Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University (42064 Views)

Canadian Province, British Columbia Announces Two-Year Ban On Nigerians, Others / Result Controversy: ‘It’s Unfair, Not My Fault’, Mmesoma Says On JAMB 3-Year Ban / Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by rollywise(m): 5:58am On Nov 25, 2023
seunmsg:

Datti the rogue again at it. This dude rigged his way into the senate until the appeal court sacked him and handed victory to the rightful person. Ordinary to maintain the the quota given to his school by law school, he greedily violate the quota severally thereby graduating innocent students who can’t admitted to law school.

Sadly, these are the fraudulent characters in Labour Party that go about claiming they want to change the country. These rogues just want to grab power by all crooked means for their selfish interest and nothing else. God will continue to expose them one after the other.

Thank God they didn't grab power. Thank God agbado is in power. Thank God he has finally bent and turned your life upside down with his clueless policies 😂
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:03am On Nov 25, 2023
I thought law is 4 years. In the UK it's just 3 years. Ours is a whole 5 years plus NYSC which is equal 6 years. embarassed
Yet our judiciary is a mess.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by Pepperdemisback: 6:03am On Nov 25, 2023
Hope they won't blame APC?
Most of these students don't even have WAEC results. The ones that forge results like Mmesoma all graduate here.
They only ask them to write the school's entrance exams which Primary School students can write. Finish!
I know someone studying Medicine with 156 in JAMB in one of these schools.
She's on her second year now, she wasn't admitted in any school but went to go and write entrance exam in that school, Finish!
Imagine 156 to study Medicine!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by Bluntemperor: 6:07am On Nov 25, 2023
jkpbestseries:
for taking them court

That is the kind of lawlessness the LP and PDP Sympathersers wants on Nigeria!
Just imagine an LP Vice President - all alone in a University - doing this!
Na Wao for those who wants a true Change!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by vacanci: 6:12am On Nov 25, 2023
immortalcrown:
The punishment is well-deserved if the school is actually guilty of the stated offense.

But what I don't like is selective justice. More terrible things happen in other schools but the authority looks away because the owners of the schools are not in the opposition parties.

What is done to Base University now is justice and I am sincerely not against justice. But would the justice have happened if Datti is not in LP? This is like the EFCC that never jails any friend of the government in power. This is the same country where a forged certificate is used to be a president and being a drug lord is not an offense for a president.

ADDED
I make it clear here that I am not against the punishment given to Base University. But fools who hate balanced judgement are making noise as if any part of my comment is against the ban on the university. If madness doesn't run in your lineages, show me where I said the ban is wrong. I even started by saying the ban is well-deserved.

It is not selective as the Nigeria Law school is not new to such. There are many universities placed under this ban. I remember my friend who attended a school that was not allowed to graduate law students.

This case is only making news because the school belongs to DATTI Baba Ahmed. He is not alone in this.

There are more than 50 universities affected by such. Make your enquiries from the Law school

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by gbemishile: 6:13am On Nov 25, 2023
[quote author=immortalcrown post=127148350]The punishment is well-deserved if the school is actually guilty of the stated offense.

But what I don't like is selective justice. More terrible things happen in other schools but the authority looks away because the owners of the schools are not in the opposition parties.

What is done to Base University now is justice and I am sincerely not against justice. But would the justice have happened if Datti is not in LP? This is like the EFCC that never jails any friend of the government in power. This is the same country where a forged certificate is used to be a president and being a drug lord is not an offense for a president.

ADDED
I make it clear here that I am not against the punishment given to Base University. But fools who hate balanced judgement are making noise as if any part of my comment is against the ban on the university. If madness doesn't run in your lineages, show me where I said the ban is wrong. I even started by saying the ban is well-deserved.[/quote
Shut up.u started saying rubish the moment u started mixing politics to it
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by damkin24(m): 6:19am On Nov 25, 2023
immortalcrown:
The punishment is well-deserved if the school is actually guilty of the stated offense.

ADDED
I make it clear here that I am not against the punishment given to Base University. But fools who hate balanced judgement are making noise as if any part of my comment is against the ban on the university. If madness doesn't run in your lineages, show me where I said the ban is wrong. I even started by saying the ban is well-deserved.
Expose other institutions doing same so that they can be punished as well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by deji17: 6:21am On Nov 25, 2023
Goodvibes007:
Nigerian Law School Places Five-Year Ban On Faculty Of Law At Datti Ahmed’s Baze University.

