Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Is This The Hardest Expression In The Scripture ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This The Hardest Expression In The Scripture ? (163 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Hardest Expression In The Scripture ? by Snakedoctor1: 7:52am On Nov 23, 2023
The verse in Exodus 33:18 has been given different renditions and at times beaten out if proportion by especially heathen. What us the real meaning?

"I will bless whom I will bless and I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy"
Re: Is This The Hardest Expression In The Scripture ? by immortalcrown(m): 8:21am On Nov 23, 2023
Snakedoctor1:
The verse in Exodus 33:18 has been given different renditions and at times beaten out if proportion by especially heathen. What us the real meaning?

"I will bless whom I will bless and I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy"
Nothing is hard in the expression.
Re: Is This The Hardest Expression In The Scripture ? by FRANELCLINIC: 9:20am On Nov 23, 2023
Snakedoctor1:

That verse is to be understood in the context of other related verses:

(1) God told Abraham that he will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel.

(2) God told the Israelites that he will punish the evil descendants of their evil forefathers, but will show mercy to those who love him, and to their descendants if they too keep loving him.

The basic idea is that God doesn't have to explain to us a reason for his actions. He alone has all the facts, and he always acts in harmony with complete justice. If we feel like an injustice is being done, it is because there are things we are failing to consider, things that will make us agree with God's actions if we had considered them. But he is under no obligation to tell us what those things are as if he had to justify his actions.
What we have come to know from his Word should be enough to convince us that he never acts unjustly.
In all the vast universe, numerous are the things requiring God's involvement besides giving his attention to this comparatively tiny earth. Better it is for us to understand our place in his arrangement, cooperate with it, and trust in him to do what is right.

Thus, to urge us not be unduly worried about what is of no concern to us personally, God tells us that he will show mercy and compassion to whomever he wishes to.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Hardest Expression In The Scripture ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2023
Snakedoctor1:

That is because they never see that God Said this to stop Moses from speaking foolishly when Moses was trying to beg God to forgive those idiots who went worshiping the golden calf and even insulted (blasphemed) God that it was the golden calf which brought them out of Egypt and not God.

So how can God forgive them?

Of which Moses was now trying to stop God and even telling God to kill him rather than punishing them not caring that God will never harm an innocent person.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Hardest Expression In The Scripture ? by Snakedoctor1: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2023
FRANELCLINIC:

That verse is to be understood in the context of other related verses:

(1) God told Abraham that he will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel.

(2) God told the Israelites that he will punish the evil descendants of their evil forefathers, but will show mercy to those who love him, and to their descendants if they too keep loving him.

The basic idea is that God doesn't have to explain to us a reason for his actions. He alone has all the facts, and he always acts in harmony with complete justice. If we feel like an injustice is being done, it is because there are things we are failing to consider, things that will make us agree with God's actions if we had considered them. But he is under no obligation to tell us what those things are as if he had to justify his actions.
What we have come to know from his Word should be enough to convince us that he never acts unjustly.
In all the vast universe, numerous are the things requiring God's involvement besides giving his attention to this comparatively tiny earth. Better it is for us to understand our place in his arrangement, cooperate with it, and trust in him to do what is right.

Thus, to urge us not be unduly worried about what is of no concern to us personally, God tells us that he will show mercy and compassion to whomever he wishes to.

Thanks for this explanation
Re: Is This The Hardest Expression In The Scripture ? by orisa37: 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2023
THAT IS WHY HE WARNED US IN HIS LAWS THAT WE MUST NEVER BE JEALOUS OF HIM AND LIKE HIM AT ALL.
Re: Is This The Hardest Expression In The Scripture ? by orisa37: 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2023
THAT IS WHY HE WARNED US IN HIS LAWS THAT WE MUST NEVER BE JEALOUS OF HIM AND LIKE HIM AT ALL.

GOD CAN KILL ANYONE OF US BY OURSELVES FOR OURSELVES BUT WE MUST NOT KILL OURSELVES.
GOD CAN STEAL YOUR MONEY FOR YOUR SERVANT BUT YOU CANNOT STEAL YOUR SERVANT'S MONEY FOR GOD.

(1) (Reply)

How Some Muslims Joined In Celebrating Christmas / Spiritual Battle Between AJE NLA And Other Spiritualist / Pastor John Anosike Instructs Congregation: January Salaries Belong To Him,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.