Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman (12148 Views)

Salihu Lukman: How Fani-Kayode’s Defection To APC Was Stalled / Buhari Will Not Accept Femi Fani-Kayode As APC Member - Dr Salihu Lukman lPGF DG / Salihu Lukman: Buhari Has Finally Rescued Himself From Party Godfathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Racoon(m): 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2023
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and APC chairman Abdullahi Ganduje attends The National Executive Committee (NEC) of the All Progressives Congress at the Congress Hall of Transcorp Hilton in Abuja… PHOTO: Twitter/DOlusegun

The former national vice chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr Salihu Lukman says the party is now at the level of the opposition peoples democratic party (PDP) when former president Olusegun Obasanjo held sway between 1999 -2007.

Lukman in a piece titled: “The Cancer Destroying Nigerian Democracy” argued that six months since the emergence of President Asiwaju Tinubu, what is very clear is that his commitment to the development of the APC as a political party may only be guaranteed to the extent that the party will give him what he wants.

He contended that unless political parties are compelled to respect their rules based on which organs of the parties are allowed to function, problems of manipulation of political contests through imposition, vote buying and rigging would continue.

He noted: “It is almost a return to the old PDP model of party organisation under former President Olusegun Obasanjo with the requirement of 100% loyalty. Without any attempt to reopen old wounds, the requirement for 100% loyalty was responsible for the graveyard silence internally within the APC when Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje was proposed by President Asiwaju Tinubu as National Chairman.

“After Dr. Ganduje’s successful emergence, there is also graveyard silence even when Dr. Ganduje continued with the practice of freezing structures of the party. No meetings of organs are taking place almost four months after the emergence of Dr. Ganduje as the APC National Chairman. He said given such ugly reality, it should only be expected that the culture of manipulating political contests through imposition, vote buying, rigging would become entrenched in APC.

He added: “Like the case in PDP in 2007, it may grow to the point whereby almost all APC candidates for 2027 elections may be produced through imposition. Unless we want to lie to ourselves, as things are, culture of manipulating political contests through imposition, vote buying, rigging, etc.

“In APC has reached the point where PDP was in 2007. Recall that on May 29, 2007, late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua while delivering his inaugural address to the nation, acknowledged that the election that brought him to power had shortcomings and undertook to ‘set up a panel to examine the entire electoral process with a view to ensuring that we raise the quality and standard of our general elections, and thereby deepen our democracy.”

He stressed that any proposal for electoral reform in the country must therefore include stronger regulatory framework for the operations of political parties in the country.

He added: “If INEC is not to be unbundled to produce Political Parties Regulatory Commission as proposed by the Justice Uwais panel, then it should be strengthened to regulate the conducts of political parties in the country, include getting parties to respect their own rules.

“So long as political parties in Nigeria are allowed to operate in a lawless manner, the problems of manipulating political contests would continue and the ‘challeng of unscramble the nexus connecting technical to politically motivated failures with a view to enhancing the integrity of elections in the country’ will continue to elude us as nation.

“At another level, being loyal APC members, we must also appeal to all APC leaders, especially President Asiwaju Tinubu to resist the temptation of overindulging themselves with the false belief that they could continue to succeed to impose their choices on Nigerians. APC leaders must be humble enough to as much as possible bring themselves down to the levels of ordinary Nigerians and have a more listening ear.

“Inability to listen and have the needed humility to meet the expectation of Nigerians will strengthen the belief of leaders in unethical practices of manipulating political contests. As our Christians brothers and sisters would say, may this not be our portion in APC.”

https://guardian.ng/news/apc-tinubu-using-obasanjos-template-of-loyalty-to-rule-says-lukman/?utm_term=Autofeed&echobox=twitter_post&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1700572055

2 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by STEWpid(f): 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2023
Chai..

...worthy precedence!

2 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Tntsi: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2023
The problem in our nation is not about what tinubu does with apc or what meeting or that meeting.

The dearth in the land is not about who is appointed or who is not appointed.

The dearth in the land is caused by the desecration of the ancient landmark of the nation set by fathers.
Even if tinubu and his gang import bill gates, elon musk , okonji iwela or even angels, they will crash . Nothing will come out from tinubu and his criminal gang.

