Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

State Of Affairs In Bigkoko: How It Plans To Raise $500,000 USD For Expansion! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / State Of Affairs In Bigkoko: How It Plans To Raise $500,000 USD For Expansion! (160 Views)

FINTECH OPPORTUNITIES: Partner With Bigkoko® In Rwanda! / How Do I Raise $500 In A Week / 6 Things You Must Do To Raise Money For Your Business In 2021 - Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Affairs In Bigkoko: How It Plans To Raise $500,000 USD For Expansion! by Bigkoko: 9:03am On Nov 25, 2023
State of Affair at Bigkoko Group Inc.

When i started Bigkoko in 2021, i aimed to make Business & Financial Technology available for everyone, especially the unserved in Africa, with a special focus to make international Gift transfers fair, swift & cheap for Africans. With the support of my meagre savings, a brother who also funds my efforts sometimes; he is here on Naira land and a team in two continents, i embark on this journey. Today, we have made huge strides in securing regulatory approvals, building our products, and laying the groundwork for future growth. Today, i can boldly tell you we are the first homegrown Gift Card Company with a USSD code (*662*800*122#) solely for Gift Cards in Africa.

“However, due to a tough business climate, we failed to expand to USA & China as earlier planned for 2023. Despite this set back, we successfully extended a branch to Stockholm Sweden, which would serve as our eye in the Euro Zone and also foster quicker technology acquisition. The expansion to USA is now planned for second quarter of 2024, God willing!

Massive thanks to my brilliant support team, our customers who stuck with us since 2021, our friends, and partners who bought into our vision. Your belief in us kept us going.

Sure, it stings. But we’re walking the plan with our heads high, mind sane, proud of what we built and the lessons learned. We’re all about making business & financial services fair and accessible for all. We are so grateful to have, and continue to shared this experience with you.

Established in 2021 by a Nigerian innovator——Bigkoko is an end to end Gift Card transfer marketplace designed to reduce the expenses associated with gift remittance payments to & within Sub-Saharan Africa. Bigkoko is positioned as the first cross-border Gift Card marketplace, that enables users to buy, send and redeem gift cards online, in-store or via USSD codes. This service is available in Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya & Nigeria, and projected to extend its reach to 20+ African countries in 2024.

Between January-March 2024, the startup plans to raise up to $500,000 from private investors to enhance its cross-border gift card services and improve the first Pan African gift card platform without bias on a global scale.

Thanks you all. Long live Africa! God bless Bigkoko!

Re: State Of Affairs In Bigkoko: How It Plans To Raise $500,000 USD For Expansion! by Bigkoko: 6:12am On Nov 26, 2023
One thing I found out is that we Africans prefer making payments via USSD because of its efficiency and straightforwardness. Other channels such as apps and QR codes are also important but sometimes creates friction due to lack of good internet connectivity and smartphone access.

Also, majority of urban and sub Urban dwellers are not served or linked to the formal markets.
This is one of the reasons we have enabled USSD platforms as part of our long term Plan of connecting African Countries in a gigantic marketplace for end to end Gift transfers!

Use Bigkoko Pan African Gift card code of *662*800*122# (Available Rwanda).
Use this link to buy Gift Cards: https://gifts.bigkokogroup.com

Bigkoko ~ Your Local Tech Company!

Re: State Of Affairs In Bigkoko: How It Plans To Raise $500,000 USD For Expansion! by Bigkoko: 7:53am On Nov 28, 2023
Exciting news! Bigkoko just launched Pan African Gift Cards, available online, Ussd and in-store! This means you can now send gifts within your country and across borders with ease. Bigkoko Gift Cards services provides resources & tools for business revenue growth and Tech teams to navigate all stages for cohesive outcome. Connect the dots with Bigkoko Gift Cards!

Use this link to start: https://gifts.bigkokogroup.com.
Use this USSD code: *662*800*122#

For more information, contact our customer experience service at +250790927282 or +256777257838.

Re: State Of Affairs In Bigkoko: How It Plans To Raise $500,000 USD For Expansion! by Bigkoko: 4:04am On Dec 06, 2023
Funding for our Model loading!

(1) (Reply)

Don't Have Your Full Rent? We Can Help / Get Rich This Year. Try Crypto Currency - BEE COIN / Affiliate Marketing,where You Can Make 100k To 500k In A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.