Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada (81988 Views)

Why Some Nigerians Hate Living In Canada / Nigerians Living At Home Look Better Than Those Raised Abroad / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by FinidiGeorge: 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
occfx:

The Fulani janjaweedddds are into this shiit because of hopelessness, they are deceived to believe that they can't survive without oil in the south. The Ronu Muslim miscreants are the people I am not happy with. They are so confused and lazy not to see the hand writing on the wall or may be they are just afraid of their masters in the north. Another foolish people are the so called south south. The idiots don't even know the mosquitoe that is biting them. Somehow I believe Nigerians were hipnotized or jazzed. They behave like idiots even some elders in igboland
Yeah, you're right about the hypnosis and one of the ingredients are the alien religions which turned the hearts of fierce African men and women to pap and chicken like. Whites are very dangerous creations with careful planning and we underestimate them. They've made most of us forget the true pictures of our various lands. I'm just tired of writing, the matter get Kay leg jare.

1 Like

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Osunbby98: 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
Like the saying goes there is no place like home
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Ayatullah(m): 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2023
If you are so ungrateful to God Almighty for creating you and settling you in Nigeria, then you will have to pay the price of being ungrateful by sending yourself to lands you will live like vagabonds.

2 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by FinidiGeorge: 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
sukkot:
ehn now like this our brother that turn to ice block in canada tent grin
Lol... It is well
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by franchasofficia: 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2023
Sarang:

It's like they deported you from Canada. Cause the kind of lies you're peddling here no be am. Comparing Canada to UK and Nigeria. Only a fool will listen to you. UK economy better than Canada? You no well so. For someone who has never lived in Canada you seem to know so much about it.. from the news of course.
Hahahahahaha

The thing is most Nigerians are not well informed.

UK economy is the 6th largest economy in the whole world. Canada is nowhere on the list of 8th biggest economies in the world.

The only thing Nigerians complain about UK is high income tax up to 40% which doesn't always translate to 40% of their income when properly calculated. And the same tax they hate UK for, they pay same or even higher in Canada via purchase goods tax or consumer tax aka VAT, some province pay as much as 30% in Canada.

Another thing that make Canada better than UK for most Nigerians is the ease of securing a PR in Canada and the so called Canada Express Entry that bring high skilled migrants to Canada without befitting job that befit their high skill profession they sacrificed to move to Canada. Most end up saying they did it for their kids knowing they made a mistake already but cant go back.

When it comes to ease of securing a job, UK is far better than Canada unless you are living on a fools paradise.

Many qualified internationally educated nurses are jobless or working unskilled jobs in Canada, it can never happen in UK or US. Canada healthcare is poorly funded, their employers dont have the robust economy like UK and US to earn excess profit to be able to sponsor as much foreign healthcare professionals they need into Canada. They mask all these with you need to get Canada experience, what freaking Canada experience?

I never compared Canada with Nigeria, Nigeria is not better than any country on earth right now so I cant make such foolish comparison and it's because of successive useless Presidents and Governors like the ones we have now that made Nigeria a mess it is, so Canada can never be compared to Nigeria unless for illegal migrants then Nigeria should be better for them than Canada.

You that live in Canada, how freaking rich are you? Most Nigerians in Canada are just managing, you can hardly count real rich Nigerians living in Canada, if there are any, they are a very handful compared to Nigerians living in other developed countries with booming economies, those are my point.

Nigerians need to be educated about this Canada hype, that country is not what they hype it for. It is only good for those desperate to obtain a PR fast.

2 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by ImoleNaija: 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
sukkot:
ehn now like this our brother that turn to ice block in canada tent grin

You're humorously wicked cheesy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by aestake: 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2023
ednut1:
Agents deceived many of them with you can convert visit visa to work visa package.
Even Kenyans and Ugandans. I thought their governments were better.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by ednut1(m): 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
DuchessAmanda:
Kindly enlighten, Sir.

Why do they buy houses over there when you can do it in your native country, Nigeria ?

After all, as you said, the older ones are the ones that buy in Nigeria.

So are there pros over there and cons over here, they have seen ?

Nigeria is no longer looking good for retirement. 10 to 20 years ago people wanted to come retire here.( inflation , poor healthcare, kidnapping, banditry has increased). Many of the recent immigrants are young and just starting a family, why should they not buy a house Should they keep paying rent when they can channel that money to mortgage and own the house in 15 to 25 years.

Because of the laws in the western world many women or wives dont want anything to do with Nigerian. They see going back as losing their advantages. Its men that usually want to go back. The houses in the west appreciates more when you consider exchange rate.