You can't compare obasanjo or any of the leaders to tinubu. None of them desecrated the ancient land mark of the nation.
The land has been terribly desecrated and the consequences are terrible.
The land has been made impotent by these evil desecrators.

Tinubu in his desperate quest for grab power by all means has plunged Nigeria into hell.
He and his gang are operating on a cursed mandate. That is why you see the dryness in the land.

The only way out of the mess is for the desecrators to get out. They are a curse to the land of our nation. The altar of the needs to be repaired for the land to prosper.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Racoon(m): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2023
See what political sycophancy and impunity have turned the polity into thereby creating political tyrannts as long as their loyalty to the center is assured.

5 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by marenx: 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2023
Did Buhari's administration ignore the culture of imposition? Is Buhari's apology enough? You the dominant tribes are the issue. If Hausa/Fulani did this, Yoruba will do the same and Igbos won't be left behind.

10 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Galele0: 6:00am On Nov 23, 2023
Fact
Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by veekid(m): 6:00am On Nov 23, 2023
That is not my problem....
my problem is my sister left twin girls with me. I was feeding one and i took a break to read the comments a little, now I don't know which one has eaten😅😂

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:00am On Nov 23, 2023
Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by atobs4real(m): 6:01am On Nov 23, 2023
They don start again ooo

2 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by 4tomandchi: 6:01am On Nov 23, 2023
Pain, Sorrow, Hunger and poverty that what APC has brought upon Nigerians.

APC is an EVIL party.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Omobude244: 6:05am On Nov 23, 2023
veekid:
my problem is my sister left twin girls with me. I was feeding one and i took a break to read the comments a little, now I don't know which one has eaten😅😂
this is not funny and i wonder what is making u to laugh urself

11 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by theophorus(m): 6:05am On Nov 23, 2023
Could this be a form of Lamentations?

Well, all men with their own strategy Sha.
Develop and use your own strategy but no forget say everything get their own effect.
Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Charliewyt: 6:07am On Nov 23, 2023
Politics of eye-service.

2 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by oyeb15: 6:08am On Nov 23, 2023
The world bank policy Obasanjo could not foster on Nigeria because of strong NLC under Osiomole, Tinubu and Okonjo Iweala are now working tirelessly to make Nigeria poorer everyday.

4 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Kingozymandias(m): 6:11am On Nov 23, 2023
Talking plenty but saying nothing

2 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Lumig: 6:11am On Nov 23, 2023
grin
Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Passionnn: 6:13am On Nov 23, 2023
Only a drastic revolution can save Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by bewla(m): 6:14am On Nov 23, 2023
Ok
Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Kukutente23: 6:14am On Nov 23, 2023
veekid:
How exactly is this funny

Salihu Lukman should rest with all this newspaper inquisition. He and his principal should realise there's no room for them in APC anymore and they can't play the moralist because they are as guilty as the next person in how the country and the political terrain has turned out.
I'm sure no one of note in the APC ladder reads his monologue to even give him a reply, except maybe for comic relief.
Him and his principal made their beds, they should lie in it jejely

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by bewla(m): 6:15am On Nov 23, 2023
Kingozymandias:
Talking plenty but saying nothing
means
Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by kerry57: 6:17am On Nov 23, 2023
I agree to an extent. But obj na shop and I shop

1 Like

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by money121(m): 6:20am On Nov 23, 2023
Ok
Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Biola67: 6:20am On Nov 23, 2023
bewla:
means
forgetaboutit

2 Likes

Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by toxxnoni(m): 6:22am On Nov 23, 2023
Nov
Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by bewla(m): 6:24am On Nov 23, 2023
Biola67:

forgetaboutit
Boju
Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Nahunger(m): 6:24am On Nov 23, 2023
grin
Re: APC, Tinubu Using Obasanjo’s Template Of Loyalty To Rule - Dr Salihu Lukman by Lanre1st(m): 6:26am On Nov 23, 2023
This man is still nursing bitterness of resignation, nobody force him to resign, he resigned voluntarily to protest the emergency of Danguje. He’s addressing press here and there pointing out flaws in the party to get attention and remain relevant

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Middle Belt Youths, Cleric Declare Support For Jonathan’s Re-election / Court Order On Reversal Of Electricity Tariff May Lead To Loss Of 10,000 Jobs / Assembly Begins Yari’s Impeachment As DSS Arrests Speaker, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.