Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,471 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama (25827 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Makes Africa’s Best Ever XI By The Sun UK / Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football / Promise Vincent Enyeama To Husband: 'Freezing Cold But I've Got You My Warmer' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by robosky02(m): 7:39am On Nov 24, 2023
‘I was treated like a piece of used material’- Vincent Enyeama opens up on why he blocked the national team

Former Super Eagles goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama has opened up on how he was treated by the national team.

Enyeama became one of Nigeria’s best goalkeepers during his playing day and was recognised for his shot-stopping abilities.

The ex-goalkeeper made his debut for the Super Eagles in May 2002 and went on to make 101 appearances for the national team.

After a long-lasting career as a goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama decided to hang his boot in October 2015.Enyeama’s comment on his National team treatment

Vincent Enyeama stands in as one of the best goalkeepers the Super Eagles have ever had in history.

However, his departure from the national team after many years of sacrifice was not befitting for a goalkeeper of his standard.

The 41-year-old recently spoke in an interview about how he was treated which made him block every access to the team.

He was asked if his unexpected exit from the Super Eagles contributed to the sharp drop in Nigeria’s goalkeeping department.

Enyeama said in an interview with HotSports, “Sincerely, I have not been following Nigerian football right from the day I left.

“With due respect, I was treated like a piece of used material, so I put up a block between me and the national team.

“It is now that I am beginning to follow what is going on but I really put a stop to watching football or watching the national team.

“I was deeply hurt but now I am really at ease. I have moved, I’ve changed chapters, I’ve changed the page.

“ This is it, I can't really say much about the national team and the goalkeeping and all of that because I am not watching them.”.

Meanwhile, the Super Eagles' goalkeeping problem continues as Nigerians call out Francis Uzoho for his poor performances.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/i-was-treated-like-a-piece-of-used-material-vincent-enyeama-opens-up-on-why-he-blocked-the-national-team-2023112308354078741?utm_medium=social&utm_source=whatsapp&utm_campaign=BettingProf

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by God1000(m): 8:00am On Nov 24, 2023
Please come back, our current senior national team is just a shadow of its former self.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by victorazyvictor(m): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2023
Lieeee

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by Johnycastro18: 8:02am On Nov 24, 2023
Best goalkeeper Nigeria ever had,

Not the basket Francis uzoho that we have now and are managing grin

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by degreatstalion: 8:02am On Nov 24, 2023
grin
Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by Queengee: 8:02am On Nov 24, 2023
Just the same way Tinubu is treating Ronu people like use and dump pieces of craps that now their daughters are doing hookup boys Yahoo , parents lamenting and begging for alms

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by superlanny(m): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2023
Tell me one person the nation doesn't treat like shit and iron condemn? This is a strong characteristics of a useless zoo, in our case, animals in this zoo are maltreated, starved, cheated and zombiefied.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by Amigoss: 8:02am On Nov 24, 2023
Rest,Bunch of crybabies with over inflated egos acting as if their football talents will cure cancer.....

What has his likes done and given back to the society like Salah and sadio mane,We know what his likes want...

Yahaya bellow and other corrupt politicians will host and parade them like almajiri,that is them treated right. 🤡🤡

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by SoNature(m): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2023
Bad leadership spares no one! Sorry, Mr Enyeama. You are still the best goalie this country has ever had!

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by OPICANTO2223: 8:02am On Nov 24, 2023
Sorry oga Vincent

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by Lovemeharder(f): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2023
lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by BarrElChapo(m): 8:03am On Nov 24, 2023
🤔
Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by WealthyNigerian: 8:03am On Nov 24, 2023
shocked I heard that he got more Angry and lost interest in the Nigeria that he one so frantically helped to become great sportwise when some Farmers from his HomeLand Area were brutally slaughtered and massacred.

Almost everyone lost interest in putting individual efforts into making Nigeria great with the rate at which Nigerians were being slaughtered Nationally on their Ancestral Settlements/Farmlands and the then President just turned and looked the other ways as if he was encouraging something he saw as good and wonderful Take over of other People Ancestral Fatherlands by his invaders. This guy, just like me and many others knew that non of the Politicians could Stop Buhari from putting the next President as Fulani for continuity of their long planned and we'll perfected satanic wickedness. All hope was lost actually. Buhari and his Cabal tried everything Possible to give the APC President Ticket to Fulanis with People like Amechi blindly supporting him in it, when that failed. He started shamelessly supporting Fulani from another Party. It is really a Miracle that Tinubu won, how he got the indigenous People from the North free from Fulani mental manipulation and to massively vote for him is still a Wonderment!

Some may not yet realize it, Tinubu is truly a Great Blessing for Nigeria. After Years of lost hope, this Great keeper later said:
“It is now that I am beginning to follow what is going on but I really put a stop to watching football or watching the national team."
This shows that Tinubu's Presidency has also Re-Ignite this Great Guy's hope for Better Nigeria.
GOD Bless Nigeria!

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by Bliss62: 8:03am On Nov 24, 2023
cool

The best of the best

If NFA are serious Enyeama should be a technical assistant or goal keeping coach

But then you have politicians running sports administration in Nigeria

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by morgan100(m): 8:03am On Nov 24, 2023
The reason why we have always been loosing best hands in this country. You see why some of those players don't want to give their all?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by Kobicove(m): 8:03am On Nov 24, 2023
He should know that the life span of a footballer career is very short, once you get to a certain age attention shifts to younger players.

The only goal keepers that I know of who were still actively getting first team shirts in their national teams after crossing the age of 35 were Peter Shilton of England and that scorpion-kick goal keeper from Colombia

1 Like

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by BigDawsNet: 8:03am On Nov 24, 2023
Oya no vex boss... abeg i take God beg you .we need you back..

if not, the Nff, the Manager and the present keeper will send Nigeria to 200th on the world ranking..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by fixedhollies(m): 8:03am On Nov 24, 2023
Baba dey try

1 Like

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by Correctbro1: 8:03am On Nov 24, 2023
Well, you were actually used as a player so why the complaints

1 Like

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by Saao(m): 8:03am On Nov 24, 2023
God1000:
Please come back, the current super eagles is just a shadow of its former self
to do what at 41?

18 Likes

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by bigdammyj: 8:04am On Nov 24, 2023
Noted.
Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by CHIOMAEZEH: 8:05am On Nov 24, 2023
This is what you get when you bring politics and tribalism into sports ....

4 Likes

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by femi4: 8:05am On Nov 24, 2023
Liar
Trying to use reverse psychology to get into the coaching squad.

You left the seen and refused to come back even after Oliseh left as the coach. And since you left, what have you achieve post playing days in the world of football

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by pyyxxaro: 8:05am On Nov 24, 2023
Mmssheewww
Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by SolMaximus: 8:05am On Nov 24, 2023
Lets destroy the demons, monsters, and ghouls

Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:06am On Nov 24, 2023
Sorry for that Baba
Re: I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama by Pooldrowning(f): 8:06am On Nov 24, 2023
Like a used sanitary pad?

Poor boy

It's so pathetic how patriots get treated with disdain in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Awarded Order Of The British Empire (OBE) Medal By Prince Charles / Match-fixing Allegation: Westerhof Defeats Bonfrere In Court / Kenneth Omeruo's Wife "Chioma" Shares Lovely Family Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.