The imposition of the moratorium was sequel to the findings of the Council of Legal Education which showed that the university’s Law Faculty was currently having a backlog of over 347 law students waiting to be admitted into the Nigerian Law School.

“Baze University runs a three (3)-year LL.B programme for some UTME candidates without the approval of National Universities Commission (NUC), Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB and Council of Legal Education.”

The statement further noted that “Under the NUC Minimum Benchmark Academic Standard (BMAS) for law degree programme in Nigerian Universities, Law is a five (5)-year programme for UTME candidates and four (4)-year for Direct Entry students.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/24/breaking-nigerian-law-school-places-five-year-ban-faculty-law-datti-ahmeds-baze

These are the criminals who wants to liberate Nigeria? What is wrong with the black man?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by warlordd(m): 6:22am On Nov 25, 2023
So what will happen to the law degrees recently obtained from the university by Ifeanyi Uba, Dino Melaye and Osita Chidoka? Naija politicians and sharp practises, na 5 and 6.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by Shattuck(m): 6:25am On Nov 25, 2023
gawu1:
You will see how ipob pig Obi supporters will come to his defense just because he is now politically partnering with their messiah. Very shortly when the stone and garri relationship of Obi and Datti expires, the lecherous-lipped pigs will come back and accuse him of producing half-baked lawyers in the North.
nobody will come to his defense, the only criticism is this is selective justice, can the federal govt go after everyone with this same zeal, can the efcc do the same to members of the ruling party.
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by Benez: 6:26am On Nov 25, 2023
immortalcrown:

ADDED

Pls mention any other University that run Bsc in Law for three (3) years. That is when I will concur with your submission

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by Invest4growth: 6:26am On Nov 25, 2023
Meanwhile he is not the only one or university in that behaviour. This is one of the reasons fees are so high in private universities. In.their thinking, they admit many students thinking that along the line higher fees will make them withdraw during the programme. What a wicked world and thinking. It is not that they are not aware of the NUC guideline. After charging high fees, they now deploy all sorts of frustrating schemes including lectures at odd hours, difficult and excruciating examinations, brutal punishment for simple offences, (for instance how can expulsion be the punishment for using mobile phone on campus), terrible living conditions on campuses leading to illnesses and sometimes deaths to frustrate the students yearly till they are trimmed to the required number at the final year. This is wickedness. Education should not be this expensive in the country. NUC should enforce it's guidelines from 100 level. We have 264 universities now. Another 270 applications under consideration. Education provision is not a business. There are some services such as residences, feeding, laundry, inter campus transport that can be commercialized and leveraged. Any annual profit in schools must always be ploughed back because there is no end to spending. Pity the parents. We know the universities in this game and notable old people behind them. Law school should doore bannings of universities frustrating students and parents

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by mycar: 6:27am On Nov 25, 2023
Myer:

But the reason was clearly stated.
Try dey read. No be every thing you go be reactor.
if you check well, the reason makes no sense, in the developed world, you can chose how many years you want to do a particular course, why stay 4 to 5 years in the university for a course you can do in 3 years?
what will happen to the students that have been admitted?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by TrustNone: 6:28am On Nov 25, 2023
MrColdsweat:

What can you say about tinubu who graduated in 1970 before the school was created?
grin
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by TrustNone: 6:28am On Nov 25, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
I thought law is 4 years. In the UK it's 3 years. Ours is a whole 5 years plus NYSC which is equal 6 years. Yet our judiciary is a mess.
plus one year law school which makes it 7 years

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by TrustNone: 6:30am On Nov 25, 2023
mycar:

if you check well, the reason makes no sense, in the developed world, you can chose how many years you want to do a particular course, why stay 4 to 5 years in the university for a course you can do in 3 years?
what will happen to the students that have been admitted?
you go school at all?
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by tolue42(m): 6:31am On Nov 25, 2023
MrColdsweat:

Common law is just 7 areas/foundations. Shouldn't even be up to 2 years.

Hope in the nearest future you will not call the students half-baked lawyers from north? Hypocrite!
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by We4all: 6:32am On Nov 25, 2023
This Baze university though! They are ripping off their medical students. Imagine paying over 5 Million for a course that hasn't been accredited yet. And the annoying part is, the higher the students go, the higher they pay.
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by Dchampion65: 6:32am On Nov 25, 2023
3 years through UTME to obtain LL.B degree.

