Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,901 members, 7,859,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle (482 Views)

After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity / Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by adeyemidamilola: 5:03am On Nov 23, 2023
Residents of Egbeda community in Kobape, Obafemi/Owode local government area of Ogun State, were filled with joy, as a private company recently supplied them with a transformer to end the 12 years of darkness in the community making electricity a reality to the people.
Read more

https://dapoabiodun.ng/ogun-community-gets-electricity-after-12-years-wait/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by CaptainAyub: 5:03am On Nov 23, 2023
So e get where ordinary electricity no dey for the Suffersticated land of Ogun?

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by crossfm: 5:04am On Nov 23, 2023
Nigeria is a big joke.

For 12 years a community have been in darkness and they have a government there.

I don't blame these useless politicians,but the masses. With everything the useless politicians throw at us we still vote for them.

I believe this community have been voting for the past 12 years and they have been in darkness all through this 12 years.

The most annoying thing is that at last it wasn't the government that solved their electricity problem,but a private company, shame.

These situations is not peculiar to Ogun state, but throughout Nigeria.

Bad roads,no electricity,lack of water and insecurity yet these people still vote for their oppressors every 4 years.

These politicians know Nigerians are gullible,just share cups of rice to them and boom you will see them voting for their oppressors,and they will never see them again until another 4 years,and the circle continues.

Nigeria won't change until the masses are ready to make some sacrifice. Reject their rice and money and make the right choice. If you don't want to reject it, collect it and still make the right choice.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by bennybuhari: 5:25am On Nov 23, 2023
Na the governor get this yanmayanma blog?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by Emergingnation(m): 5:39am On Nov 23, 2023
CaptainAyub:
So e get where ordinary electricity no dey for the Suffersticated land of Ogun?
This people are the most backwards in this contraptions.. grin

They're ahead of the north in backwardness.. grin

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by Bahamas95(m): 5:54am On Nov 23, 2023
The second commenter has already said my mind, I have nothing else to say.

The masses are the architect of their suffering.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by abdeefggh: 8:05am On Nov 23, 2023
Emergingnation:
This people are the most backwards in this contraptions.. grin

They're ahead of the north in backwardness.. grin

So you are saying there is light everywhere in anambra??

Suffering and smiling grin
Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by Okanatansiike: 8:21am On Nov 23, 2023
abdeefggh:

So you are saying there is light everywhere in anambra??

Suffering and smiling grin

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by igwebuike01: 8:44am On Nov 23, 2023
They are all claiming Lagos when their communities have zero government presence

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by igwebuike01: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2023
crossfm:
Nigeria is a big joke.

For 12 years a community have been in darkness and they have a government there.

I don't blame these useless politicians,but the masses. With everything the useless politicians throw at us we still vote for them.

I believe this community have been voting for the past 12 years and they have been in darkness all through this 12 years.

The most annoying thing is that at last it wasn't the government that solved their electricity problem,but a private company, shame.

These situations is not peculiar to Ogun state, but throughout Nigeria.

Bad roads,no electricity,lack of water and insecurity yet these people still vote for their oppressors every 4 years.

These politicians know Nigerians are gullible,just share cups of rice to them and boom you will see them voting for their oppressors,and they will never see them again until another 4 years,and the circle continues.

Nigeria won't change until the masses are ready to make some sacrifice. Reject their rice and money and make the right choice. If you don't want to reject it, collect it and still make the right choice.
Any community that stays one week without electricity in Igboland the news will take over all social media and the governor will be put to shame. Unlike the West where they hid their backwardness and deceive themselves with Lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by Dest8sman: 9:01am On Nov 23, 2023
I went to Iwo town sometime ago and they didn't have a single borehole there, not even the hand operated one. They drank well water. I spent four days there, and when I returned, I contracted acute maleria. Yorubas are the most backward tribe both in and out. They just use false claims and reverse psychology to cover their asses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by Dmama1991: 11:38am On Nov 23, 2023
This sadwest region

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by Faiththatworks(m): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2023
It seems shame is a very scarce commodity in Nigeria,because if it is not scarce how can this type of news be carried by the governor's blogsite
Sometimes there are certain leaders that needs to be asked serious questions,I still believe that there is enough time to make amends
If people in this community can wait for 12 years,it means there are some communities in Ogun state that will wait till eternity to ever get any government presence
I still appeal to the Ogun State government to please look towards Ogun Waterside LGA,the place needs government presence
Communities such as Lupefun,Lomitoto and Ode Omi need government presence
It shares boundaries with Ibeju Lekki LGA and Ondo State
It is a place that will greatly benefit the state in respect of IGR if well exploited
If you are interested in getting a property in this great community which is just 40 minutes to Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub, click the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/7905627/introducing-strongtower-estate-ode-omi#126875204

1 Like

Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by Paraman: 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2023
I'm happy for the people of Kobape
Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by Osoboshi: 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
igwebuike01:

Any community that stays one week without electricity in Igboland the news will take over all social media and the governor will be put to shame. Unlike the West where they hid their backwardness and deceive themselves with Lagos
bro stop deceiving urself where I stay in the east we go months without light
Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by Guyman01: 3:04pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ronu oooo, I can't believe that people in some parts of Ogun state have not seen electricity in 12 years, meanwhile most of their people are in Lagos threatening Igbos and claiming ownership of Lagos
Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by Sadwaste: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
Lol, after 12 years It's indeed a sadwaste situation grin grin
Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by Sadwaste: 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2023
Dest8sman:
I went to Iwo town sometime ago and they didn't have a single borehole there, not even the hand operated one. They drank well water. I spent four days there, and when I returned, I contracted acute maleria. Yorubas are the most backward tribe both in and out. They just use false claims and reverse psychology to cover their asses.

💯.
The entire rot is hidden behind Lagos, our national heritage grin grin
Re: Ogun Community Gets Electricity After 12 Years Wait Of Struggle by happney65: 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
Faiththatworks:
It seems shame is a very scarce commodity in Nigeria,because if it is not scarce how can this type of news be carried by the governor's blogsite
Sometimes there are certain leaders that needs to be asked serious questions,I still believe that there is enough time to make amends
If people in this community can wait for 12 years,it means there are some communities in Ogun state that will wait till eternity to ever get any government presence
I still appeal to the Ogun State government to please look towards Ogun Waterside LGA,the place needs government presence
Communities such as Lupefun,Lomitoto and Ode Omi need government presence
It shares boundaries with Ibeju Lekki LGA and Ondo State
It is a place that will greatly benefit the state in respect of IGR if well exploited
If you are interested in getting a property in this great community which is just 40 minutes to Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub, click the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/7905627/introducing-strongtower-estate-ode-omi#126875204

The blog might not be known to the Govornor or his team. Na one werey go create that name used it. If it were dapoabiodun.com it would have been another case entirely.

And Yes,there are lots and lots of communities like that Nationwide. Rural areas,new and developing areas etc. Go to the hinterland. You go fear fear

(1) (Reply)

Politically, If We Are To PROGRESS, We Have To Start Asking The Right Questions! / Nigeria Poor? Unable 2 Pay Subsidies? But Rich Enough 2 Pay Politicians Billions / NLC Suspends Protests After Eating Biscuits And Drinking Police Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.