Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies (1153 Views)

The Cure To Nollywood's Fallen Standard / Letter To Nollywood / How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies by pucho(m): 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2006
hi all.
i have a couple of friends interested in adding animation ,cgi effects and stunts to nollywood movies.
can anyone hook us up with any producers or are you interested . all interested parties can hop on to the band wagon.
Re: Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies by Seun(m): 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2006
Will Nigerians pay more for a movie with special effects or will such a movie sell enough copies to justify the cost?

1 Like

Re: Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies by eveseh(f): 9:17pm On Apr 12, 2006
well if nigeria work hard on thire movies they are gonna be more than hollywood
so u guys better work hard grin
Re: Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies by omon(m): 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2006
Nwoke:

Will Nigerians pay more for a movie with special effects or will such a movie sell enough copies to justify the cost?

Are you saying Nigerians cannot watch nicely made movies?
Re: Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies by pucho(m): 9:43am On Apr 18, 2006
A nicely done movie with special effects will definately justify it's cost ninstead of the wishiwashi stuff we get to see thse days
Re: Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies by IAH(f): 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2006
I think he's saying that with all the piracy in Nigeria, one might not really break even with a huge budget movie.undecided I heard that even the successful Nigerian movies sell only like a 100,000 copies.
Re: Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies by Seun(m): 9:27pm On Apr 18, 2006
There's nothing wrong with cutting your budget to meet expected revenue. Why should we be spending millions of dollars on movies when we haven't started investing in more fundamental services like power generation? I think it's splendid that we have a system in which you can actually make money from a movie that costs 1 to 2 million naira to produce. This leaves us with capital to invest in more important things.
Re: Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies by omon(m): 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2006
You guys confuse me, why complain about the amount of money we should invest in films when you say all the films produced in Nigeria are quack? If a film is as good as Totsie, won't it generate money within and outside Naija?
Re: Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies by Seun(m): 12:59am On Apr 19, 2006
I am not "you guys". I am Nwoke and I believe that Nollywood is ok, though I don't watch their movies.
Re: Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies by pucho(m): 12:47pm On Apr 20, 2006
then why dont we strive to change it thats what i am clamouring for. as i always say a good product will always sell itself.
Re: Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies by cammax7(m): 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2006
hey Pucho,
I'm interested in "joining the bandwagon". I think its a brilliant idea you ad your guys have. I can write scripts and brew story lines. what do u say?
Re: Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies by pucho(m): 11:37am On Apr 24, 2006
cool bro please send me an email and i'll keep you posted on developements. shundiggs@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Horror Trailer: What D'you Think? / Dear Nollywood: On The Matter Of Your Plot Devices..... / Top 15 Movies That you must see before 2014 ends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.