Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free (31198 Views)

This Is For Agric Students And Farmers Who Want To Earn 7 Figures Income / Worldโ€™s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At ยฃ367,500 / Need To Buy Cattle, Sheep And Goats For New Farm At Epe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by Hassanmaye(m): 9:47am On Nov 24, 2023
richiemcgold:
Can't they ship them down here in Nigeria?
Haha
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by Blackdisciple(m): 10:24am On Nov 24, 2023
They should ship them to Nigeria
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:41am On Nov 24, 2023
It should be expected one day, since Australia is the world's largest breeder of sheep,producer and exporter of mutton and wool.
Moreover the farmers and other stakeholders have fought a long battle in dealing with dingoes since colonial days, which have been a plague on Australian sheep industry.
Dingo is a carnivore of the dog family Canidae,a close cousin of domestic dogs, which hunts in packs, preying on kangaroos, possums,birds, monitor lizards,rodents, other small marsupials, and it is notorious for raiding sheep farms in Australia.
Farmers have fought with this nuisance for a while and managed to greatly checkmate with physical control methods like shooting on sight, maximum security fencing with tight wire gauze, poisoning,use of sheep dogs to herd sheep flocks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by jclassiq(m): 10:47am On Nov 24, 2023
richiemcgold:
At whose cost?
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by Ubanz: 10:54am On Nov 24, 2023
It has been their main stock in trade for ages. And major revenue earner.
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by ogbuduyeke: 10:56am On Nov 24, 2023
Good day guys please I need a confirmation from any one here or Any Australia basa Nigerian or Aussie citizen.i would like to know if there are snakes everywhere in Australia ,like the streets in Aussie ,houses and in truth are there snakes everywhere in Australia.i have phobia for snakes oo unlike in Nigeria u cannot see snakes everywhere except in the bush and it is very rare.Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by HenryWilliams(m): 11:38am On Nov 24, 2023
kelvindj98:
Australia and the over abundance of animals. From rats to wild pigs, to rabbits to spiders to snakes, and now sheeps.

It's a continent with very little human population.. just like Canada.
Almost 85% of the country is uninhabited by humans but perfect for animals like Sheep, cattle etc . Rabbits were introduced two centuries ago.. now they number in the hundreds of millions
A good idea would be to ship them down to Africa but the cost would be astronomical.
New Zealand too has similar problems tho they are trying hard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by HenryWilliams(m): 11:39am On Nov 24, 2023
ogbuduyeke:
Good day guys please I need a confirmation from any one here or Any Australia basa Nigerian or Aussie citizen.i would like to know if there are snakes everywhere in Australia ,like the streets in Aussie ,houses and in truth are there snakes everywhere in Australia.i have phobia for snakes oo unlike in Nigeria u cannot see snakes everywhere except in the bush and it is very rare.Thank you.

Yes. Snakes are very predominant in Australia. Trey also have excellent snake bite serum facilities all across the county..so snake bite fatalities are very rare unless you're bitten in the outback hundreds of miles from civilization.
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2023
richiemcgold:
or Saudi Arabia
They need it more there Dan Nigeria
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by godofuck231: 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2023
And Tinubu is looking for s yacht to fvck baby remi
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by ComeToJesus: 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
Is a sheep different from a ram? What's the taste of mutton like?
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by Omoawoke2(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
Visiting this country is a must in 2024. Na their kangaroo I wan chop
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by kmaster007: 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2023
How can someone move to dis country... Just tired of hearing UK UK...
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by DDIA: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
richiemcgold:
Jeon husband go like this idea.

Cow Meat don cost now and people no the gree buy him suya because of the increase in price.

At least with free sheep him go make more profit from balango grin
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by DDIA: 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2023
CandidAdmin:
Excuse me, but how does this affect 9ja?

Question of the day- Does australia allow open grazing?
Nope,

They have ranches
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by ChiefOkporghe: 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is an inefficient use of resources and will hurt not only the farmers but the environment.

