Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen (407 Views)

Herpes: Skin Rashes And Hook Pain On Lower Left Abdomen. Please Help!!!! / Please Help A Brother,some Swelling Under My Abdomen / 15 Years After Abortion, Indian Woman Finds Aborted Baby In Her Abdomen (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by LalastiklaIa(m): 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2023
Please Doctors in the house what might be wrong with me. I had a laparotomy in 10 months ago due to being hit in the abdomen.

Ever since I occasionally feel pain by side. The pain I feel is synonymous to the pain you feel by your side were kidney is situated when you've delayed urinating over the night and you wake up with a Full bladder. You get relief when you empty your bladder.

But I feel pain in that area whether I'm pressed or not.
I just hope I am fine
Re: Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by Treasure17(m): 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2023
Are you sure
LalastiklaIa:
Please Doctors in the house what might be wrong with me. I had a laparotomy in 10 months ago due to being hit in the abdomen.

Ever since I occasionally feel pain by side. The pain I feel is synonymous to the pain you feel by your side were kidney is situated when you've delayed urinating over the night and you wake up with a Full bladder. You get relief when you empty your bladder.

I just hope I am fine
Are you sure you don't have appendix? Consult your doctor. Experienced similar thing but the pain is kind of on and off.
Re: Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by LalastiklaIa(m): 3:54pm On Nov 26, 2023
Treasure17:
Are you sure
Are you sure you don't have appendix? Consult your doctor. Experienced similar thing but the pain is kind of on and off.

Yes exactly

It's on and off
Re: Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by Treasure17(m): 3:57pm On Nov 26, 2023
LalastiklaIa:

Yes exactly

It's on and off
Haven't felt any pain for like five months now but if yours is chronic one, it's advisable you see a doctor. The solution is probably surgery but I'm scared of that thing called surgery. Praying it never gets to that point.
Re: Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by FuckingMachine: 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2023
Appendicitis.
Go for surgery and remove it before it bursts.
Re: Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by Babastrong(m): 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2023
I am not 100%sure but my instinct detects "appendix".
go to hospital and do test. If an appendix is detected, please don't opperate it.
i have a simple and cheap remedy for you.
Re: Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by cima33(m): 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2023
Use Dynace Rosenta product and tank me later. WhatsApp ! Zero, nine, one, one,5418152 for details.
Re: Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by FRANELCLINIC: 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Appendicitis.
Go for surgery and remove it before it bursts.

I doubt it's appendicitis.
Appendix pain begins in the umbilical region in its early stages before spreading to the RLQ in its later stages.

EDIT: sorry, I meant right inguinal region, not right lower quadrant.
Re: Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by FuckingMachine: 10:51pm On Nov 27, 2023
FRANELCLINIC:

I doubt it's appendicitis.
Appendix pain begins in the umbilical region in its early stages before spreading to the RLQ in its later stages.

Think diverticulitis? But that is more likely to occur in the left lower quadrant

Shut up.
Apendicitis is on & off searing pain in the lower right region.

Stop leading people to their death.
Re: Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by FRANELCLINIC: 10:51pm On Nov 27, 2023
LalastiklaIa:

I just hope I am fine

If the pain started after the surgery and persisted ever since, then did the surgeons forget a tool in your abdomen? Nobody's perfect, not even doctors. So anything is possible.

Describe the pain: A dull pain, sharp pain, burning pain, describe the quality and characteristic of the pain.
Also, does the pain radiate to other parts of the abdomen?
Is the pain diffuse or pin-point?
Etc.
Is the pain closer to the front of the right lower abdomen or closer to the back

It's unlikely to be appendiceal pain. Appendicitis starts somewhere around your navel region and only spreads to the lower right side in its later stages.

Let's go one step at a time:
Answer the questions I asked above.

The organs you find in the lower right are: right ureter, and parts of the large and small intestines. The kidneys are almost fully protected by the ribs. The right kidney juts downward a little bit because of the massive size of the liver which slightly displaces it, but it doesn't go far down that it is located in the LOWER right abdomen.
And the kidneys are located at the back of the abdomen.

These factors can help you tell if it's kidney pain or not.
Re: Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by FRANELCLINIC: 11:06pm On Nov 27, 2023
FuckingMachine:

Shut up.
Apendicitis is on & off searing pain in the lower right region.

Stop leading people to their death.

Okay, so is it a coincidence that the “appendicitis” started after the surgery?

Do your research, and you will come up with a list of abdominal problems that can be mistaken for appendicitis. That's why questioning of the patient is crucial; it helps you differentiate.

Oh! And appendicitis usually STARTS at the mid-abdominal region before spreading to the lower right region.
Re: Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by FuckingMachine: 12:00am On Nov 28, 2023
FRANELCLINIC:

Okay, so is it a coincidence that the “appendicitis” started after the surgery?

Do your research, and you will come up with a list of abdominal problems that can be mistaken for appendicitis. That's why questioning of the patient is crucial; it helps you differentiate.

Oh! And appendicitis usually STARTS at the mid-abdominal region before spreading to the lower right region.

OP is probably dead by now so no need replying you.
Re: Pain In The Lower Right Side Of My Abdomen by FRANELCLINIC: 6:34am On Nov 28, 2023
FuckingMachine:

OP is probably dead by now so no need replying you.

Smiles.
Let's just hope for the best, neighbor.

So many people here are just too abrasive in speech. For example:
Do you really think OP were “probably” (meaning: in all likelihood) dead? Of course not (I hope not, anyway)

I didn't say he should sit down and relax, that it isn't appendicitis, did I?
I said I didn't think it were appendicitis for certain reasons I stated.
You can't be quick to state what a problem is. You might be right, but chances are too that you're wrong.
Now, have you considered the chances that it ISN'T appendicitis? Besides appendicitis, what ELSE could it be?

Adhesions tend to follow all surgeries, including laparotomies. Could it be that rather than appendicitis?
The more you know, the more you realize you don't know (and thus are less quick to say what you think the problem is)
The less you know, the more you THINK you know (and thus are more quick to say what you feel the problem is)

Get a chart. Look at the causes of abdominal pain in the following order:

Benign causes
More serious causes
Life-threatening causes

After listening to all the symptoms, see if you can list at least two for each of the above, then start canceling out until you have two or three left.

Neighbor, seriously, how many questions did you ask him before settling on appendicitis?

Once again, it might be appendicitis, but it might be appendicitis also means it might not be. Consider the other side of the coin as well.

(1) (Reply)

PREGNATAB - Arguably The Best Prenatal Supplements For All Round Nutrition / What Do You Put On Your Bread? / Sierra Leone Appeals For Experimental Ebola Drug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.