Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... (17833 Views)

Chinese Gift Card Vendors And Their Whatsapp Numbers / How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner / After How Xiaomi Treated Me Bad Its Time To Sign Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by Douglad: 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2023
talktalk4u:
You very senseless and stupid ... who are you directing your response to? i was the OP for this thread and I posted it because I know they are here with proxy account . you are here fighting for a brand that pays you peanut help them spread lies . why cant you let the xiaomi fans and staffs who are good in dragging other brands face their music ? did I tag your generation when I posted ? did your see your surname mentioned ? you are arrogantly stupid and foolish at the same time .

Xiaomi fanboys are utterly stupid. You need to see how these fools gang up and accuse you of lying about their worthless product you spent money on.

I don ready for them.

2 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by DaddyJapan(m): 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2023
talktalk4u:
then don go bribe canalys LOL... Still which part made them ... How come the post was edited after the dragging don serious ? how come xiaomi had all brands figures before the publishers ? are the contents on canalys created by xiaomi for them to promote ? ask your self this questions

What's your problem with my edited post? Are you usually this obtuse?
I provided information on how Canalys generated its country-level data, and yet here you are with more strawman arguments.

For your information, smartphone sales are bucking the trend in across Africa.
And as the IDC also reports also shows, Xioami is right up there with the major players.

"Egypt witnessed the continent's most substantial year-on-year growth in smartphone shipments in Q3 2023, albeit from a low base as the market was negatively impacted in Q3 2022 by the introduction of new import regulations and restrictions, which have since been eased," says Arnold Ponela, a senior research analyst at IDC. "
Source: Macroeconomic Challenges Fail to Dampen Growth Trajectory of Africa's Smartphone Market-- https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prMETA51421923

If you need country-view data from Canalys, contact its sales team! cool
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by manolates: 2:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
Douglad:

Xiaomi fanboys are utterly stupid. You need to see how these fools gang up and accuse you of lying about their worthless product you spent money on.

I don ready for them.
even the xiaomi didn't post this ... afraid they catch them grin

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by DaddyJapan(m): 2:12pm On Dec 01, 2023
talktalk4u:
did you check the AN growth percentage ?

Got no time for your infantile musings, Mr Certified Data Analyst. cool
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by manolates: 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2023
DaddyJapan:

I provided information on how Canalys generated its country-level data, and yet here you are with more strawman arguments.

And as the IDC also reports also shows, Xioami is right up there with the major players.

Source: Macroeconomic Challenges Fail to Dampen Growth Trajectory of Africa's Smartphone Market-- https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prMETA51421923

If you need country-view data from Canalys, contact its sales team! cool

Oga see what your link said ...... Transsion brands (Tecno, Itel, Infinix) retained a dominant position in terms of smartphone market share in Q3 2023, driven by their compelling portfolio of entry-level handsets suited for the African market. Samsung followed in second place, with Xiaomi third. Shipments of smartphones priced under $100 increased year on year in Q3 2023, while shipments of $100–$200 devices decreased, indicating a growing consumer preference for budget-friendly options. XIAOMI LIED

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by seborrhic: 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2023
NaijaHelper1:
You are clearly a novice and it's very embarrassing that you're displaying your ignorance in a public forum such as this.

I'm genuinely curious to know what aspects of this report you deem to be false and misleading information especially considering the fact that you didn't provide any contrary nor counter facts in opposition to the report.

You simply stated that you're a data analyst and built on that unverified statement to attack a research work. And what's worse? Unlettered fellows who clearly don't know any better are taking your unverified and unsupported statements and running with it.

