Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... (17823 Views)

Chinese Gift Card Vendors And Their Whatsapp Numbers / How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner / After How Xiaomi Treated Me Bad Its Time To Sign Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by AREWAELENU: 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2023
obvious lies dey spoil brand reputation..

I see it as making oneself happy or they are trying to attract investors
The funniest part is that the full details about how Canalys arrived at the stats they announced then is still online and when compared you'd know something is wrong
So they did this intentionally not a mistake

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by pumupmachine: 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
Chai Exposed ooo
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by pumupmachine: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
This brand just messed up themselves ......

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by AmadorSays: 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
Xaomi don fall hands abeg, show us stats or we don't believe.

4 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by DaddyJapan(m): 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
talktalk4u:

XIAOMI FANS SEND THIS TO YOUR BRAND TO SHOW PROOF IN 5 WORKING DAYS

Sincerely,
talktalk4u
certified data analyst,

Shouldn't this query be directed at Canalys instead?

P.S - Xiaomi estimates include sub-brand POCO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by talktalk4u: 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2023
when i posted this most of their fans where attacking me .... LOL they even claimed to beat a whole samsung grin grin grin .. Now is see why they went this far to desperately lie to Nigerians ...They want to sell their Redmi 13c by all means and they even used that cheap tech blogger MIss Techy to post this.. VALOR , EZZI and KEGAN can never post lies like this ....LOL

3 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by talktalk4u: 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Shouldn't this query be directed at Canalys instead?

P.S - Xiaomi estimates include sub-brand POCO.
bros canalys didn't post anything like this

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by Wickedtruths: 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
MobilePhotoBox:
he made a point which is very important .. A brand who lies about performance should be called upon if any viewer doubts its credibility ..

I am very aware you guys behind this thing are from Transsion. Don't worry, you will be dealt with from China.

5 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by eyeses: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
Na wa, if they can't be transparent about these stats, how can they now be transparent about their devices?

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by eyeses: 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2023
AmadorSays:
Xaomi don fall hands abeg, show us stats or we don't believe.
which stats do you want to see? Stats that aren't true?
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by DaddyJapan(m): 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
talktalk4u:
bros canalys didn't post anything like this

My guess is that you will have to pay to obtain country-level data.

Let's not forget that Canalys is in the 'data market' business. cool

Post Edited: 1:25 PM

About Smartphone Analysis

Canalys’ worldwide Smartphone Analysis service provides a comprehensive country-level view of shipment estimates far in advance of our competitors. We provide quarterly market share data, timely historical data tracking, and detailed analysis of storage, processors, memory, cameras and many other parameters. We combine detailed worldwide statistics for all categories with Canalys’ unique data on shipments via tier-one and tier-two channels. The service also provides a unique view of end-user types. At the same time, we deliver regular analysis to give insights into the data, including the assumptions behind our forecast outlooks.

Source: https://canalys.com/newsroom/middle-eastern-smartphone-market-Q3-2023
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by NaijaHelper1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
You are clearly a novice and it's very embarrassing that you're displaying your ignorance in a public forum such as this.

I'm genuinely curious to know what aspects of this report you deem to be false and misleading information especially considering the fact that you didn't provide any contrary nor counter facts in opposition to the report.

You simply stated that you're a data analyst and built on that unverified statement to attack a research work. And what's worse? Unlettered fellows who clearly don't know any better are taking your unverified and unsupported statements and running with it.

It's sad that the level of discernment and comprehension in this country is so abysmal if not, why will such a crass thread make front page.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by perfri(m): 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2023
Most of you don't understand how this report was generated and you came to the conclusion that Xiaomi lied.

Share sales means the market share xiaomi controls(I.e percentage sold in relation to other phone brands.). So what was calculated was how much each phone brand sold this year

While in the annual growth, they calculated the amount it sold this year in relation to the previous year. That is the percentage difference in sales between 2022 and 2023.
Get your facts right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by Shuregirl: 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2023
Lol, fake it till you make it gang

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by besayag: 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
Called out on nairaland.com lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
Na anoda strong competitor(brand) for the market dey attack them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by talktalk4u: 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2023
perfri:
Most of you don't understand how this report was generated and you came to the conclusion that Xiaomi lied.

