Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo (707 Views)

Man Sets Wife Ablaze In Ogun For Washing His Clothes Instead Of Giving Him Food / How 5 ‘money Doublers’ Engaged Lady In Marathon Sex In Guise To Make Her Rich / Is She Trying To Use My Details For Fraud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo by Royaltyy: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2023
He created a thread on the 6th of this month that he wants to give out loan to just 5 people who needs it for business (thread is now closed). Due to my unemployment status, I decide to give it a try and use the 100k I request for to start a little business in my area. To cut the long story short, the collected my details like, BVN, NIN, Nepal Bill, Selfie, Bank Details and my phone number. Now, he has blocked me after I provided all these details he requested, which prompted me to do a quick search for his number on Nairaland, and this led me to threads where numerous people called him out to be a scammer.

Tho, he didn't collect a dime from me, but he has blocked me. Hope he's not trying to use my details to collect a big loan from loan firm. Someone please advice me on what to do so as not to get into trouble now or later. This is his number 07017662788, beware of him guys..
Re: Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo by 1TrippleCee: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2023
He will use it to collect a loan from a loan firm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo by FarmBusinessNG: 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2023
He will use your I'd to apply for a loan. This is what to do. Go to the bank you registered the BVN details and tell them so they temporarily suspend any loan applications on your BVN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo by obiekunie01: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2023
Royaltyy:

run to the nearest police station and make a report showing screenshot prove of conversation with him.
Re: Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo by Royaltyy: 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2023
obiekunie01:

run to the nearest police station and make a report showing screenshot prove of conversation with him.

Alright, I will do that asap.. thanks alot
Re: Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo by SIXTEENTH(m): 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2023
FarmBusinessNG:
He will use your I'd to apply for a loan. This is what to do. Go to the bank you registered the BVN details and tell them so they temporarily suspend any loan applications on your BVN

I think this the best steps and actions to follow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo by Mhizzard(m): 11:05am On Nov 23, 2023
You go pay back loan you don't apply for tire
Re: Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo by JasonNOTStatham: 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2023
Royaltyy:

Alright, I will do that asap.. thanks alot
Identity scam
Re: Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo by Royaltyy: 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2023
JasonNOTStatham:
Identity scam

What else can I do bro, the guy have successfully scam someone of 25k here on Nairaland, and the bank account used for that transaction has my name on it. The person is already calling him out with my name being published? Please help... How do I track this guy?
Re: Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo by JasonNOTStatham: 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2023
Royaltyy:

What else can I do bro, the guy have successfully scam someone of 25k here on Nairaland, and the bank account used for that transaction has my name on it. The person is already calling him out with my name being published? Please help... How do I track this guy?
Chances are slim as you are chasing a false image of yourself... Trying to delete or deactivate BVN is also suspicious, hence frustrating... This is something of quality professional (like FBI or strong customer service rep.) can handle, not someone that would randomly DM you.
Re: Please Help, A Scammer Collected My Details In Guise Of Giving Out Loans And Blo by Royaltyy: 6:18pm On Dec 11, 2023
JasonNOTStatham:
Chances are slim as you are chasing a false image of yourself... Trying to delete or deactivate BVN is also suspicious, hence frustrating... This is something of quality professional (like FBI or strong customer service rep.) can handle, not someone that would randomly DM you.

I will visit the police next... Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Boy Bragging To His Friends About R*ping A Girl / Ugly Experience With Police In Delta Yesterday / Kidnappers In Aba Target School Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.