Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi (9303 Views)

Tinubu Wades Into Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa’s Feud / Tinubu Defeats Atiku, Obi In Akeredolu’s Polling Unit / 2023: We Must Banish PDP, Tinubu Says He Floors Osinbajo, Amaechi, Lawan, Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Addme: 8:41am On Nov 26, 2023
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ondo has reacted to President Bola Tinubu’s intervention in the political crisis in the state.

On Friday night, Tinubu waded into the rift between Rotimi Akeredolu, governor of Ondo, and Lucky Aiyedatiwa, his deputy.

The president had a meeting with Aiyedatiwa, members of the Ondo house of assembly, and chieftains of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for more than five hours at the presidential Villa.

Akeredolu, who is battling ill-health, was absent at the meeting.

Akeredolu has been in a cold war with his deputy since he returned to Nigeria in September after a three-month medical leave in Germany.

Akeredolu’s frosty relationship with Aiyedatiwa culminated in an attempted impeachment of the latter.

In a statement issued on Saturday, Kennedy Peretei, PDP spokesperson in Ondo, said Tinubu’s intervention in the political battle in the state is “mere window-dressing

"There have been conflicting reports as resolutions of the Presidential parley at the instance of President Bola Tinubu to resolve the political impasse that has plagued Ondo State for a better part of this year,” the statement reads.

Both Rotimi Akeredolu and his embattled Deputy, Lucky Aiyedatiwa’s camps interpreted the resolutions as being in their favour.

“To Aiyedatiwa’s supporters, their worries about impeachment are over.

Let us pray that the Presidential intervention will not go the way of the Bello Masari Reconciliation Committee set up by APC National Chairman, Abdullahi Ganduje. After several trips to Abuja at Taxpayers’ expense, both parties returned to Court despite promises to withdraw all cases.

“Again, major stakeholders in the All Progressives Congress (APC), leadership of the Ondo State House of Assembly and Ondo State Government were at the Villa to iron out their intractable differences.

From what we have read about the outcome, Tinubu’s intervention is a mere window dressing.”

The opposition party said although the Ondo assembly may no longer impeach Aiyedatiwa out of the respect they have for the president, the political crisis in the state will fester if Akeredolu “remains in hiding”.

“It is not yet Uhuru, the cat and mouse race will continue. The siege is not yet over,” the party said.

https://www.thecable.ng/ondo-pdp-tinubus-intervention-in-akeredolu-aiyedatiwa-rift-mere-window-dressing/amp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by jkpbestseries: 8:49am On Nov 26, 2023
i dedicate the gods are not blame... Great novel to them
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by amerengues(m): 8:53am On Nov 26, 2023
Hmm
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Alaigbo(m): 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2023
If Akeredolu does not show up in Ondo state the deputy should dare anyone that comes his way n take over the party structure n governance.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by oluwaseyi0: 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2023
what is stopping Akeredolu from stepping down

5 Likes

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2023
Hmmm. Akeredolu why? Can you please 🙏 step down

4 Likes

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by ATEAMS: 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2023
Out of all forms of relationships that I have known in my lifetime, I absolutely prefer the ones without a name. What you can't name, you can't limit, and you can't erase. I do not want to be just your friend, and I do not want to be confined to the role of a lover. I want to be nothing, and thus, everything you need. I call this soul friend. Matters of the heart usually end between misunderstandings and miscommunication. Matters of the soul are cosmic. And what's divine, you learn to see it with respect before anything. Where there's respect, there's a formless love, always alive.

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Nahunger(m): 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2023
grin
Watin make we do now
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by omoadeleye(m): 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2023
Nn
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Knetpro(m): 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2023
Noted.
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by OgunleyeA1: 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2023
Jj
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Blaze14k: 6:06pm On Nov 26, 2023
What is tinubu's business with pdp governor is he also trying to woo him to apc just like his dirty deal with wike

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Bobloco: 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2023
angry
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by illicit(m): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2023
Why can't Aketi hand over power?

🤷
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Edoreborn: 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2023
Blaze14k:
What is tinubu's business with pdp governor is he also trying to woo him to apc just like his dirty deal with wike
Aketi na apc govnor oga

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by humberjade: 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2023
Blaze14k:

If you aren't in tune with current affairs, not saying anything is the best way to make people think you are conversant but chose to stay quiet.

Ondo is APC. I doubt you read the body at all, captions only aren't enough to get full gists.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Artscollection: 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2023
If the pic is anything to go by,then nothing was discussed.
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by seanfer(m): 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2023
One thing I like about BAT is his man management and ability to resolve conflict among his political circle.
If Atiku had behave like a true leader immediately he won the PDP’s ticket and start resolving issues in states where there were factions. Who knows maybe PDP would have been the ruling party today.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by PoliteActivist: 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2023
R
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Csami(m): 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2023
Abeg how person wey no well dey fight?

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by ecolime(m): 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2023
Blaze14k:
Cho cho cho...

See as you just dey embarass yourself

7 Likes

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by ipobarecriminals: 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2023
grin awon osinwin deede de
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by spencekat(m): 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2023
Exactly. It is the duty of the Ondo state House of assembly to intervene and do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Blaze14k: 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2023
Edoreborn:
Aketi na apc govnor oga

What do I know..
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by tballeyy(m): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2023
PDP should mind there businesses bunch of losers

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Ropostic120(m): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2023
I don't know who cursed these Africans
A man is terribly sicked and can't even walk now and yet he is still holding on to power.
Why not step down for your deputy!!!

7 Likes

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Blaze14k: 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2023
ecolime:

Cho cho cho... See as you just dey embarass yourself

Embarrass myself for what exactly.. abi u want point out the obvious. Who really gives a shit🙂😏

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Eriokanmi: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2023
Aketi should just focus on his ill health and reansmit power to Ayedatiwa infinitely. When a political office holder is battling an ill health for such a long time without much improvement, he should hands-off governance. It's about the people anyway, and not about pecuniary interest. Its public office. Naija politicians shaa. They just want to end it while in office. Aketi that I know would have taken to court fight by now, quoting a section of the constitution and sweating profusely ober the matter, had it been the other way round.

I had a great respect for Akeredolu, he's even my friend on Facebook and he always posted information to my wall when he was contesting for his first term in office. Since he's been sick, he hasn't been sharing Information the way he used to.

1 Like

Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by meum: 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Ondo PDP: Tinubu’s Intervention In Akeredolu, Aiyedatiwa Rift Mere Window-dressi by Inspirer1: 6:28pm On Nov 26, 2023
Ropostic120:
I don't know who cursed these Africans
A man is terribly sicked and can't even walk now and yet he is still holding on to power.
Why not step down for your deputy!!!

Well, I believe this is more than a rift between the Governor and his deputy. This is not really about the present but the future for those who are aware about power shift arrangement in Ondo state.
There are so many questions of 'ifs' that will be seriously going on amongst those who intend to occupy that seat when this tenure lapses. They are the ones playing the game and not Aketi.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Sends Food To Troops In Mali, PT Reporter Threatened With Arrest / Senate Sets Up Committee To Investigate Maina’s Return / Bode George: Why I Won’t Support Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.