever is hard, especially if he or she is the one who built the structure up to date. The company would struggle somehow afterwards, at least for a while.

I already say opinion leaders saying that what happened would spell much doom in AI space and AI companies.

4 Likes

Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by Calitoscassius(m): 9:42am On Nov 22, 2023
Marrtynze:
What thing I still don't understand is how can you be sacked from a company you co-founded? sad
You can be sacked as part of management staff but not as owner, what that means is go sit at home and be a owner not a manager.

Did i make any sense to you?

1 Like

Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:50am On Nov 22, 2023
Calitoscassius:
You can be sacked as part of management staff but not as owner, what that means is go sit at home and be a owner not a manager.

It still do not make sense..as per Nigeria standard na...
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by Calitoscassius(m): 9:55am On Nov 22, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

It still do not make sense..as per Nigeria standard na...
grin well... Naigeria do not have standard.

2 Likes

Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by whitejs: 10:33am On Nov 22, 2023
This guy dey hot 🔥
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by TheBillyonaire: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2023
There is nothing open about Open AI, the company is being run by people acting like a bunch of kids. How do you leave AGI in the hands of childish greed MFs.
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by Blaqputin(m): 11:19am On Nov 22, 2023
mariovito:
Wow!

Left as staff returns as exec

Oh yes, you're right.

Apparently, Microsoft move of hiring him to start another AI company was a move to prevent him from being scooped up by the competition.
He is the competition.
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by sulo167: 11:46am On Nov 22, 2023
I appreciate you writing such a fantastic article. I’m eagerly anticipating your next posts. Visiting this blog is a pleasurable experience. I appreciate you telling me that. fnaf unblocked
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by joinnow: 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2023
Marrtynze:
What thing I still don't understand is how can you be sacked from a company you co-founded? sad

Sometimes, even if you start a company with others, there might be times when things don't work out well between everyone. Imagine you and your friends start a club, but later on, if one friend is not following the club's rules or doing things that upset everyone, the others might decide that person should leave the club. Similarly, in a company, if one of the people who started it isn't doing their job well or is making big problems, the others might decide it's better for them to leave.

1 Like

Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by techtalk123: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2023
Thank you so much as you have been willing to share information with us. We will forever admire all you have done here because you have made my work as easy as ABC.
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by techtalk123: 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2023
Remarkable article, it is particularly useful! I quietly began in this, and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Delights, keep doing more and extra impressive! review capital.com
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by obaidan: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2023
loool
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by Marrtynze(m): 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2023
Ok, makes sense, thanks
Calitoscassius:

Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by Marrtynze(m): 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2023
joinnow:

Sometimes, even if you start a company with others, there might be times when things don't work out well between everyone. Imagine you and your friends start a club, but later on, if one friend is not following the club's rules or doing things that upset everyone, the others might decide that person should leave the club. Similarly, in a company, if one of the people who started it isn't doing their job well or is making big problems, the others might decide it's better for them to leave.
Much clearer now, thanks
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by femi4: 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2023
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by techtalk123: 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit. wedding tent
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by techtalk123: 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2023
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. here
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by techtalk123: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2023
All your hard work is much appreciated. Nobody can stop to admire you. Lots of appreciation. link simontok
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by techtalk123: 11:48am On Jan 08
What is an outstanding post! “I’ll be back” (to read more of your content). Thanks for the nudge! Helena Modrzejewska
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by techtalk123: 8:18pm On Jan 29
I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information. employee motivation and engagement strategies
Re: Sam Altman To Return As OpenAI CEO by techtalk123: 4:03pm On Feb 04
Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. codesignign certificate

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Your Advice And Opinions / Adama Beverages Workers Deny Report Of Mass Sack, Molestation Of Workers / Professional Courses Suitable For A Microbiologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.