Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,500 members, 7,865,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:31 PM

Patricia Technologies, Vindicated As Nigerian Police Force PR Exposes Hackers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patricia Technologies, Vindicated As Nigerian Police Force PR Exposes Hackers (149 Views)

Oshiomhole Vindicated As Obaseki Allegedly Scams Philip Of 300k Usd(video) / Staggered Elections : I Have Been Vindicated - Reno Omokri / Leaked Whereabouts Of Nnamdi Kanu Has Vindicated Our Position, Says IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Patricia Technologies, Vindicated As Nigerian Police Force PR Exposes Hackers by bestofnollywood: 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2023
The Nigeria PoliceForce recorded a breakthrough in the reported cybercrime perpetrated against Patricia Technologies with the arrest of one of the suspects, Wilfred Bonse, after a thorough investigation into the case by the National Cybercrime Center of the Nigeria Police (NPF-NCCC).

Patricia Technologies had earlier this year petitioned the Inspector General of Police to report the alleged theft following a reported breach of its cryptocurrency trading platform, Patricia.

The incident resulted in the loss of funds belonging to depositors and led to the suspension of the platform by Patricia Technologies to curtail further compromise of depositors’ funds.

The ensuing investigation revealed a far-reaching criminal conspiracy involving the unauthorized modification of computer systems and network data and the unlawful diversion of funds totaling over 607 Million Naira belonging to the petitioner.

The alleged theft included the conversion of cryptocurrency wallets and the diversion of unauthorized funds from Patricia Technologies’ Flutterwave account, with Wilfred Bonse, identified as a key player in the complex crime, conspiring with others to fraudulently divert Six Hundred and Seven Million Naira (N607,000,000.00) from Patricia Technologies’ account to his bank account through a cryptocurrency wallet.

According to Hanu Fejiro, CEO of Patricia Technologies, the conclusion of the police investigation and the eventual arrest of one of the perpetrators is a huge respite to the firm as well as all its stakeholders...

Read on...

https://applesbite.com/patricia-technologies-vindicated-as-nigerian-police-force-pr-exposes-hackers/
Re: Patricia Technologies, Vindicated As Nigerian Police Force PR Exposes Hackers by kenny714433(m): 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2023
A good company will always offer bug bounty. Maybe if Patricia had done this, the user would have reported the bug instead.

Nigerian companies should learn from its counterparts. I'm sure security audit wasn't carried out on the platform.

Is there any bug bounty on Nairaland? No! The day I'll decide to look at this forum, Seun won't know what hit him.

Lastly, I didn't know the NPF even have cybersecurity unit. Wow, impressive. I thought they were only good at collecting bribes.

(1) (Reply)

God Ordained Tinubu To Become President - Oba Of Benin / EBHA Approves The Engagement Of ICMA Professional Services As Consultant / Should Politics Be Called A Dirty Game?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.