Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? (2166 Views)

Does God Exist? / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2023
Is there God ?
Apart from the holy book can you prove this?
Which is the true religion Muslim or christian?
Is there heaven or hell where bad people go?
Lastly Nothing like karma 💯

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 11:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
Nothing of such when we're first born

All of these Identities are given to us by our parents or guardian

I'm confused

But what I'm sure of is there's no karma
You can't convince me otherwise

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by actoor(m): 11:06pm On Mar 30, 2023
Yes.
Sleeping and waking up is a Miracle and miracle is from God alone.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by peter0071(m): 11:17pm On Mar 30, 2023
Outside the scripture, even our traditions point out clearly that there is a Being that supercedes all. Taking a look at creations, they are all pointers that there is a creator

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
Heroicvic:
Is there God ?
You can't prove the existence of the Christian God to a third-party because it is made known in His Gospel that that will never happen.
38 Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law answered Jesus. They said, “Teacher, we want to see you do a miracle as a sign from God.”
39 Jesus answered, “Evil and sinful people are the ones who want to see a miracle as a sign. But no miracle will be done to prove anything to them. The only sign will be the miracle that happened to the prophet Jonah.
40 Jonah was in the stomach of the big fish for three days and three nights. In the same way, the Son of Man will be in the grave three days and three nights. - Matthew 12 vs 38 - 40
3 And in the morning, if the sky is dark and red, you say that it will be a rainy day. These are signs of the weather. You see these signs in the sky and know what they mean. In the same way, you see the things that are happening now. These are also signs, but you don’t know their meaning.
4 It is the evil and sinful people who want to see a miracle as a sign from God. But no miracle will be done to prove anything to them. The only sign will be the miracle that happened to Jonah.” Then Jesus went away from there. - Matthew 16 vs 3 - 4
11 The Pharisees came to Jesus and asked him questions. They wanted to test him. So they asked him to do a miracle as a sign from God.
12 Jesus sighed deeply and said, “Why do you people ask to see a miracle as a sign? I want you to know that no miracle will be done to prove anything to you.”
13 Then Jesus left them and went in the boat to the other side of the lake. - Mark 8 vs 11 - 13
29 The crowd grew larger and larger. Jesus said, “The people who live today are evil. They ask for a miracle as a sign from God. But no miracle will be done to prove anything to them. The only sign will be the miracle that happened to Jonah.
30 Jonah was a sign for those who lived in Nineveh. It is the same with the Son of Man. He will be a sign for the people of this time. - Luke 11 vs 29 - 30
If you have ever in fact read the book for yourself, you would know this but I guess it is merely ok to create these questions that are pretty much timewasters than spend time actually reading through to get a good grasp of what is in fact written of GOd, right? undecided
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by tommy589(m): 11:40pm On Mar 30, 2023
Not that I am religious but sometimes I receive some interesting intervention when I thought it could no longer be done. So, I believe a supreme force is sometimes involve in human affairs

I believe in reincarnation not hell

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Westerhoffe(m): 12:12am On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:
Is there God ?

1. Jeremiah 23 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²³ Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?
²⁴ Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

Isaiah 45 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
⁶ That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
⁷ I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
⁸ Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
⁹ Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

2. All you see around you, including you, are the handiwork of this same GOD, whose existence you're questioning.

3. There is no true religion.
There is only a Way of Salvation, which is only found in Jesus Christ the Son of the Living GOD.
All religions are either Satan or human inspired. Hence, whoever is made proselyte in them is made to believe theirs only is the right religion. That is why religion will only make you an hypocrite.

4. Yes.
There is a place of rest for the souls who are found worthy to return to GOD.
And there is a place where defiled souls are banished to, till the day of Judgment.

5. Karma might be termed vengeance. But if GOD did not permit it, you'd see the wicked flourish all their lives. Though, their wickedness we'll be requited of them, but that does not spare their seeds an escape from what their 'fathers' had done. Vengeance might be slow, but it might come.
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:39am On Mar 31, 2023
Westerhoffe:

1. Jeremiah 23 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

You shouldn't have bothered for he is the definition of a closed mind

"I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it."
Douglas Adams

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:44am On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:
Is there God ?