Who will save this country?
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by frankson1(m): 6:34am On Nov 25, 2023
missymide:
These nigerian system is just sickening. Law degree in UK takes less than 3yrs. These people brought education to us but we want to do 5yrs as oversabi country. What are they teaching that is better than what they teach abroad if not complexity and corruption. Visiting law school website and I can smell corruption from there. No good information that can guide you right but from here you get every detail you need from schools abroad.

5yrs of the course is nothing but repetition I can bet.

You mean that it only takes 1-2.5 years to study Law in the UK shocked shocked

Why make this assertion in a public forum undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by ufotunang: 6:36am On Nov 25, 2023
There are many universities that are violating the laws in the education sector but they are not penalized ..why only baze university?
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by ufotunang: 6:39am On Nov 25, 2023
seunmsg:

For violating their admission quota and running a three years law degree program without the approval of NUC and JAMB.
..they are many other universities that are also violating the admission quota but they are not penalized...why only baze university?
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by ufotunang: 6:41am On Nov 25, 2023
This is what you get when you criticize and insult the president 🙄
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by seunmsg(m): 6:44am On Nov 25, 2023
ufotunang:
..they are many other universities that are also violating the admission quota but they are not penalized...why only baze university?

An you give us examples with evidence?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by Sermwell(m): 6:44am On Nov 25, 2023
tafabaloo:

Advise him to take them to court if their allegations were untrue !
Which courts? The same APC courts?? grin

Just dey play
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by blamingthedevil: 6:46am On Nov 25, 2023
Obi Datti Quacks
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by Sermwell(m): 6:47am On Nov 25, 2023
LordIsaac:
I wonder why it took this long! Asiwaju is the most gentle politician in Nigeria, in my estimation.
So it was Asiwaju who did it??

Just look at how you're disgracing thiefnubuu!
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:52am On Nov 25, 2023
yommen:

Very dumb! Did you read the story? Has he come out to deny it? See, it's better you shut up your mouth than to talk and disgrace your upbringing. Someone has been doing something wrong for so long and was previously warned but he persisted.

Do you know that there are many law graduates from his school that can't practice because of his singular act of greed? But you chose to spew rubbish. I thought you people were brandishing labour to be the one to take us forward. Why are you thinking backwards?
An average ipob look like person wey get proper upbringing to you?
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by Samogloby: 6:52am On Nov 25, 2023
Considering your low IQ, definitely you must come from low budget family! Black men will always think black. Being sanctioned by the appropriate authority for infraction committed is well deserved. Let other government MDAs follow the Nigeria Legal Education footprint especially judiciary that is when Nigeria will recover her lost glory. I'm not a supporter of Obi or Ahmmed but supporters of better Nigeria!
seunmsg:

Datti the rogue again at it. This dude rigged his way into the senate until the appeal court sacked him and handed victory to the rightful person. Ordinary to maintain the the quota given to his school by law school, he greedily violate the quota severally thereby graduating innocent students who can’t admitted to law school.

Sadly, these are the fraudulent characters in Labour Party that go about claiming they want to change the country. These rogues just want to grab power by all crooked means for their selfish interest and nothing else. God will continue to expose them one after the other.
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by DJInfluence: 6:54am On Nov 25, 2023
seunmsg:

dude, put the blame where it belongs. Datti owns the school, doesn't run it. Blame the school authority for their excesses. Also blame the authority who knew the rules were being flaunted but waited this long to take action. If a rule is broken apply the strict arm of the law it's that simple. I don't care about Datti , he doesn't put food on my table but let us be objective when discussing things.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by AbuAeesha: 6:57am On Nov 25, 2023
Dreal1247:
They want to use Datti Ahmed to shine.
Lolz.
Did u actually read what his organization did?
It would have been better if you could come up with facts to counter their allegations
Re: Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University by immortalcrown(m): 7:03am On Nov 25, 2023
Benez:
Pls mention any other University that run Bsc in Law for three (3) years. That is when I will concur with your submission
You have a serious problem with English. I said other universities do terrible things...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maria, Pere & Niyi On UNIZIK Exam Question / see What Fuel Scarcity Caused In FUNAAB / 7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.