Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price (26859 Views)

Reactions Trail ‘Drop’ In Cooking Gas Price / Cooking Gas Price Drops, Supply Rises, FG Projects Further Decrease / FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by iwaeda: 8:25pm On Nov 26, 2023
The Federal Government has initiated a process to resolve challenges bordering on the supply and pricing of Liquefied Petroleum Gas in the country’s domestic market better known as cooking gas.

A statement by Louis Ibah, spokesman for the Minister of State Petroleum Resources (Gas), Ekperikpe Ekpo, said the minister waded into the issue following a rise in the price of LPG per kg from about N700 to above N1,100 in some parts of the country.

He said the meeting, at the instance of the minister, which was held at the NNPC Towers Abuja recently had in attendance top officials of Chevron Nigeria Limited led by Sansay Narasimi; Nigerian Midstream Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority led by its Chief Executive Officer, Farouk Ahmed and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Limited.

The PUNCH reports that key challenges identified as responsible for LPG price increase include FX sourcing for imports and insufficient supply to the domestic market by producers.

Ekpo expressed the concerns of President Bola Tinubu over the astronomical increase in the price of cooking gas and the attendant hardship on the majority of citizens.

Cooking gas price to rise next week, say marketers
The minister who noted that Nigeria is abundantly endowed with gas reserves, said the situation where some of the multinational firms were more concerned with gas exports without dedicating huge volumes to the domestic market was unacceptable and should be discouraged.

He said, “With the exponential increase in the price of LPG, there is the need for the Federal Government to intervene and I am representing this at this moment.

“We acknowledge that some producers are exporting while we are faced with the challenges of importation.

“Public interest is the overriding interest all over the world for the government, and the demand for LPG will increase as we approach December…you have a public service obligation to collaborate with the government to ensure the security of gas supply, we need to therefore bend backwards and find solutions, to ensure that we have sufficient supply and stability in-country and that Nigerians have gas.”

The minister thereafter constituted a committee with a mandate to come up with recommendations on how to boost supplies and crash LPG prices within a week.

https://punchng.com/fg-moves-to-crash-cooking-gas-price/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by Jadiks: 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2023
I just hope so

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by Lovemeharder(f): 8:30pm On Nov 26, 2023
Good.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by Bobloco: 8:30pm On Nov 26, 2023
lies and propaganda

Nigerians want to see it crash

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by 4KNGOATS(m): 8:31pm On Nov 26, 2023
iwaeda:
The Federal .https://punchng.com/fg-moves-to-crash-cooking-gas-price/
Rubbish talk until it's done 4k all of una fada

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by iwaeda: 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2023
Nlfpmod, the laughable crashers. grin grin grin angry

4 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by iwaeda: 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2023
4KNGOATS:

Rubbish talk until it's done 4k all of una fada
angry angry angry grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by Kingsasian(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2023
Always "moving." All talk and no action.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by Ozommadu: 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2023
Lovemeharder:
Thank God.

Why are Nigerians so easy to be deceived

Abi this one follow for "on your mandate " crew??

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by mightyhaze: 9:17pm On Nov 26, 2023
Kingsasian:
Always "moving." .
and vowing