I invested in something last December in Nigeria. Canadian dollars was 550 then, now its 820. All the profit i was supposed to make don vanish. Same with real estate the house you bought for equivalent of 30k dols in Nigeria last year has lost value due to exchange losses.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by sukkot: 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Lol... It is well
the prayer na make GOD give us heaven wherever we are. many are enjoying their heaven in this our own obodo nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by sukkot: 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
ImoleNaija:

You're humorously wicked cheesy.
grin grin eh it is what it is Chief lol

1 Like

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by aestake: 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
Osunbby98:
Like the saying goes there is no place like home
Which home?
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Snakedoctor1: 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
PewpewS32:

Okay, I am a Canadian. I can't speak for this "shelter" if you even want to call it that. I think for sure this particular situation is very isolated. I've never seen a shelter like this anywhere and in fact haven't heard about this death either. Mississauga is literally 3 hours from me. I am sure there has to be some underlying issue going on here that isn't being told.

Anyone coming under the Asylum laws here do not live in tents. They are given government funded apartments and housing... not in tents. Also, when coming into Canada under this law if there are no government housing available the Government pays for hotel rooms. This is exactly what happened with those who came from Ukraine and now from West Bank/Gaza.

Per the cold... this isn't cold. It's cold to you, not cold to us Canadians. Wait for the real cold -25C plus wind chill which makes it feel like -40C. THAT'S cold. Single digits above zero is not cold. I'd really like to find out the whole story why people are in tents... that's not normal.

I just checked news here... so there's a massive move of people to Canada... Shelters are beyond capacity by 300%. Government is in process to bring a solution to this problem.

Here is the news video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7TRK_MBxhs

Pew - Windsor, ON, Canada.

The difference between Canadians and continental Europeans is empathy. There would have been barrage of blames on the migrants in an ideal European situation. Why won't I go to this country, nevertheless ?

1 Like

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by musicwriter(m): 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2023
mu2sa2:
"We know what happened can happen because it did happen." The video isn't fake. Those guys are having a real bad time in Canada. Many Africans have been misled into thinking that the streets of Canada and other Western countries are paved with gold. It's only when they get there that they're faced with the stark realities of life as depicted in the video. I understand your patriotism, but fact is the video is real and those Africans are in real mess. May God save them from the cold temperatures they have never experienced before, not even in their weirdest imaginations.

That person isn't even a Canadian. See below.

Okay, I am a Canadian. I can't speak for this "shelter" if you even want to call it that. I think for sure this particular situation is very isolated. I've never seen a shelter like this anywhere and in fact haven't heard about this death either. Mississauga is literally 3 hours from me. I am sure there has to be some underlying issue going on here that isn't being told.[/b]

If you read the rest of his/her post carefully, you'll see Nigerian English use here and there

1 Like

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by googi: 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2023
Pew - Windsor, ON, Canada.

Human trafficker as you are, use blood money like the Asma Boys in the desert, specialize in organs selling.

You revealed yourself. We know the village you came from by the way you describe your country. But your day go be one day.

You have never failed to support those who cause human misery around the world. So the plight of fellow Nigerians outside in a fringing cold country must be exploited for money to invite more of them.

Sincerely, I have to cool down to put this mildly.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by BigIyanga: 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2023
Gerrard59:

Anyone with full residency in the abroad, aka citizenship or permanent residency, who buys a property in Nigeria does so strictly from an emotional point of view. There is no financial benefit whatsoever in buying a property in Nigeria. None whatsoever! For the sake of moving back to a black dominated country as one grows older, I say that Nigeria is not the only black dominated country in the world.

The Gods forbid I buy a property in Nigeria.
Not entirely true. There are some properties that command N15m-N30m/yr in rent .. some commercial properties charge 3-5yrs upfront. So 20m/yr X3yrs =60m.. $55k-60$k is a lol of money to be made once.. and you take it back to you country of residence and invest in a biz/stocks/mutual funds or for down payment on a house.

In abroad, rental income comes every month and it can never come in bulk to be used for huge investment.. they come in $1k, $2k, $3k in a month and you have to pay mortgage, insurance and taxes from it.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by occfx: 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Yeah, you're right about the hypnosis and one of the ingredients are the alien religions which turned the hearts of fierce African men and women to pap and chicken like. Whites are very dangerous creations with careful planning and we underestimate them. They've made most of us forget the true pictures of our various lands. I'm just tired of writing, the matter get Kay leg jare.

