Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Culture Shock In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Culture Shock In Nigeria (182 Views)

Share Any Of Your Experience About Culture Shock In Nigeria / South Africa Culture Shock: 2 Scantly Dressed Women, Different Public Reactions / What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Culture Shock In Nigeria by wunaESQ(m): 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2023
WHAT IS THE BIGGEST culture shock YOU HAVE EVER WITNESSED ??
1. In the eastern part of Nigeria whr a woman loses her husband to death, she must drink from the water used to wash his corpse to prove that she has no hands in his death
2. In Benue, when man has guests in his house and they are sleeping over, he is expected to give one of his wives to the guest for the night.
3. In Yoruba land, if a man dies while committing adultery, his corpse will be thrown out through a window..
ADD URS!!!
Re: Culture Shock In Nigeria by Bliss62: 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
Mythology

Nigeria vs India match

India scored 30 goals, while Nigeria scored 2,

Indian Goal keeper kept turning into Lion and biting our strikers
Re: Culture Shock In Nigeria by wunaESQ(m): 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
Bliss62:
Mythology
Yeah different myths for different cultures
Re: Culture Shock In Nigeria by ecolime(m): 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2023
For me, it's getting to know people of South-South eat hot spicy food more than Yorubas.

All my life, I always believed Yorubas eat pepper. I killed that orientation when I moved to Rivers.

I no even fit chop their Asun or pepper soup. To eat Jollof rice sef na war. You must chop am with 4L of water. Yorubas are learners honestly.
Re: Culture Shock In Nigeria by wunaESQ(m): 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2023
Bliss62:
Mythology

Nigeria vs India match

India scored 30 goals, while Nigeria scored 2,

Indian Goal keeper kept turning into Lion and biting our strikers
😂 Every pikin don hear dat myth for 9ja
Re: Culture Shock In Nigeria by wunaESQ(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2023
ecolime:
For me, it's getting to know people of South-South eat hot spicy food more than Yorubas.

All my life, I always believed Yorubas eat pepper. I killed that orientation when I moved to Rivers.

I no even fit chop their Asun or pepper soup. To eat Jollof rice sef na war. You must chop am with 4L of water. Yorubas are learners honestly.
Nawa ooo I am hearing something new today

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Visits Lagos, Says Tinubu’s Presidency Is God-ordained / Meet The Incoming Olubadan Of Ibadan Oba Owolabi Olakuleyin / Bill To Regulate Igbo Apprenticeship System, ‘igba Boi’, Passes Second Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.