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by jmoore(m): 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2023
It is pathetic and shameful that a country rich in gas can't make it cheap for the citizens.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by Faiththatworks(m): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2023
Nigerians and doing mago mago business.
Let me first address some issues I notice on Nairaland,some people are really programmed to come online and always hurl insultive words anytime there's a good thread that seems to talk about making life easier for the Nigerians.
Please I beg these people to sheathe their negative criticism and allow Nigerians breathe a bit on these good news.
Back to the topic,I daresay the biggest problem of Nigerians are middlemen and women.
Even if Government decides today to pump LPG to every nook and cranny of Nigeria so the price of gas can be reduced,these unscrupulous middlemen and women,who are the depot owners,the truck drivers e.t.c will definitely resist it because of the little margin they believe is their entitlement.
I believe that element of Greed is our biggest problem as a country.
I share a true life experience that happened some days ago on another issue,an anonymous person contacted on Whatsapp and asked I write reviews on an app and get paid 1000 for every positive review I wrote.
Due to my interactions with people from a certain country,I believe that individual was from that country,he gave me the number of someone I should contact on another app and submit a code so I could be registered in the system and get paid.
I contacted that person and lo and behold,I was given a task every 30 minutes to write a review,by the end of the day,I made 7000.
The next day I started writing my review and within 3 hours I was paid 5000.
I couldn't believe such freebies existed in Nigeria,until the Person paying me the money in Nigeria said I must make payments into a Ponzi scheme before I could be given more reviews,I quickly blocked the scammer and reported to the person who contacted me on Whatsapp.
The individual was very bitter and asked why the Nigerian person asked me to start making payments to a Ponzi scheme when all she was asked to do was simply pay people who had written reviews.
I just blocked all of them to have my sanity,what's my point in all these.
Just like the artificial increment in the price of gas, Nigerians are really the problem of their fellow Nigerians.
God bless Honest Nigerians.....

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by MEEVEET: 9:37pm On Nov 26, 2023
jmoore:
It is pathetic and shameful that a country rich in gas can't make it cheap for the citizens.
You are rich in methane gas not propane they are not the same tho can be used to substitute each other but definitely not in cylinder packs like we use propane

Propane is heavier so require little effort to convert to liquid unlike mathane

Propane is a byproduct of refining crude oil

Hope this helps

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by MDBAKP: 9:37pm On Nov 26, 2023
Na firewood sure pass for Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by year2013: 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2023
Lovemeharder:
Thank God.

Please thank God for something else not this lies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by igwebuike01: 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2023
Which one is "moves to"? Let's see results already

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by reiddecuti: 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2023
FG always "in move", always "will do", always in and always out for over 24 years of democracy in 4th republic and still Nigeria keeps deteriorating.

Believe this government like the past government at your own expense peril.

Na only their urchins they fit deceive.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by stano2(m): 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2023
They better do
Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by pretydiva(f): 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2023
Pls be swift about it. It's no longer funny cry

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by Dikastan: 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2023
Movement tinz...na so Buhari moved till he moved out of aso Rock

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by vastolord4(m): 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2023
grin
Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by id4sho(m): 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2023
Another lamba cheesy

Winter is here, price is increasing till March. APC, another lamba abeg

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by Toluabigr8(m): 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2023
Buhari = Shocked

Tinubu = Vow

If you know you know undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by vastolord4(m): 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2023
Dikastan:
Movement tinz...na so Buhari moved till he moved out of aso Rock

Lol.. you need to get a ban for this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by Blaze14k: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2023
Always on the move

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by Kpartners: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2023
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/fg-moves-to-crash-cooking-gas-price/
Yes ohhh
Just the way cement price was crashed to #3,500 and everyone is now building a house
And rice price too, now 20k for 50kg bag.
We will definitely teach omo Ibo a great lesson in this country

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by LivingSage: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2023
Another one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by OKUCHI11(m): 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2023
dat one na campaign promise for 2027...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by LivingSage: 10:00pm On Nov 26, 2023
Diva, no be lie but unfortunately it's mere words of mouth.

Nothing will change
pretydiva:
Pls be swift about it. It's no longer funny cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by Flier: 10:00pm On Nov 26, 2023
Bobloco:
lies and propaganda

Nigerians want to see it crash
Dont mind them,they are only deceiving us
No way to crash the price,only if subsidies is paid
Price around the world determine the price in Nigeria,is either the exchange rate fall or subsidy is paid,no other way

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Crash Cooking Gas Price by Usmanovic95(m): 10:00pm On Nov 26, 2023
I wish this FG talk less, let the results do the talking.

Is their a reduction in price of any commodity since this people took over power?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Freezes Tompolo’s N3billion Account / Okowa's Convoy Kills Elderly Man As Journalists Escape Death / Governor Lalong's Christmas Rice To Garah Unit In Plateau Angers APC Supporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.