They brought the religion, went back and be doing another thing. Well I believe one day, Africa will have sense though, may not be this century because this generation is nothing to write home about

1 Like

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by musicwriter(m): 3:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
tsdarkside:

can you stfu already....
than to dey talk nonesense how about you helpin them....

There are better ways to address someone even if you don't like what they represent.

I, for one don't even believe he/she is Canadian.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by 12inchess: 3:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
PewpewS32:

Nobody will be living outside in a tent when temperatures dip below zero. Let's get that straight right now. If you think Canada is going to leave people in those temperatures in a tent, you are gravely mistaken. After reading the news here on the story (as I'd not heard about it until seeing it here), there has been a massive number of people seeking Asylum all at once. A large number from African countries (Nigeria being the biggest number). Temperatures here currently have not gone below zero yet. The moment we do I can guarantee there won't be anyone in a tent. If Canada let's that happen I'll be the FIRST to admit that the government here (in Canada) is not doing what they are supposed to, but I assure you, this really shouldn't happen.

Pew - Windsor, ON, Canada

People like you are really indeed the problem of the world we live in today. Somebody did a documentary about the living conditions of some Africans in Canada, despite the video evidence, you said it cannot be true. E pele oooo. Mr Windsor. Because you have it good doesn't mean everyone else does. I'm sure you're still a new immigrant in Canada that is why you're talking smack. The Canadian authorities could literarily ignore them for years because they are African. You will learn over time.

1 Like

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by studyless123: 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
Gerrard59:

Anyone with full residency in the abroad, aka citizenship or permanent residency, who buys a property in Nigeria does so strictly from an emotional point of view. There is no financial benefit whatsoever in buying a property in Nigeria. None whatsoever! For the sake of moving back to a black dominated country as one grows older, I say that Nigeria is not the only black dominated country in the world.

The Gods forbid I buy a property in Nigeria.

I want to assume that you're speaking from an uninformed point of view.

First, I noticed is that many of these anti-Nigerians are the first to build or buy houses but they won't tell you. I was in Abuja and was shocked that a friend in my city who claims he'll never develop a property in Nigeria is developing a 100M personal property. His younger brother told me and my friend is not aware that I know about his property.

Who do you think owns many of the AirBnB homes in Lagos?
Who do you think owns the estates and mansions built in cities and villages.
Who do you think is developing the real estate sectors in many of the big cities? From Lagos to Ogun to Benin to Delta to Anambra.

In Ikoyi alone there are over 10 flats that I know people financing and we live in the same city. In over a decade of living oversees, I have meet thousands of Nigerians and only a few are not interested in owing personal houses.

Don't let anyone deceive, search the internet and you'll understand why Lagos/Abj is a good investment for real estate. The major problem investors face is Government/community encumbrances.

Find out about the REITS yield in Nigeria. Some have offered yields of 10% or more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Kenn55: 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
BabaRamota1980:
In terms of resourcefullness, manpower and skills, Nigeria is ahead of Canada, man to man. Canada should be on the bottom list of countries Nigerians should go. Infact, until 15 or 20yrs ago Nigerians would turn down offer to migrate to Canada. So what changed, and now every fool wants to go to Canada? The influence of human traffickers/salesmen and Churches. These two factors have contributed massively to this point that Canada has earned high profile as a destination country.

The reality of harsh conditions in Canada is hidden. Blackman loves things that glitter. So when they see pictures of buildings and streets in their glittering lights, polished and gleaming they are instantly enamored, and begin to imagine themselves walking on that street, living in those homes and occupying a office desk in those skycrapers. So when a trafficker approaches with an offer to help with visa it is a easy sell.

Reality happen when they are taken from airport to a refugee tent like this one.

Those who are lucky to get work visa are no better. They must pay rent, pay for electricity, pay for heating, pay for water, pay parking, pay trash collection. Goes to store to purchase food and must pay tax on top. Pay tax on income, pay toll tax, pay car registration tax, inspection tax...and upon all this lives in a neighborhood opposite of the glamor and glitter of Canada in pictures. He works in the skyscraper buildings but in security uniform.

Canada is a very big country, almost half the size of Africa, if not more. Yet, they have less than five metropolitan cities. Vancouver, Ontario, Quebec, Toronto. Thats it! It is wrong to say Canada is cold. Canada is frigid! Six months of the year you will be in thick socks and boots, jackets and gloves. Streets are deserted. Dark even at 3:30pm because Sun will set at about 3pm. Everyone stays off the streets, so then loneliness sets in.