1) Yes! Law and Lawbooks and history books.

2) you can see here that Muslims are very desperate I trying to hang their book to the Bible, that should clearly tell you that the Bible is the One.

3) life on earth has already shown that hell visits evil people.
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Urheadmaster(m): 1:35am On Mar 31, 2023
There's no God but imagination of what we believe in
actoor:
Yes.

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by mysticwarrior(m): 1:40am On Mar 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You can't prove the existence of the Christian God to a third-party because it is made known in His Gospel that that will never happen. ...
If you have ever in fact read the book for yourself, you would know this but I guess it is merely ok to create these questions that are pretty much timewasters than spend time actually reading through to get a good grasp of what is in fact written of GOd, right? undecided
Kobo you don start again.
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:05am On Mar 31, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

2) you can see here that Muslims are very desperate I trying to hang their book to the Bible, that should clearly tell you that the Bible is the One.

You don't have a point
Evil people enjoy the most

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:06am On Mar 31, 2023
peter0071:
Outside the scripture, even our traditions point out clearly that there is a Being that supercedes all. Taking a look at creations, they are all pointers that there is a creator

Science states otherwise

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:10am On Mar 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You can't prove the existence of the Christian God to a third-party because it is made known in His Gospel that that will never happen. ...

I'm a Christian and I know the bible, I guess so are you too
But all these are introduced after birth

I just recently moved to a Muslim community and I must confess that they're are just as holy as a good Christian

Does it mean all these people are going to hell if it truly exist ?

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:11am On Mar 31, 2023
Urheadmaster:
There's no God but imagination of what we believe in

Seconded
And karma too, this karma is just spun around by religious bodies to keep the world at check using our conscience

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:13am On Mar 31, 2023
actoor:
Yes.

Or so they made you believe
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by peter0071(m): 7:28am On Mar 31, 2023
what does science state?
Heroicvic:

Science states otherwise
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 7:29am On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:
Is there God ?
No

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 7:31am On Mar 31, 2023
actoor:
Yes.
No. Sleeping and waking up aint a miracle. There's a part of the brain that controls circadian rhythm and thus alerts your brain. It is connected to your Reticular Activating System(also in your brain)
Also no, there's nothing like supernatural, and of course, nothing like a god

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 7:34am On Mar 31, 2023
peter0071:
1. Those ancient folks believed that deities created natural disasters and fertility. They were ignorant and decided to say a god did it. Now science made us know better
2. Are you saying Eledumare, Chukwu, Thor are the same as Yahweh?

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2023
tommy589:
Not that I am religious but sometimes I receive some interesting intervention when I thought it could no longer be done. So, I believe a supreme force is sometimes involve in human affairs

Same way you can receive a supremely disheartening bad luck. Life works either way, bro. Sometimes luck or chance happens

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by peter0071(m): 7:40am On Mar 31, 2023
anyway, opinion is free... you can decide to believe that they are ignorant in their belief... i do believe that they are not ignorant... and they are wise in their belief system. God exist
jaephoenix:

1. Those ancient folks believed that deities created natural disasters and fertility. They were ignorant and decided to say a god did it. Now science made us know better
2. Are you saying Eledumare, Chukwu, Thor are the same as Yahweh?
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 7:42am On Mar 31, 2023
Westerhoffe:

1. Jeremiah 23 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²³ Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?
²⁴ Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

Isaiah 45 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
⁶ That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
⁷ I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
⁸ Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
⁹ Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

2. All you see around you, including you, are the handiwork of this same GOD, whose existence you're questioning.

There is only a Way of Salvation, which is only found in Jesus Christ the Son of the Living GOD.
All religions are either Satan or human inspired. Hence, whoever is made proselyte in them is made to believe theirs only is the right religion. That is why religion will only make you an hypocrite.

