Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

My Nigerian Football XI Of All Time! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Nigerian Football XI Of All Time! (4359 Views)

5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say / I Denounce And Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship "Finally" / Name Your Starting XI Against France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nigerian Football XI Of All Time! by asiwajuone: 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
Goalkeeper: Enyeama

Right Back: Yisa Sofoluwe

Left Back: Benedic Iroha

Central Defender : Christian Chukwu

Central Defender : Taribo West

Defensive Midfielder: Stephen Keshi

Central/Attacking Midfielder/Playmaker: Austin Okocha

Right Winger: Finidi George

Left Winger: Amunike

Supporting Striker: Kanu Nwankwo

Top Striker: Rashidi Yekini
Re: My Nigerian Football XI Of All Time! by Mopolchi: 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2013
For me, 1- Enyeama, 2- Shofuluwe, 3- Iroha, 4- Oliseh, 5 & 6- Chukwu and Okechukwu, 7- Odegbami, 8- Kanu, 9- Yekini, 10- Okocha, 11- Amuneke.
Re: My Nigerian Football XI Of All Time! by bitex2(m): 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
I would choose exactly the tunisia and usa '94 starting XI.They were the best having won the second nations cup for nigeria they went ahead to show a dazzling display of football artisery topping their group at the USA '94.They were popularly known as "Black brazillians" due to their wicked and fluid flowing passes..Two of CAF BEST PLAYER OF THE YEAR winners came from this team namely;
Emmanuel Amuneke
Rashidi yekini
and this further accentuated the fact that they were indeed the best nigerian team of all time.
Forget about 1980 nations cup winners most of them were flops.They couldnt even qualify for the worldcup..I will never in my life talk of including any 2013 AFCON player except the almighty ENYEAMA.Maybe an inclusion of animal TARIBO WEST will make the left full back solid..
Re: My Nigerian Football XI Of All Time! by Syenite(m): 9:28am On Dec 22, 2013
...........Enyeama
Eguavoen...Keshi..Chukwu...Iroha
............Oliseh
...............Okocha
Finidi......Amokachi.......Amuneke
..............Yekini

Subs
Rufai
Okala
Babayaro
Okechukwu
Taribo
Mikel/Garba Lawal
Taiwo
Odegbami
Kanu
Yakubu
Ikpeba

Interesting to note from my top 11 only Finidi, Okocha and Yekini never took up coaching jobs.
Re: My Nigerian Football XI Of All Time! by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2013
don't think Nigeria has produced a better defensive midfielder than sunday oliseh

Finidi George was at some point the best right winger in the world and yes at that time David Beckham was behind him

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Football XI Of All Time! by MrEgghead(m): 12:08pm On Jan 14, 2018
akinalabi:
Earlier today, I was thinking about my best
Nigerian 11 of all time.

I don't mean the best 11 players we've ever
produced, rather, I mean if I were to pick a
team, who would I put in?

That means, there can't be two goalkeepers
or two number 10s.

I picked this team based on a 4-4-2 formation.

Here we go,

Goalkeeper: Peter Rufai

Right Back: Yisa Sofoluwe (Played both left and right back)

Left Back: Benedic Iroha

Central Defender (Stopper): Christian Chukwu

Central Defender (Libero): Stephen Keshi

Defensive Midfielder: Muda Lawal

Central/Attacking Midfielder/Playmaker: Austin Okocha

Right Winger: Segun Odegbami

Left Winger: Felix Owolabi

Supporting Striker: Samson Siasia

Top Striker: Rashidi Yekini

Does anyone agree with me?
Boss,My nairabet account keeps rejecting my betslip... The response has been "Our automated control risk policy reject your betslip ".
pls rectify it, Username :Egghead_1
Re: My Nigerian Football XI Of All Time! by elinvicta1: 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
elinvicta1 id 7459031 can't withdraw

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds / Pool Fixed Ultimate Key / Man City Star Riyad Mahrez's Wife Filmed Driving With Her Feet On Highway(Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.