Share sales means the market share xiaomi controls(I.e percentage sold in relation to other phone brands.). So what was calculated was how much each phone brand sold this year

While in the annual growth, they calculated the amount it sold this year in relation to the previous year. That is the percentage difference in sales between 2022 and 2023.
Get your facts right
... please can stop trying to cover up ? where is their proof ? They lied with canalys and yet all publication on the web nevered had a post for African or Nigerian market ..... So this your petty talk makes no point

2 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by talktalk4u: 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
DREAMHOMES6970:
Na anoda strong competitor(brand) for the market dey attack them
Nigerian mentality
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by djon78(m): 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
SuccessfulRichi:

Brah iphone is more secured and lasts longer than android junk foods you eating called Chinese products. Don't go for cheap product go for high quality

Lol

Almost all the iPhone in Nigeria are London used

Apple don't even know they exist

How many of them are connected direct to Apple Data?

Make una just dey deceive unaself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by talktalk4u: 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2023
DaddyJapan:

then don go bribe canalys LOL... Still which part made them ... How come the post was edited after the dragging don serious ? how come xiaomi had all brands figures before the publishers ? are the contents on canalys created by xiaomi for them to promote ? ask your self this questions

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by maasoap(m): 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2023
Sophiachimamand:
These guys just want to deceive Nigerian to believe in there brand.

Can we wait for them to proof this?

To me, 19% market share is not outrageous at all. I know two people around me who bought Tecno last year but changed to Xiaomi this year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by talktalk4u: 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
DaddyJapan:

did you check the AN growth percentage ?
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by maasoap(m): 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
NaijaHelper1:
You are clearly a novice and it's very embarrassing that you're displaying your ignorance in a public forum such as this.

I'm genuinely curious to know what aspects of this report you deem to be false and misleading information especially considering the fact that you didn't provide any contrary nor counter facts in opposition to the report.

You simply stated that you're a data analyst and built on that unverified statement to attack a research work. And what's worse? Unlettered fellows who clearly don't know any better are taking your unverified and unsupported statements and running with it.

It's sad that the level of discernment and comprehension in this country is so abysmal if not, why will such a crass thread make front page.
Even myself, I tried to see what he's contesting in the analysis but I didn't see it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by frankson1(m): 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
SuccessfulRichi:

Brah iphone is more secured and lasts longer than android junk foods you eating called Chinese products. Don't go for cheap product go for high quality

Where is iPhone manufactured undecided
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by RGBshield: 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
maasoap:

Even myself, I tried to see what he's contesting in the analysis but I didn't see it.
They should show how they with their sales growth +372 percent that's what he is saying .... Unna don blind from the truth

2 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by RGBshield: 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2023
maasoap:

To me, 19% market share is not outrageous at all. I know two people around me who bought Tecno last year but changed to Xiaomi this year.
195 / +372 growth was normal ?

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by manolates: 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
from the canalys webite it showed they are No 3.. So why are they building their brand on lies.... they beat samsung na that lie give me headache

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by frankson1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
talktalk4u:
You very senseless and stupid ... who are you directing your response to? i was the OP for this thread and I posted it because I know they are here with proxy account . you are here fighting for a brand that pays you peanut help them spread lies . why cant you let the xiaomi fans and staffs who are good in dragging other brands face their music ? did I tag your generation when I posted ? did your see your surname mentioned ? you are arrogantly stupid and foolish at the same time .

Your way of self defence is to abuse and curse anyone who tries to counter you and you're very sure that XIAOMI company is is on Nairaland with a proxy accountundecided

Doing same thing you're accusing Xiaomi of doing undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by Douglad: 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
Useless company

I bought into the hype two years ago and got one, it was the worst android experience I've ever had in my life.

Complete crap. Their useless customer rep even made the experience significantly worse than it should have even been. 0 everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by richeeyo(m): 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
Even in China, all their products have serious issues, just search Xiaomi complain in China, on YouTube

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by frankson1(m): 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
djon78:

Lol

Almost all the iPhone in Nigeria are London used

Apple don't even know they exist

How many of them are connected direct to Apple Data?

Make una just dey deceive unaself

They don't also know that the iPhone they brag about still pass through China and some other Asian countries which makes iPhones partly"chinko".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HELP: The Gallery I Used For My Photos Has Been Removed From Google Play Store. / Whatsapp XAP Download | Download The New Whatsapp XAP File. / Things You Should Know Before Changing Your Phone's IMEI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.