It's sad that the level of discernment and comprehension in this country is so abysmal if not, why will such a crass thread make front page.
Semi illiterates are now everywhere.
Even with Google,they have remained static in their intellectual development.
Even looking at the posts in this thread,you would know that asides the fact the Op displayed crass ignorance,the trend of support for his post shows it's the same person with different monikers or people in the same group posting hurriedly to support and prevent any other dissenter from posting,at least on the fp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by talktalk4u: 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
seborrhic:

Even looking at the posts in this thread,you would know that asides the fact the Op displayed crass ignorance,the trend of support for his post shows it's the same person with different monikers or people in the same group posting hurriedly to support and prevent any other dissenter from posting,at least on the fp
Full illiterate ... Go and read my post again I asked them to come clarify their claims for the sales figure and also the once they are using for promotion . Why will they use lies to promote sales? saying they have taken over Samsung ? and made +372 growth sales when the platform they are claiming they got the figures from didn't post such rate ...... PS I was a XIAOMI fan before I left them and reason is because and FYI i still have their product in wardrope

2 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by Kazim88: 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
Very funny post.

OP write post then reply himself with his multiple accounts.

Customer are more interest in features, prices and hardware NOT percentage shares.

Tell your sponsors to try harder.
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by talktalk4u: 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
NaijaHelper1:
You are clearly a novice and it's very embarrassing that you're displaying your ignorance in a public forum such as this.

I'm genuinely curious to know what aspects of this report you deem to be false and misleading information especially considering the fact that you didn't provide any contrary nor counter facts in opposition to the report.

You simply stated that you're a data analyst and built on that unverified statement to attack a research work. And what's worse? Unlettered fellows who clearly don't know any better are taking your unverified and unsupported statements and running with it.

It's sad that the level of discernment and comprehension in this country is so abysmal if not, why will such a crass thread make front page.
The part that your ignorantly didn't see ...... Go and watch the blogger they paid to ads for them,....

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by Kazim88: 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2023
seborrhic:

Yea, anyone with common nairaland sense knows its same person or organized group.

And he is busy running round the thread, crying more than the bereaved.
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by uniquetechng: 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2023
cry
SuccessfulRichi:
Worst Chinese company, worst plus junk phones. Una dey try with cheap tempory Chinese products grin[center][/center] grin angry Cancel techno, Infinix, itel,haweu, etc any other Chinese junks let me produce a high quality phones for Africa we dserve the best. Even though they compared our pics and apes together in their mousem as monkeys
Bleep the dwarves grin grin
You referring to Huawei as junk shows you know very little about tech, ask the right questions about the brand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by talktalk4u: 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
DaddyJapan:

If you need country-view data from Canalys, contact its sales team! Bros why did you edit the content from IDC? why didn't you post the full content grin grin grin you don remove the part samsung beat them ?

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by DaddyJapan(m): 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2023
manolates:
Oga see what your link said ...... Transsion brands (Tecno, Itel, Infinix) retained a dominant position in terms of smartphone market share in Q3 2023, driven by their compelling portfolio of entry-level handsets suited for the African market. Samsung followed in second place, with Xiaomi third. Shipments of smartphones priced under $100 increased year on year in Q3 2023, while shipments of $100–$200 devices decreased, indicating a growing consumer preference for budget-friendly options. XIAOMI LIED

Shey African market and Nigerian Market nah the same thing? Abi IDC and Canalys nah the same market intelligence company?

Like @OP, you need to read for comprehension - and not just to respond.

The devil in always in the detail, chairman.

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by Ayeesha454(f): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
XIAOMI is the king of Delulu, Why would a brand need to post false news......They are part of our problems
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by Ayeesha454(f): 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2023
MobilePhotoBox:
he made a point which is very important .. A brand who lies about performance should be called upon if any viewer doubts its credibility ..