Those caught up in the ugliness of this drama are too dissapointed and ashamed to own up and say they wished they had stayed the fck out of this desolate land. If they dont cry, others dont know not to go in.

Canada needs to boost economy, it is using migration to uplift labor lifestyle for its citizens and also keep a high population of taxable earners.

You said in terms of resourcefulness, manpower and skills, Nigeria is ahead of Canada. Seriously, are you for real? Do you realize that Canada is a country of just 39m people but has the world's 8th largest economy?

So paying for services is now bad from your post. So you don't pay for electricity,rent,car registration,taxes etc in Nigeria abi? Anyway I'm not surprised. After all, is it not in Nigeria people bypass prepaid meters so that they don't pay for light, is it not in Nigeria where an employer can owe their workers salary for months cos nobody wants to pay for anything in Nigeria so I can clearly understand your wacky mentality.

You said that Canada has less than 5 metropolitan cities, seriously? From your post you don't even know the difference between a province and a city yet you are writing trash.

By the way sun does not set at 3pm during the winter, it sets at 5pm. You also did not mention that in the spring and summer period, the same sun sets at 10pm. This is nature, it is not created by man

You guys are masters of trashing countries better than yours but you can't channel that same energy to hold your own leaders who are responsible for this mess accountable.

Common sense should tell you that these increasing wave of asylum is as a result of Nigeria getting worse. If Nigeria was thriving, why would people take such a risk. Rather than attack the root cause, you will rather trash a country that tries to cater for her people to the extent that they have food banks where the poor can go and collect free food but your own government hoarded covid palliatives until citizens broke the warehouses and took it by force.

I don't know how Nigeria is breeding illiterates that sit in the corner of their villages and be writing trash online.

By the way, I'm not in anyway supporting japa by all means, that's stupidity. I have made my position on this clear in this forum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Gerrard59(m): 3:48pm On Nov 24, 2023
BigIyanga:

Not entirely true. There are some properties that command N15m-N30m/yr in rent .. some commercial properties charge 3-5yrs upfront. So 20m/yr X3yrs =60m.. $55k-60$k is a lol of money to be made once.. and you take it back to you country of residence and invest in a biz/stocks/mutual funds or for down payment on a house.

In abroad, rental income comes every month and it can never come in bulk to be used for huge investment.. they come in $1k, $2k, $3k in a month and you have to pay mortgage, insurance and taxes from it.

First bold, the naira tends to devalue rapidly than the dollar or euro. I really need to look at the numbers behind using dollars to invest when the returns are naira domiciled.
Second bold, isn't the narrative that the first house would be used as a collateral to obtain a loan to invest in something else? Although, I agree that liquid cash is king.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Blitzking: 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
Kayzz34:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJVvdXHSfI8?si=Lf5NaQ-sM7YhkaM0

Video of a shelter some Nigerians are living in at Mississauga in Canada goes viral.

In the video shared online, it was stated that it was in same shelter a young Nigerian died weeks ago. A Pastor who spoke in the video, noted that some Nigerians live in the shelter while waiting for an update on their asylum request to Canadian authorities.
You nd I know say the country wey we dey benefit from na Canada.. cana...frosh
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Gerrard59(m): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
studyless123:

I want to assume that you're speaking from an uninformed point of view.

First, I noticed is that many of these anti-Nigerians are the first to build or buy houses but they won't tell you. I was in Abuja and was shocked that a friend in my city who claims he'll never develop a property in Nigeria is developing a 100M personal property. His younger brother told me and my friend is not aware that I know about his property.

My bad. I should have been more specific - I am not interested in residential properties as the investment will be dollar-domiciled, but returns are naira domiciled. How does that translate to profit?

Who do you think owns many of the AirBnB homes in Lagos?
Who do you think owns the estates and mansions built in cities and villages.
Who do you think is developing the real estate sectors in many of the big cities? From Lagos to Ogun to Benin to Delta to Anambra.

In Ikoyi alone there are over 10 flats that I know people financing and we live in the same city. In over a decade of living oversees, I have meet thousands of Nigerians and only a few are not interested in owing personal houses.

It makes sense to use naira investment to invest in real estate in Nigeria, but dollars? I am not too sure. The naira has devalued so badly, especially last year and this year. If the owners of these residential properties intend to move back for good to Nigeria, I can understand. This is why I also stated that Nigeria is not the only black dominated country. There are other options.

