Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

WIDOWED (Chapter 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WIDOWED (Chapter 1) (142 Views)

My Virgin Bride. Chapter 1 / One Night Stand With A Virgin Chapter 1 / His Sex Slut chapter 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WIDOWED (Chapter 1) by Storymack: 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2023
"We thank God for the life our dear sister who has departed from this world, this fateful day. We draw consolation from the fact that she's now resting in the glory our Lord Jesus Christ. Death is a necessary evil and it is given unto man to die at the appointed time...."

That was the pastor speaking. I could not believe my eyes. I have been left alone, with six kids, all females to take care of. My beautiful wife of many years was gone. What was I going to do?

The funeral was over now. I was back home, reclining on a giant sofa, half asleep and thinking of many things. I was suddenly taken out of my reverie by my youngest daughter who had just returned from school. She was just three years old and bore a striking resemblance to her mother.

I quickly wiped the tears away from my eyes. I had been thinking about her mother while I sat on the sofa. I had been sobbing and didn't want her to see my tears. As soon as she showed up, I wiped my eyes and put on a sweet smile.

"Daddy, I am back." She said
"Welcome my dear." I said, hugging her. "How was school today?"
"Good, daddy."
"Ok, that's my girl. Now go inside and ask Bessem to take off your uniform and give you food to eat." I told her.
"No, I want to stay her with you." She hesitated.

How could I send her away from me. Ever since her mum left, she had become so attached to me. I know I was spoiling her by allowing her to do whatever she wants, but I couldn't help it. I called Bessem to come to the living room and remove her uniform. She did without hesitation. She also brought food for the young lady to eat.

Bessem was my eldest daughter. A child I had in my youth, with my beautiful wife. She has been so helpful since her mum left. In fact, she now runs the home. I thank God for her. Having a new wife was unthinkable for me at that point in time. The memories of my wife was still fresh in my memory. I had made up my mind I was going to stay for at least six years before even thinking of remarrying.

However, that's not the end of the story. In fact, it's not even the beginning. It all started many years ago when I left the village to start a new life in Yaounde...

TO BE CONTINUED
https://storymack.com.ng/widowed-chapter-2/

(1) (Reply)

Writers Never Die / A New Trend Of Extreme Right-wing In France: The Rise Of "Accelerationism" / Writing The First Chapter Of Your Manuscript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.