XIAOMI is the king of Delulu, Why would a brand need to post false news......They are part of our problems
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2023
talktalk4u:
Nigerian mentality

How do you mean Nigerian mentality? Am not disputing the fact that they lied about their ranking and annual growth as showed on their chart board... It's very obvious they lied.... Also it not uncommon or wrong that any of the competitors on the chart board can call them out to explain those figures used to sway the public and vendors to sell their products. So how do you mean Nigerian mentality
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by perfri(m): 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
talktalk4u:
Full illiterate ... Go and read my post again I asked them to come clarify their claims for the sales figure and also the once they are using for promotion . Why will they use lies to promote sales? saying they have taken over Samsung ? and made +372 growth sales when the platform they are claiming they got the figures from didn't post such rate ...... PS I was a XIAOMI fan before I left them and reason is because and FYI i still have their product in wardrope
I think you need to chill till when they post their annual audited financial statements for 2023 so that you can see from thir record if they made a false claim or not. Just stating that Xiaomi lied without any verifiable proof seems like a witch hunt.

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by xjiggy: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
talktalk4u:
Dear XIAOMi ,

I hope this message finds you well. I recently came across information about the sales performance of your products, and I must admit that I am a bit confused and concerned.

Kinldy explain to the PUBLIC how you got your sales figures ( 19% share sales - 372% Annual Growth) as this figures are not found on the claimed web you got your data from . https://canalys.com/newsroom/global-smartphone-market-q3-2023

As a certified data analyst, transparency is crucial for me, and I believe it plays a significant role in maintaining a positive relationship between customers and a brand. I wanted to reach out to seek clarification and better understand the situation.

Could you provide more details or clarify the information regarding the recent sales performance? Your transparency on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

XIAOMI FANS SEND THIS TO YOUR BRAND TO SHOW PROOF IN 5 WORKING DAYS

Sincerely,
talktalk4u
certified data analyst,
My lay man explanation is the 19% stands for their percentage of the total amount of phones sold during that period while the
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by xjiggy: 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
talktalk4u:
Dear XIAOMi ,

I hope this message finds you well. I recently came across information about the sales performance of your products, and I must admit that I am a bit confused and concerned.

Kinldy explain to the PUBLIC how you got your sales figures ( 19% share sales - 372% Annual Growth) as this figures are not found on the claimed web you got your data from . https://canalys.com/newsroom/global-smartphone-market-q3-2023

As a certified data analyst, transparency is crucial for me, and I believe it plays a significant role in maintaining a positive relationship between customers and a brand. I wanted to reach out to seek clarification and better understand the situation.

Could you provide more details or clarify the information regarding the recent sales performance? Your transparency on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

XIAOMI FANS SEND THIS TO YOUR BRAND TO SHOW PROOF IN 5 WORKING DAYS

Sincerely,
talktalk4u
certified data analyst,
My lay man explanation is the 19% stands for their percentage of the total amount of phones sold during that period while the 372% is their own increase of sales compared to the previous quarter. That is, if a combined total of 10mil Android phones were sold in the last quarter, 1.9mil (19%) were Xiaomi phones while If they sold 514,000 phones the previous quarter, selling 1.9mil phones this quarter is a 372% increase in Xiaomi phone sales. I believe the first percentage is market share while the other percentage is incraese in product sales

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by perfri(m): 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
xjiggy:

My lay man explanation is the 19% stands for their percentage of the total amount of phones sold during that period while the 372% is their own increase of sales compared to the previous quarter. That is, if a combined total of 10mil Android phones were sold in the last quarter, 1.9mil (19%) were Xiaomi phones while If they sold 514,000 phones the previous quarter, selling 1.9mil phones this quarter is a 372% increase in Xiaomi phone sales. I believe the first percentage is market share while the other percentage is incraese in product sales
Thank you very much. Exactly what I've been trying to say.
Obviously you are not a layman but have explained it clearly in layman terms so that OP wey dey call himself data analyst go understand

4 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by eepeepook: 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2023
I use Apple. I don’t care. Make sure to post the letter to X — formerly Twitter. Nairaland will only push this to the front page and it will get buried in history.
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by iamdapsyj(m): 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
Longpriq:
i will let the brand to decide whats good for their image and so far the so-called wrong information have seen them sell good products what have your stvpid observation done for you?.

You have already established the fact that you are stvpid you dont need to keep proving it with every comment.