Most importantly, my parents already own residential properties, so I don't see the need to double down with dollar capital to earn naira. My uncle, who resides in Northern Europe, has a property only God knows how much he ploughed in, but the rents are in naira. And the property was completed before the rapid naira devaluation o.

Don't let anyone deceive, search the internet and you'll understand why Lagos/Abj is a good investment for real estate. The major problem investors face is Government/community encumbrances.

I agree that both cities are the best for residential property investments, but the politics of Nigeria deter me. I will look at other places.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by ExudeLoveToAll: 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2023
optionalY09:
Go home or get help from Nigeria community in canada. Black people need to fix their character and start loving each other. Those who have accommodation should assist the people that do not have.

Love yourselves before you start asking others to love you - Use your brain

Collapse all these mushroom religious denominations into one strong Nigerian religions just like the Jewish catholics. Build an effective system with it and use it as a tool to accomplish many things. We are many, smart, yet useless

They are illegal aliens seeking for legal right to stay in the country.

It's pertinent for Nigerians seeking relocation to seek the right channels and not going through the back door. Those undocumented migrants will always go through hell.

Stay off from countries that didn't give you the permission to come over.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by caye(m): 4:09pm On Nov 24, 2023
PewpewS32:

Nobody will be living outside in a tent when temperatures dip below zero. Let's get that straight right now. If you think Canada is going to leave people in those temperatures in a tent, you are gravely mistaken. After reading the news here on the story (as I'd not heard about it until seeing it here), there has been a massive number of people seeking Asylum all at once. A large number from African countries (Nigeria being the biggest number). Temperatures here currently have not gone below zero yet. The moment we do I can guarantee there won't be anyone in a tent. If Canada let's that happen I'll be the FIRST to admit that the government here (in Canada) is not doing what they are supposed to, but I assure you, this really shouldn't happen.

Pew - Windsor, ON, Canada

So...in your mind you believe that the pink man is so angelic, that they will not allow blacks to die in a freezing snow?

Are you a travel agent , because you're now sounding like one.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by ofuonyebi: 4:16pm On Nov 24, 2023
most these peoples running to overseas are just killing themselves earlier before their time
i hope they should re-think before it becomes a case of from frypan to fire!
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by ednut1(m): 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
franchasofficia:
Hahahahahaha

The thing is most Nigerians are not well informed.

UK economy is the 6th largest economy in the whole world. Canada is nowhere on the list of 8th biggest economies in the world.

The only thing Nigerians complain about UK is high income tax up to 40% which doesn't always translate to 40% of their income when properly calculated. And the same tax they hate UK for, they pay same or even higher in Canada via purchase goods tax or consumer tax aka VAT, some province pay as much as 30% in Canada.

Another thing that make Canada better than UK for most Nigerians is the ease of securing a PR in Canada and the so called Canada Express Entry that bring high skilled migrants to Canada without befitting job that befit their high skill profession they sacrificed to move to Canada. Most end up saying they did it for their kids knowing they made a mistake already but cant go back.

When it comes to ease of securing a job, UK is far better than Canada unless you are living on a fools paradise.

Many qualified internationally educated nurses are jobless or working unskilled jobs in Canada, it can never happen in UK or US. Canada healthcare is poorly funded, their employers dont have the robust economy like UK and US to earn excess profit to be able to sponsor as much foreign healthcare professionals they need into Canada. They mask all these with you need to get Canada experience, what freaking Canada experience?

I never compared Canada with Nigeria, Nigeria is not better than any country on earth right now so I cant make such foolish comparison and it's because of successive useless Presidents and Governors like the ones we have now that made Nigeria a mess it is, so Canada can never be compared to Nigeria unless for illegal migrants then Nigeria should be better for them than Canada.

You that live in Canada, how freaking rich are you? Most Nigerians in Canada are just managing, you can hardly count real rich Nigerians living in Canada, if there are any, they are a very handful compared to Nigerians living in other developed countries with booming economies, those are my point.

Nigerians need to be educated about this Canada hype, that country is not what they hype it for. It is only good for those desperate to obtain a PR fast.
this is not entirely true. Canada salaries are better than that of Uk. USA has the highest salaries by volume. Desperate for PR Is it better to be in limbo of immigration in usa( and be considering marriage to akata) or be in the Uk on 5 years work visa ( praying they should not sack you/ you can’t change jobs easily). I chose Canada biko and i’m collecting 6 figures, some of my mates from Nigeria have gotten senior manager/director positions.