They were overbreeding, overfeeding and overstocking the flock till the animals became a nuisance and liability. Smh.

The FAO should help them re-distribute the nutrients and export some of the proteins and animals to an investment haven like Lagos state so it can be steadily released into the nutrient cycle of the environment and help the farmers recoup their investments.

Bring your agricultural investments to Lagos, here is a Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture Deal book PDF file for you to get the Lagos Deal for your investment in Lagos State Agriculture sector https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://lagossdgandinvestment.com/Agriculture-Deal-Book-Optimized.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjWje36gdyCAxUpW0EAHbG-CqgQFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw07oN-U_6WGoZ0QjwAMAu9Q

Invest in Lagos and the neighbouring states in South West Nigeria for great returns on investment and best investor friendly experience in Nigeria and Africa.
God bless Nigeria for ever!Check my signature for free stuffs!

1 Like

Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by XAUBulls: 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Australia has too many sheep โ€“ and farmers are giving them away for free

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/23/australia-farmers-are-giving-sheep-away-for-free.html

Sheep rearing and herding... Sounds like the slave trade to me if we are to equate them with human slavery... Lol.

On a serious note, the Aussies have done a very good job in boosting sheep wool and meat supplies until the glut began. A new cycle will begin again ones the demand exceeds supply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
Emeka Australia and Edu Australia should engage them and collect enough sheeps and ship them back to Nigeria for Christmas business... Imagine selling sheep 30k each , u make enough free money ...
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by Reference(m): 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
Where are the 'there is inflation everywhere in the world' crew....
It appears the war in Ukraine has not reached Austrialia mutton.
Or that 'excessive' rain does not fall in this part of the world.
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by DOM7: 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
No processing companies? Either the meat or to other products and export it.
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by ussv: 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
Chai ! Nigerian government could organize chartered flight and bring some of those sheep here for the needy
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by Neddyogu(m): 7:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
They should shear all the ๐Ÿ‘ and spin the wool naa. Or else just send some rams my way for some ram suya
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by Seequadry(m): 7:57pm On Nov 24, 2023
esemes256:

The only way I think the sheep ๐Ÿ‘ can be exported is via the meat processing facilities. Live sheep cannot be exported via shipping containers. They will first need to be processed to meat and other stuff, then exported. Also, the distance from Australia to a place like Nigeria will make the landing cost of the sheep quite expensive.

They can be shipped through open deck cargo holds, it doesn't have to be a container shipment... Only challenges can be the rough sea ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by denzel231: 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
NwaliE01:

My brother.. doรฑ't mind them. This same Australia abi na another one. Hahhahahahh.
where you dey for Aussie
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by NwaliE01: 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
denzel231:
where you dey for Aussie
I dey Sydney.. Fairfield Heights
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by maxkia(m): 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
denzel231:
Where for Australia
..give me location.. I dey there like this

Victoria. Australia
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by denzel231: 8:06am On Nov 26, 2023
maxkia:

Victoria. Australia
same here too ..
I dey for Williams landing..
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by denzel231: 8:07am On Nov 26, 2023
NwaliE01:

I dey Sydney.. Fairfield Heights
wow i dey Melbourne.. how Sydney be?
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by NwaliE01: 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2023
denzel231:
wow i dey Melbourne.. how Sydney be?
I was in Geelong. I like Melbourne.
Sydney is great. A city that has car traffic round the clock. Hahahahhah
Re: Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free by denzel231: 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2023
NwaliE01:

I was in Geelong. I like Melbourne.
Sydney is great. A city that has car traffic round the clock. Hahahahhah
come to Melbourne... I. Love geelong, such a beautiful and peaceful place , with sweet beaches. Never been to Sydney. I just arrive Melbourne though, 2 months now. I never hold myself well. I go need update o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Parrot Destroys Man's Maize Farm (Photos) / Thunder Kills 23 Cows In Ekiti / Kaduna State Commissions Tomato Pack House (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.