I know xiaomi has no official account on nairaland, so whom are you expecting to answer your fo0lish question?

I realise that you are too dumb to be on the internet when you said ''if it was to be another brand", STFU there are many xiaomi users and non have an issue with the way the company decides to market their brand.
your stupldity disgust me fr

The Op was just been malicious with this thread. If you investigate properly, you will find out that he/she is a transission (Tecno, Itel e.t.c) user 😆🤣

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by maasoap(m): 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2023
RGBshield:
They should show how they with their sales growth +372 percent that's what he is saying .... Unna don blind from the truth

I see! 372% growth shouldn't be an issue for those who understand Statistics or Maths, that's why I didn't comment about that. Sorry.
What that 372% means was that if Xiaomi sold 100 pcs of phone the year before, it sold 472 pcs the current year. That 372% was referring to its percentage increase in sales in the current year when compared to its sales in the immediate past year. So, many of you don't even understand what you're arguing about. grin grin grin, that includes dumb Op too who is insulting people here.

talktalk4u:
You very senseless and stupid . .. who are you directing your response to? i was the OP for this thread and I posted it because I know they are here with proxy account . you are here fighting for a brand that pays you peanut help them spread lies . why cant you let the xiaomi fans and staffs who are good in dragging other brands face their music ? did I tag your generation when I posted ? did your see your surname mentioned ? you are arrogantly stupid and foolish at the same time .

2 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by maasoap(m): 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2023
xjiggy:

Thank you. I'm even surprised that the dumb Op called himself "analyst". Shocking!

2 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by BJanta: 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2023
All statistics are lies. They're always concocted to bewitch you. It's ALWAYS to manipulate your thought process.
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by djon78(m): 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2023
frankson1:

They don't also know that the iPhone they brag about still pass through China and some other Asian countries which makes iPhones partly"chinko".

You dey mind them

Small nyash go dey shake

Until Nigeria improves her percapita income and purchasing power

All these things will be story

All these Chinese phone Companies really helped to make people afford good mobile phones according to there pockets and levels

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by djon78(m): 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
eepeepook:
I use Apple. I don’t care. Make sure to post the letter to X — formerly Twitter. Nairaland will only push this to the front page and it will get buried in history.

Lol

London used tokunbo iPhone abi

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by djon78(m): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2023
iamdapsyj:

The Op was just been malicious with this thread. If you investigate properly, you will find out that he/she is a transission (Tecno, Itel e.t.c) user 😆🤣

That news on xaomi phones drew many people to the phone even Samsung users

That's why they are battling it

Didn't know much about xaomi but the reviews I got from that news I said I will try them next

Wanted to continue with Samsung
Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by iamdapsyj(m): 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2023
djon78:

That news on xaomi phones drew many people to the phone even Samsung users

That's why they are battling it

Didn't know much about xaomi but the reviews I got from that news I said I will try them next

Wanted to continue with Samsung

It's actually a very good brand and I currently use their phone (Redmi 9) for over 2 years now and it is still working perfectly.

I don't know about this current report but globally, it has been third after Samsung and Apple for over 3years now in terms of sales. If you check Canalys website, they have the relative data...

1 Like

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by 3seriez(m): 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
Sales or no sales. Marketing strategy or not. I am enjoying my Xiaomi phone. On my third one sef. Affordable and performs to My expectations, value for money. My 2 cents tho.

2 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... by Joezik(m): 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2023
perfri:
Lol, ur data analysis still dey learn work. Share sales means the market share xiaomi controls(I.e percentage sold in relation to other phone brands.) While in the annual growth, they calculated the amount it sold this year in relation to the previous year
To cut the story short, Xiaomi did not lie.

So the op no see this or what...

Data analysis prof wey no understand terminologies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get MTN 756MB Worth Of Data 100% Free Of Charge / Enjoy 1GB Free Data To Browse All Night With 9mobile #morecliq / ★What is your Dream Phone?★

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.