Got my citizenship recently in Canada, guess what the USA job market is open for me, a colleague left last week for our USA office. If i went to usa directly i would not be a citizen today, i may have had to marry one Shanice or Yolanda. Biko make una dey calm down 🤣

4 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by adolfHitler1934: 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2023
optionalY09:
Go home or get help from Nigeria community in canada. Black people need to fix their character and start loving each other. Those who have accommodation should assist the people that do not have.

Love yourselves before you start asking others to love you - Use your brain

Collapse all these mushroom religious denominations into one strong Nigerian religion just like the Jewish Catholics or the Arab Islam. Build an effective system with it and use it as a tool to accomplish many things. We are many, smart, yet useless
He can't. The Blackman can't. He lacks the mental capacity to govern. The Black man is an error in creation. He was a mutation of the real human (Caucasians and Mongols).
He is subhuman and can never make any meaningful progress except the Caucasians govern him.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by franchasofficia: 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
ednut1:
this is not entirely true. Canada salaries are better than that of Uk. USA has the highest salaries by volume. Desperate for PR Is it better to be in limbo of immigration in usa( and be considering marriage to akata) or be in the Uk on 5 years work visa ( praying they should not sack you/ you can’t change jobs easily). I chose Canada biko and i’m collecting 6 figures, some of my mates from Nigeria have gotten senior manager/director positions.

Got my citizenship recently in Canada, guess what the USA job market is open for me, a colleague left last week for our USA office. If i went to usa directly i would not be a citizen today, i may have had to marry one Shanice or Yolanda. Biko make una dey calm down 🤣
I like your sincerity.

I love honest, realistic people.

From the way and manner you typed, it shows you know the truth and living in Canada and understand my points.

All the best bro grin

Thank your star you absconded Naija, u for don become leader of Yoruba Ronu Terrorists in Lagos chanting Hallelujah for Druggie, abeg help some of your Ronu miscreant brothers Japa abeg cool cheesy
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by onuman: 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
Kayzz34:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJVvdXHSfI8?si=Lf5NaQ-sM7YhkaM0

Video of a shelter some Nigerians are living in at Mississauga in Canada goes viral.

In the video shared online, it was stated that it was in same shelter a young Nigerian died weeks ago. A Pastor who spoke in the video, noted that some Nigerians live in the shelter while waiting for an update on their asylum request to Canadian authorities.

Is not their fault. Nigeria their country is literally unlivable.
From hyper inflation to Fulani drive with Nigeria's government instruments to convert Nigeria to an Islamic Republic.
Nigeria is the official poverty capital of the world - no thanks to the political alliance of Buhari and Tinubu.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by BigIyanga: 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
Gerrard59:

First bold, the naira tends to devalue rapidly than the dollar or euro. I really need to look at the numbers behind using dollars to invest when the returns are naira domiciled.
Second bold, isn't the narrative that the first house would be used as a collateral to obtain a loan to invest in something else? Although, I agree that liquid cash is king.

Per 1st hold, if you get 20-60m from 1 rental deal in bulk, you can invest in foreign treasury bills,bonds/stock, reit, mutual funds.. then why are u worried about devaluation when you investment in Naira and your return in Naira is converted to $€£ once you get paid in bulk?
Also Naija real estate is naira denominated, so your foreign inflow realized from Naija rental income, is going to have more purchasing power when you’re ready to buy more

Per 2nd bold… I dont understand, why are you using a house as a collateral to buy another house?

I know of someone looking for a residential property to let @15m/yr when they got the money to pay.. it had been rented by another tenant.

Someone was looking for a commercial lease @15m/yr for 5 years@75m… and another tenant paid for 7yrs @105m for the same property. This is a commercial property with zero maintenance cost. Commercial real estate is something else.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by ednut1(m): 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
franchasofficia:
I like your sincerity.

I love honest, realistic people.

From the way and manner you typed, it shows you know the truth and living in Canada and understand my points.

All the best bro grin

Thank your star you absconded Naija, u for don become leader of Yoruba Ronu Terrorists in Lagos chanting Hallelujah for Druggie, abeg help some of your Ronu miscreant brothers Japa abeg cool cheesy
not happy with Ronu because he don spoil business for someone close to me. I have benefited small from the business back in the day too. Majority of the customers were igbo, but since after elections business don slow, the igbos are not buying the stuff like before. I was expecting Ronu idiots to come buy them. Guess what they have no money to buy. So I cannot support Ronu when don cast one business like that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Immigration Recruitment Forms Here! / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free / Inside Putin's N180b Presidential Plane That Includes Gold-plated Toilet & A Gym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.