4. Yes.
There is a place of rest for the souls who are found worthy to return to GOD.
And there is a place where defiled souls are banished to, till the day of Judgment.

5. Karma might be termed vengeance. But if GOD did not permit it, you'd see the wicked flourish all their lives. Though, their wickedness we'll be requited of them, but that does not spare their seeds an escape from what their 'fathers' had done. Vengeance might be slow, but it might come.
1. Someone asks for evidence of Yahweh outside the bible, and you instantly procede to quote copiously from the same Bible. Whoa
2. What god are you talking about specifically? Flying Spaghetti Monster?
There is only a Way of Salvation, which is only found in the Noodly Limbs of the Flying Spaghetti Monster .
4. Yes.
There is a place of rest for the souls who are found worthy to return to Flying Spaghetti Monster .
And there is a place where defiled souls are banished to, till the Pasta King returns.

5. Karma might be termed vengeance. But if Flying Spaghetti Monster did not permit it, you'd see the wicked flourish all their lives. Though, their wickedness we'll be requited of them, but that does not spare their seeds an escape from what their 'fathers' had done. Vengeance might be slow, but it might come.
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by HellVictorinho7: 7:42am On Mar 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

Same way you can receive a supremely disheartening bad luck. Life works either way, bro. Sometimes luck or chance happens
the world has no purpose.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 7:45am On Mar 31, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

1. Which law and law books, sir?
2. Actually, Christianity copied from the Epic of Gilgamesh and other ancient scrolls. Islam copied from Christianity
3. You love this your hell narrative.
I know lovely cusses await me so lemme gladly accept them before you start muttering them grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 7:46am On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:

You don't have a point
Evil people enjoy the most
Dont mind the guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 7:47am On Mar 31, 2023
Heroicvic:

I'm a Christian and I know the bible, I guess so are you too
But all these are introduced after birth

I just recently moved to a Muslim community and I must confess that they're are just as holy as a good Christian

Does it mean all these people are going to hell if it truly exist ?

Careful bro. You're one step away from being agnostic or even atheistic grin

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by jaephoenix(m): 7:47am On Mar 31, 2023
peter0071:
what does science state?
Science doesn't believe we were created

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:51am On Mar 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

Careful bro. You're one step away from being agnostic or even atheistic grin

Guess there's no one who can answer the question without referring to their qoran or bible

What if you being a Christian is wrong all these while and the Muslim are right, does it all Christian are all going to hell? Or vice versa

Okay if I'm neutral will I still go to hell ?
Which kain wahala be this
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by peter0071(m): 7:51am On Mar 31, 2023
in the same way, science admitted that the red sea was once divided but couldn't explain what and how it happened

in the same way, science admitted that there was once a time that the earth stopped rotating clockwise, but went anticlockwise but couldn't explain the reasons behind it.

science is still growing... so many theories and submissions by Science is always being disproved by others in the future.

science once told you that the earth is flat... the same science later told you that the earth is now spherical
jaephoenix:

Science doesn't believe we were created
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:51am On Mar 31, 2023
There are numerous religions claiming they're worshipers of God. Within those claiming Christians alone there is over 41,000 different sects with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines yet all claiming they trust (believe) in the book called "Bible"

So your question is really thought provoking but do you honestly like to know the answer or you're just out to condemn all religions?

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses, let's see how we can both figure out the one and only true religion in the world that's filled with deception and lies!

Heroicvic:
Is there God ?

Heroicvic:

Nothing of such when we're first born
All of these Identities are given to us by our parents or guardian
I'm confused
But what I'm sure of is there's no karma
You can't convince me otherwise
Re: Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? by Heroicvic(m): 7:53am On Mar 31, 2023
tommy589:

If you're born into Buddhist temple
You won't reason like this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Qu'ran & Hadits (a Distiction) / Reasons Why Gospel Music Sales Are Down. / Calling Out Atheist!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.